Dev Discussion Episode 27: Seeing Shades Again Solo Mission

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hey, Everyone!

Welcome to the official Feedback Thread for the Solo Mission "Seeing Shades Again!" Just as a note, this is the Solo Mission similar to "Patrol Catastrophe" where you get a quest that sends you into an instance in the end, not to be confused with Open World Missions.

Please feel free to leave any questions, comments, and all other feedback here. Thank you, and enjoy!
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

So went to do this solo just now and the guy to speak with to get the the mission isnt there. Instead this is on the ground.
    [IMG]
    But my journal tells me to speak with cruz and directs me here and on the map the orange X is where im standing. This is now the 3rd piece of daily content i cannot complete today. When u guys make vendor costs so high it means even losing 1-3 coins is a big deal.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Gonna post this again. Ive run the solo on 4 toons and i go to GuS and track the mission that says speak to captain cruz and the npc is there and gives me the mission. But the 1st day and now after reset i do the same thing on my atomic toon and cruz is not there. I have the mission tracked, it tells me go to this spot and its marked with the orange X and im standing on top of it. For some reason my map wont appear in the screenshot. But u can see captain cruz is not in the spot they are supposed to be in. And again this is only happening on this 1 specific toon of mine. Its very strange. If someone could explain this it would be helpful cause i cant run the mission. Thanks.

Edit: Asked 2 other players that were near me and they both said they could not see the cruz npc either and couldnt get the mission. And both people said they were able to get it on their alts. So something is definitely wrong with the solo.

[IMG]
    So think i found the issue. Because it just happen on my nature toon also. When tracking the mission in your journal it is giving an objective to then complete the alert before u can get the solo mission again. Which makes no sense. What if i dont have time to do the alert but only have time for the solo? Here is a pick of my journal. The last objective is unfinished which is complete the alert. And it has marked/finished speaking to captain cruz. So its telling me i have to run the alert again before i can get the solo mission even tho daily reset already happened. It even shows in the journal i completed the solo. Daily reset happened and i cannot get the solo again because its telling me to complete the alert 1st. The alert objective shouldnt be in there. We have never had to complete an alert to be able to get a solo mission after it reset. League mate just told me he is also having the same problem.
    [IMG]
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Sorry for the multiple posts. But just found out someone pushed captain cruz off the edge of the building and they fell all halfway down the building. So she is stuck right there and ya half to go down there to get the mission. Might wanna look into bring her back to the top and making it so people cant push her off.

Pretty sure the only way she can be pushed off like that is if someone used a bouncy ball or something like that to push her. Idky people do stuff like that.
  5. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the report Light FX! That's no good, I'll put in a couple different safeguards to keep this from happening again. Thank you again!
    • Like x 3
  6. HarryHell Well-Known Player

can u add this solo somehow to the on duty tab, and also make it count towards solo challenge feats. The solo itself im fine with, but for me a solo should have a way to que it, and should count towards challenge feats.
    Tbh i'm probably fine with just the latter.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Captain cruz is halfway down the side of the building again. Either someone is pushing her off or shes falling. Either way ya might wanna look into making her stationary so it doesnt keep happening.

Edit: Hadnt seen your replay Tlantern b4 i posted this. Thanks for the reply and recognizing the issue.
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

DO I have to run the raid every time so that I can run the solo?
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

The solo has it's own lockout.
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

This is just a quick note, not really anything game breaking but when you are approaching Artemis she's blonde, it's not until the cut scene that it goes back to red.
  11. TLantern Developer

Not at all. Either Captain Cruz or Lieutenant Muhr (villains) will have a quest for you in Gotham Under Siege (not Typhon's Invasion). There's no prerequisite to start this mission. Are you somehow gated from taking on the mission?
  12. TLantern Developer

That seems...strange. Is she wearing different clothes too? Or does her name change? I'll look into to it in any case.
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

Same clothes, so far it only happened once, maybe it was lag or an issue in my end.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

So in case some people missed it there is a journal mission that gives 5 coins and a blue wpn box if ya run the content in order. It keeps updating itself also. Curious if this is intended? And does it ever end? Cause im on the 2nd mission now. Amazon fury III:gods in my journal. Does it ever clear from the journal is my question.
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

SHHHHHHHH
  16. TLantern Developer

I'm not sure I understand your questions. Are you asking if it's intended that you get 5 coins and a weapon box? And secondly, if the quest goes away?

Yes, you should get 5 coins and a box, but only once for that mission. It is not a repeatable mission either. If it is that's a bug.

The mission will clear when it is completed, so long as you finish what it says. Did you complete your mission task and it did not update?
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea im asking if it ever clears from the journal. Cause the 1st mission is the III: and 2nd one is III:gods. So is there a 3rd? A 4th and so on? And if yes does it keep rewarding 5 coins? Is it a weekly thing or a 1 time thing? Should of been more clear on how i asked, sorry about that.
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

How many collections should there be, 2 or 3?
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It seems that this was related to Captain Cruz being missing, and now returning. And then combining that Journal issue about needing to run Olympus. This led to some confusion.
    • Like x 1
  20. AccelT Well-Known Player

When you approach Artemis, the cutscene timings are a bit odd. The seer is focused almost at the same time as Artemis starts her dialog.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.