Dev Discussion Episode 27: Underworld Trials Alert Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmce84 Loyal Player

Is the Minotaur supposed to prepare the charge attack but not actually do it?, because I had that happen a couple of times.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

The 4th Investigation is glitched.

To get the egg in the last room; retrieve only 2 eggs, then when you confront the Phoenix, knock it out twice & let it discover the last one is wrong. When it enrages, GET OUT OF THERE FAST.
    When you confront Medusa, she will summon the Phoenix half-way into the fight. Take it & Medusa down. Then get everyone back to the first room WITHOUT leaving the instance. Remember those Phoenix symbols on the floor in some rooms? One person has to stand on each. When this happens, each will be teleported to a room where 2 Cockatrices guard a nest with the last egg (I got the one with the spikes). Kill the birds, get the egg, feat awarded.
    • Like x 1
  3. AccelT Well-Known Player

Yeah... the Minotaur won't charge if all members are by a chain and the Minotaur is being kept near that chain aswell, which will most likely result in a fail attempt at breaking one of the chains. You actually need someone to be further away from the corner in which many players keep him so he can have a target to charge (seems like the Minotaur isn't that dumb).

If you are running without a Tank, the best thing you can do is try to split in pairs and begin at opposite corners diagonally. Once the Minotaur goes towards one pair (because of the aggro. Ideally, your pairs would be DPS-Healer and DPS-Controller. If not, try to have the Healer by the DPS who got aggro of the Minotaur) the other pair can move towards the middle to do damage/heal/give-power, that way the Minotaur should charge towards the pair that's in the middle and hit a chain (if the player who's getting rushed at places himself to be in the path towards the chain, which he/she should be on since you are diagonally). By then the pair on the corner should move either clockwise or counter clockwise and repeat until all 4 chains are broken (I highly doubt the Minotaur will switch targets since he seems to have no aggro drop scripted besides that rushing move. In case he does, either try to let whoever had aggro recover it, or have the pair switch positions from corner to middle and vice versa).
    • Like x 1
  4. AccelT Well-Known Player

The 4th Investigation being unreachable was fixed (Check the left path of the maze up close).

You don't need to force the Phoenix on the Medusa Trial to get that egg. You can simply go before you fight it or even after the fight if you picked up 3 eggs on the maze before, just have 3 players use the pressure plates (also, you don't need the 3 players on each plate. You only need the 3 to be on any: 1-1-1, 1-2-0 or 3-0-0).
    • Like x 1
  5. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thanks for the update. I described how I got the "Poached' feat, which worked. Once the USPS server is back, I'll try again.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I can tell ya i did the feat multiple times w/out ever turning my camera away. Just have to turn your toons back to her. The feat worked the 1st day cause i got it on 3 toons. But my other 2 havent been able to get it the last few days even tho no1 was turned to stone. It seems to be bugged.

4th investigation was fixed with todays hotfix if anyone didnt notice.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea that works i guess. But there is always a chance ya get stuck on a loading screen and dc. I just think its weird we would all be in combat after everything is dead. That doesnt seem to make much sense.
    • Like x 1
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

Should I just walk away or is the a certain range to her attack?
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I roll away and hold block and it works everytime except today......
    Earlier today, Medusa lunged me once ( from accross the room ) knocking me down & turning me to stone....
    My back was turned while holding block too........XD
    • Like x 1
  10. Craven Green Loyal Player

Investigation not bugged got it last night.
  11. Millbarge Developer

Apologies for the late response - I was out of town over the weekend.

Adjustments have been made to the Minotaur so he shouldn't fail to charge
    The investigation that couldn't be reached is now accessible

I'll be taking a look at the various issues that were brought up over the weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ok thanks, being Light it's kinda of hard to not be always targeting her, but combos can sometime keep you stuck until the animation is done.
    • Like x 1
  13. Millbarge Developer

You'll need to dodge her charge to avoid being turned to stone. She gives a lengthy Tell before she charges. If she hits you, the knockdown will force you to turn and face her as you fall to the ground...you will be turned to stone.

-Millbarge

Edit: Typos
    • Like x 2
  14. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

After we beat the final boss we are stuck in combat mode. Any way to fix this?
  15. Millbarge Developer

I've checked in a fix internally for this - it should make it out to the Live Servers over the next few patches.

-Millbarge
  16. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Any reason why most adds can be killed by 1 invisibility into mass terror from a 187 mental?
    Any reason not to slightly buff this alert?

Oh and had a group that after phoenix fight didnt get the amount of adds it were supposed to in 2nd to last room, and therefor couldnt get into last room to do medusa
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Does the feat includes not being turned into stone by the gorgon adds or just by Medusa?
    • Like x 1
  18. AccelT Well-Known Player

That happened to me once a couple days ago. However, I could see a red dot on the map in that area so I just stood near that and the reamining add appeared.
  19. AccelT Well-Known Player

AFAIK, only Medusa. I've run the feat with several players and in about 3/12 someone was turned into stone by adds and the feat was achieved.
    • Like x 1
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...then its deffinetly bugged. We run it today and nobody was turned in stone by Medusa and the feat didnt pop up.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.