Dev Discussion Episode 27: Seeing Shades Again Solo Mission

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You're focusing on the wrong part of my bug report. Sometimes if you replay the Seeing Shades Again mission swiftly after the last run, after you have completed the open world section you may enter an empty instance where Faust and some Shades would normally be. When this happens I found it best to leave the instance and return to Gotham Under Siege and then re-enter, otherwise if you continue through the empty instance and go straight to Themyscira the mission will not reward loot - and then you will have to return again to Faust's Lair and do the mission again from Faust onwards to get the loot.

I'm not focussing on how you get loot, its that if the Faust instance is empty and you continue the mission will not reward loot and you will have to run the mission again from the Faust part to the end in order to receive the mission rewards.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A little thing.

Why do heroes have to defend one more amazon than villains during the first part of this solo mission?
    • Like x 1
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Does wearing the gear impact the drop rate at all? Such as is there a drop rate difference between having just the feat unlocked vs wearing all 8 pieces.
  4. spord Developer

No.
  5. TLantern Developer

That makes more sense. By skipping Faust you're not getting credit for the middle stage of the Mission, and by proceeding to Themyscira you're basically skipping a step, and blocking Mission progress. The Mission at that point is still checking to see if you beat Faust and not Artemis, so even though you beat Themyscira you haven't actually completed the whole Mission for your rewards.

I have put in a couple of safety nets to help ensure that Faust will be there if you reset the Mission.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

I came across a Bug with Artemis where she Reset after getting close to the edge of the room near the stairway entrance. I'll have the video in the Bug Report section up in a moment and I'll link it in this post.

Bug Report: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-2129
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Tell Faust no smoking breaks are allowed. He's expected to be on the job a full eight hours, other than lunches.

But do give him a healthy box lunch. Wouldn't want him to get weak.
    • Like x 2
  8. TLantern Developer

In your video the door is open and you went past where it should be, that's why she reset. That's the part I need more info on. When you engage Artemis the door should shut. Were you testing resets, or did you wipe at all?
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

I didnt wipe it but I did restart it after she reset twice from this in the same run. I ran it again to try and reproduce it but didnt happen. Im keeping a closer eye on it as I run it.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

So I havent recorded it yet but I have noticed so far on each run Ive done that if i stand on the border on top tof the steps, use my BackUp trinket and then immediately Lunge while the backup is flying down, they'll be stuck on the other side of the invisible wall and once they somehow teleport into the fight, Artemis attacks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.