Dev Discussion Episode 27: "Olympus" Raid & Elite Raid feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pults Loyal Player

It just seems completely random. One minute I'm doing my atomic rotation on Zeus, he turns around, I become the bird and I'm unable to move or use the only ability. The duration of this freeze also varies. Longes was close to 20s, shortest today was about 3-5 seconds.

This bug is kind of frustrating since I'm not doing or seeing anything out of the usual. Would it be possible to get some sort of a refresh ability that would remove any crowd control, sort of like a refreshing? I'm not code savvy but I think the simples fix would be letting players to resolve it themselves. Since finding the casue seems a bit hopeless.
  2. JackFrost Developer

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed information on this bug.

I've been discussing it with some engineers this morning. They're going to investigate the root issue, but I'm putting in a patch that I hope will solve the issue for this case in particular. That fix I've submitted should hopefully make it out with the next hotfix. If my fix works or not (once it reaches the live server), please report back!
  3. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Is there a way to get Zeus' Lightning Attack to not trigger on WW/Circe and the apples? I ended up dying a few times, b/c that attack intensifies, the more people that are gathered around you, however, no one was by me but the NPC's and apples lol. If it's intended to trigger on the NPC's and objects in the room, I'll just be sure to move away.
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Hey jackfrost, I love the new raid and who ever designed it for looks and stuff, but as a healer watching over the healthbars of my team, I seem to have the deer in the headlights problem with the two new raids. There are shadow spots to where you can see any animation and can see all health bars clearly but when the health bars are always in the bright part unless you do a weird angle your toon will see mostly shadows on the rest of the screen makes focusing very difficult.
    Is there anyway for an option to allow a black bar behind our groups names so we can clearly see the distinction between our toon seeing half shade, and half brightness? The map is just so bright I literally can't keep a peripheral eye on it because it just blends in. Same thing with gom second boss, gawd it's just terrible.
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Noticed the hotfix for this today, appreciate it.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Earlier when I was running Olympus one of the adds in the courtyard area either glitched out of the map, or......I don't know. There was a red dot there but we couldn't see the add and therefore couldn't continue to the Athena boss fight.
    We had to disband and then re-q.

Not sure how it happened but was strange.
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Not sure if this was an old video that he had saved but didn't upload from before the fix or not but he uploaded this today showing the bug.
  8. Ully Committed Player

The normal and elite version of the Olympus raid continues to be plagued with bugs. During the Zeus fight, It takes an excessive amount of rolls to cleanse the pools because most often than not, rolling over the pools to cleanse them is somehow not registering. Then there's the random KO from cleansing the pool while in mid-roll. Why is this happening? Very buggy.

Also, when Zeus transforms you into an eagle, if you're in the middle of an animation, there's a chance that your animation will carry over onto the eagle form, which renders your character useless. This has happened to me quite a few times. I've included a screenshot below.

Notice the mini gun on the eagle? While in this state, your mobility is compromised and you're unable to interact with the environment - can't consume the apples, can't pick up and you really can't move.

Devs, I know you're busy but please fix these bugs. They aren't new and they've been here since the release of this DLC.

[IMG]
  9. JackFrost Developer

Thank you for this video. And thanks to Ully for the additional information. I didn't know whether my attempted data fix worked or not until these posts, and the additional information you all have provided may have given us the information we needed to create a fix for this issue.
    • Like x 2
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

11. JackFrost Developer

Just to clarify, so we're all on the same page: if a pool is electrified, the lightning rod within it can't cleanse you. And if you get too close to an electrified pool, it will discharge, and potentially KO you. Also, to cleanse the Vexation, assuming the pool isn't electrified, you shouldn't need to roll through it, but you should be able to just approach it. Then you should have a little time to get away from the pool before it becomes electrified, at which point it could potentially discharge and shock you. So, you certainly can roll away from it to get away, but rolling shouldn't be necessary. You probably know all this, but again, I just wanted to make sure everything is on the table.

That all said, do you or anyone happen to have any video showing the behaviors you're describing here? It might helpful. If you are seeing an issue like this, can you also verify what your FX slider is set to in your settings? I'm wondering if sometimes people aren't seeing that a pool is electrified, which I suspect could happen if the FX slider is turned down. It may or may not be relevant, but what platform are you playing on? PS3? PS4? Xbox? PC? Also, does the issue where you don't get cleansed of Vexation only occur when you try to 'roll through' a pool? Or can it happen when you walk up to a pool? Any more information might help. Thanks for any help in this regard!
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I think he's referring to rolling as in after a pool is electrified from someone cleansing on it earlier, you can roll through it to disarm that potential 1shot. We were using tanks/healers to shield in order to get rid of the electrified pools, but apparently rolling a particular way over it also gets rid of it. I'm assuming the half a second delay we use to block after entering a pool is now being used with the roll in order to get out of range of the attack while triggering it, but he was unsuccessful and died.
  13. Ully Committed Player

Hi Frost,

I play on the PC platform and PS4 players have also reported the same issue while in-game. The issue I'm referring to, is rolling across a pool to cleanse it from the electricity. On the live version of this DLC, players are rolling across the pools to cleanse them, however, rolling over the pools does not consistently remove the electricity from the pools. In my experience, it takes between 2 to 4 and sometimes even 5 rolls to cleanse a pool. In addition, sometimes, a single roll over an effected pool results in a KO and this has happened without having Zeus' dot.

Is rolling across a pool an alternative method of cleansing as opposed to popping shields and walking over them? Because even the latter suffers from inconsistencies. Unfortunately, I don't have any videos but I'll try to get some footage when I can.
  14. JackFrost Developer

Okay, thanks to both you and HaiiowDreamz for clarifying. The intent with that mechanic in the Elite mode was that you'd either have to shield-up and mitigate the damage by walking into it, or you could kite Zeus near to a pool, which would clear it, but would give him a damage boost for a short while. It wasn't intended that dodge-rolling through an electrified pool would cause it to clear without arcing damage, but thinking about it, I can see how technically it'd be possible. In the normal mode, the pools should lose their electric charge after a little while if they're not triggered to deal damage.

I have a few more questions if you have the time:

Are the other two intended methods of clearing the pools I described above not working well enough? For example, is the damage boost Zeus gets too high? Or is that not working as intended at all?

When shielding up and walking into a charged pool, and absorbing the damage, is it too deadly? It was intended to be pretty tough, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to tune this.

Knowing now that folks are using dodge-roll to try and diffuse the electrified pools presents and interesting dilemma. On one hand, I'm of the mind that if folks can pull that move off successfully, good for them, even if it wasn't intended. But on the other hand, I'm not even sure it's technically do-able on our end to make it 'work' 100% of the time like folks think it's supposed to. So I'm almost inclined to put safeguards in that would attempt to prevent dodge-rolling from ever clearing an electrified pool. Because right now, if the working player theory about the mechanic is that you are supposed to dodge-roll through it to clear it, and it's not working like folks think it should be, then it feels broken, even though it wasn't ever intended to work that way.

I'm talking the issue over with some other folks here, but would love to hear more feedback on the issue. Thanks again!
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

16. Ully Committed Player

Hey Frost,

Thanks for prompt reply. HaiiowDreams pretty much summed it up lol I'm not sure what more I can add. Regarding the difficulty, I'm in no way shape or form asking for a nerf. My question was strictly pertaining to the dodge and roll method, regarding cleansing the pools. In light of the info you provided, I would not be opposed to the dev team adding safeguards to prevent players from bypassing the intended mechanic. As mentioned previously, my concern was rooted on the assumption that the dodge and roll method, was an alternative to cleansing the pool and that it was not working consistently. This method is pretty much the standard procedure for completing the last boss.

Thank you for clarifying the last boss mechanic.
  17. JackFrost Developer

Right on. Thanks again for all the info to both of you. I'm making a fix so that it should do damage consistently when dodge-rolling through an electrified pool. The intent was never to have that be a method for discharging the electricity for a pool without taking damage. Also, since I can't get it to consistently 'work' (after some attempts locally) how folks thought it was intended to work anyway, I think it's bad messaging and feels busted if dodge-rolling ever does cleanse the pool without triggering damage.

This fix should make it to the live service fairly soon I hope, so keep an eye out for a note.
    • Like x 1
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

weird, works 100% of the time for me though
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

Zeus' damage is fine. At the beginning of the contents release we noticed he was receiving a buff in damage when he absorbed the electric charge from the rods. Our tank was able to take it but we just decided to have healer and controller shields remove them since it was just a logical choice. Reduce damage out from boss > reduce heals spammed > reduce threat. No changes are needed. Even at higher level CR it's more manageable but we still stick with healer/trolls removing it since the buff gives us incentive.

No changes are needed here either. With 180 cr and above, a player with full health and healer/controller shield will mitigate damage and have 50% to 25% health left without blocking. Even 10% is survivable. Communicationat that level is ideal because the player can tell the healer (unless it's the healer going into the charged rod) to spam heals for recovery. It just puts the healer on quick reaction status. Should be left as it.

I've rarely ever taken damage from rolling through the charged rod when I found out about this from a leaguemate. If it wasn't the intended cleanse from the beginning, combat mechanics allow damage to be evaded from rolling, and a majority of the time the damage is not registering (for the removable of the charge) then it should made so you can't even use this as an option. If you're making it so you have to take damage then that's even while rolling then that's ok. This is one of the few raids in recent times where there is real threat level incentive for healers and controllers to use their shields in a raid (not SM) setting for a boss. So option would still be there depending on how much damage the players rolling are taking.
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It's beautiful
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.