Dev Discussion Episode 27: "Olympus" Raid & Elite Raid feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

And with this you are. I'm on the Xbox one server and not a lot of us have over 200 Sp in fact a majority is somehow between 50 and 160 with the masses in about 120 or 100.

The normal Olympian and the Gom raid. Keeps a fun challenge and normally completed in 45 minutes for most of us and the elite versions are doable but can easily take 2 hours for most groups. I'm satisfied with these results. I thank you for giving we the XBOX community as a whole the time needed to catch up Its a little funner just knowing that at some point in time we will finish the raid we may not be on point in the beginning but we eventually come together and complete it.

Cant say the same for DWF or prison break where a mass majority of people literally hate and refuse to go in because of its difficulty or shall I say lack of their SP's to be able to enjoy it and complete it. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, that's a shame. Using the dodge roll to clear a "trap" was an interesting mechanic that we hadn't seen before. I personally thought it was a dynamic, fun addition to the game play. Sorry to see it go.
  3. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

I agree with jackfrost if it wasn't suppose to be did without damage and he they fixed it so be....problem is ppl most cr low sp players talk to much and when the devs get aware n fix it to do want they intended it to do now its let's go to forum and cry abt it...he said if we still 'an pull it off god for us if not then its doing its job...the pool was for Zeus to take damage from it cld either hurt him or make him op I think Tht was mind frame of the devs thinking when they made Tht raid....either way just play the raid using either mechanic and hope your group know when to drink Tht elixir

FYI I'm not a new player just this forum tag is new
  4. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Late here but is one shot n drinking the elixir is if he's facing your direction if he's not facing you don't waste the elixir and the electric balls damage only hurt u if the healers are lacking
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

All I was saying was it was a neat mechanic and a change of pace; it was a "bravo dev". I appreciated what seemed to be some creative thought on part of the dev team. Maybe they will consider things like the roll cleanse in the future.
    • Like x 1
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

post was made when this first got released. During the full duration of test server, both his elec balls and his skull were 1shots. Both got nerfed when moved to live and I noticed the elec balls didn't 1shot on live when i saw streams of groups just standing there but I hadn't looked for the skull damage w/o elixir yet.
  7. JackFrost Developer

Hey again! Is anyone still seeing this behavior? We've been investigating further, and the only time I can reproduce an issue anything like this internally is if I undo the change that was patched out more than a week ago. I just want to confirm if this bug still happens where you get form-changed into an eagle while casting an ability, causing you to sort of freeze, unable to do much except move around without animating. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not sure if previously mentioned but occasionally a shade warrior add will appear in the corridor between 1st and 2nd bosses. Maybe the Shades are slowly spilling onto Olympus? Or unintended.
  9. Ully Committed Player

Hey Frost, I have not seen this bug since last I reported it. I've completed both versions of Olympus since then and none of my group members or myself included, have experienced this bug.
  10. JackFrost Developer

The Olympian Necromancer can summon Shades, so that's maybe what you're seeing?
  11. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the heads up! If anyone sees this bug again, please chime in.
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Ahh OK. Just wanted to clarify it was intended and not a overlooked bug of some kind with the wrong NPC showing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.