Dev Discussion Episode 27: Seeing Shades Again Solo Mission

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The mission is set up to direct you through the story, and you get the reward for doing the missions in the following order
    Seeing shades (where the Seer tells you that you need to perform some impossible tasks).
    Underworld Trials (where you perform the impossible tasks).
    Olympus raid ( where Typhon takes the crown).
    Typhon's monster invasion open world solos
    Raising Hades duo
    Good of monsters raid.

You can do any instance at any time, but the mission will only update when you complete the next one on the list. So if you did the raids, alert, duo, and open world before seeing shades, the mission will only mark seeing shades complete.

Also, as TLantern said, this is a one time mission. The point of it is to run you through the story in order so you can understand what is going on.
    • Like x 1
  2. TLantern Developer

For this Mission there are two, one Brief Collection and one Gold Collection.
  3. TLantern Developer

It's ok, I am here to help! So there are only two parts to the Mission. You're on the last half, when that is done you will get your rewards. It is also just a one time thing, the Mission will not repeat for the character you completed it on. This particular Mission is something we call a "pointer" mission internally, it's designed to show you all the pieces of new content and we reward you for doing all of it at least once.

I hope that helps!
    • Like x 1
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

But how many question marks are there, because I've found 3 at times instead of the usual 2 (which normally is 1 at Faust and 1 at Artemis). Also do I still need 1 piece of Elite gear for the Omnipotent collection to start dropping or does having 1 Regalia piece also triggers it?
  5. TLantern Developer

There's a possibility that 3 will drop. The one in Faust's lair has a chance to drop, and there should be 2 in Themyscira.

You need to get the Divine Favor feat first, then Omnipotent will start dropping.
  6. soldierzofe New Player

I did the first Parts to get into the Portal and fought against Felix Faus. But then, my PS3 Crashed and after a Restart i was outside, infront of the Building with the Portal...unable to get in again, not even in a Group. My Mission said i have to go to Themyscira but i can't get in again, no matter what i do.

Edit: OK, i found the other Way to Themyscira but have i missed something in Faust's Lair?
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ok, at one time I found 3 at Themyscira, most times there's only 2 there and none at Faust.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Thank you for the response and info. Much appreciated.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

Sorry to keep bugging you but I haven't found a thread dedicated to the drops on Live, do the Omni collection pieces drop from a specific instance or can any question mark from the content drop one, and do I need to always be wearing 4 divine pieces or do I only need the feat and that's it?
  10. TLantern Developer

It sounds like you were able to beat Faust before the crash. You may have missed some dialogue from Wonder Woman and possibly a Gold collection. You can play the solo once a day, so you have a chance to see the things you may have missed. Don't worry about loot, it will be given to you when the Mission is completed.
  11. spord Developer

You do not need to be wearing the gear once you unlock the Divine Favor feat. Every boss from Amazon Fury III has a low chance to drop a collection item once you have that feat.
    • Like x 1
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

oh ok, thanks.
  13. YoCuro Active Player

So during the cut scene Artemis lunged me (It may have been swarm hitting her, I'm nature) but she ended up outside the zone so I couldn't attack.

Strangely my backups and orbital could hit her, so I guess ill wait to kill her with that as I am in combat and can't warp rally!
    http://imgur.com/a/z6inM Edit - Swarm could hit her outside the zone too.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Last night I apparently killed the first boss too quickly -- or maybe there was some other cause -- but although I killed the boss, the door wouldn't open. Leaving the instance and coming back didn't help. I had to log out and log back in and then clear the room of adds again to make it work. And, yes, I did check everywhere to make sure there wasn't an add I missed.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Don't know if this has already been brought up but sometimes if you replay this solo mission the Faust instance will be empty and the mission will tell you to continue to Themyscira, only to get no loot after beating Artemis.

A simple fix is to leave the Faust instance if empty and re-enter. The 2 Shade adds and Faust should be there.

Not sure if this is related to leaving Themyscira while the Seer is talking still and then replaying. When I've waited (or waited for Seer to finish speaking) the empty Faust instance is less likely to occur after replaying the mission.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Whoops, this actually happened to me during the Typhon cleaning out the Sewer mission, NOT the Shades mission. Sorry for confusing the two in my report.
  17. TLantern Developer

Do you mean that when you turn the Mission in that you get no loot? Because Artemis doesn't drop loot, it's all given to you on the quest turn in.
  18. TLantern Developer

I see. I was wondering if that was the case. Thank you for updating me!
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I mean the Wise Seer/mission doesn't give you loot - if you enter an empty Faust instance after the two open world parts, proceed to Themyscira and beat Artemis. You would have to leave the instance and return to Faust's lair to find the Shades and Faust there - then continue the mission for the intended loot from the Wise Seer/mission.
  20. TLantern Developer

During PC Test we removed loot from the bosses and put it all on the Mission turn in. Faust, and the battle with Artemis should not drop loot for you anymore. Upon turning in the Mission is the only way now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.