Test Discussion Episode 16: Oa Under Siege feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Loot Tables are fubared currently. Just ignore them lol
  2. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I ran this 3 times today and didnt receive any marks it that intented?
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, but you shouldn't be required to check the patch notes. Not everyone even visits the forums. There needs to be an in game indicator.
  4. TLantern Developer

The Quest "Hal Needs Help" is automatically granted to you. It should guide you all the way to Metropolis Battlezone, where you then get the quest "Oa Under Siege." Or are you saying you want a communicator message to pop up telling you to check your journal?
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

This. First thing I did was pull up my On Duty menu. Nothing. I imagine most folks will do that. I did find the entry in my Journal, but nothing pointed me there. Most times, I recall a message, either voiceover, chat, or both, that directed us to such new missions. I think that would be helpful.
    • Like x 1
  6. TLantern Developer

Whaaa? You want the Black Lanterns to destroy all life as we know it!? ;)

When starting the quest, Hal has a communicator message stating that "anyone getting this messge" should help. Black Lanterns are a big deal, we've helped out Sinestro and Hal before with the Mists, we can't ignore another threat that comes to the Central Power Battery!
    • Like x 4
  7. NayrTheWise Active Player

I've run this twice, with 127 CR, mix of 110 and 112 gear from previous testing, mental, modded with might. First run, I managed to get the Hard as Light Feat, even with that gear. I did eventually go and boost my generator to get the supply drop and orbital boosted, after many near misses (I wiped many times while trying for the feat). That pool of corruption that does lots of damage if you are in/near it seems to show up in random spots with no real tell or warning, which can be frustrating. On the second run I didn't need the feat, and finished the fight first try by taking out the adds... some of that was the practice I'd had before.

For the Corrupted Interruption feat, I defeated T'Larto without defeating any corrupted energies the first run, and tried to defeat 5 energies before defeating him for the second run. I admit I probably lost count of the energies, but I thought I had only killed 3 or 4 by the time T'Larto went down while attacking my block, and I got the feat anyway. Has anyone else noticed getting credit for the "5 before T'Larto" portion and not actually haven taken out 5?

Bugs:
    Munk appears to only have a short-range teleport, and mostly in a straight line. If you are making repeated runs on the final fight, you can't supersonic fly down the tunnel, or he'll get lost. If you fly slowly, he'll leapfrog teleport behind you and usually make it without you having to stop. If you get too far around the curve in front of him, he loses you. He should be able to fly faster and his teleport should work better.

As others have mentioned, Munk doesn't always join a fight. You can be fighting fairly near him, and he'll ignore the bad guy sometimes, other times he'll join in and help.

On the second run, when I first got to the corruption wall and heard the voiceover from Hal saying "It's no use", and telling me to go look for a blue lantern, Hal wasn't in the room, the room was empty. On the first run he had been in the room fighting black lanterns, which I assume was correct.

On the first run, at the very end, Munk did his animation to clear the corruption from the battery, but the corruption effect went away before he had barely started the animation, so it didn't look like he did it. I didn't think to watch for that the second run, so I don't know if it was just that once or every time.

I was at first going to ask about the "corruption" effect on the downed lanterns out in Battlezone Metro, if it was supposed to be on the bodies, rather than centered on the little box floating over them... then I realized that's a black ring hovering over them. Very cool! :)

I'm glad Munk does the "teleport back into the instance" thing, rather than making you fly all the way back up to the teleporter, that's a nice streamlining that eases the feeling of having to go all the way out and come all the way back in. And it uses his teleport ability, which is cool. I agree he needs an icon over his head though at that point.

Do we really need new icons for trash items like broken bones and teeth? Do those take up graphic/memory resources? I'd be willing to bet you could remove trash items entirely and hardly anyone would complain... (I'd say no-one, but I'm sure _somebody_ would complain). It's at least kinda cool when the trash items are DC-related things like parademon gear, but bone fragments and broken teeth? I don't see how those add enough value to rate their own unique icons.

The reward from either the briefing or investigation was again black energy tendrils, and I _think_ I also saw that as a drop choice from a boss. Is it meant to be that, or should it be something new?

I didn't have any problem with the difficulty. They were hitting hard, but if I kept them stunned they went down fast, and it was pretty easy. The Hard as Light fight was frustrating, but it was possible, it just became a lot of things to manage with all the adds and the random nearly-instant pool of death showing up. I'd be fine with it being a bit harder, really, as I'm sure it will get easier with better gear.
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

At CR 126, the only feat I wasn't able to get was the one where you don't turn the gears on any of Hal's Black Lanterns. I was just getting interrupted too much for the high amount of damage I was taking and the low amount I was dishing out.

Edit: I did count five energies in that fight, BTW.
  9. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

Hello.

Can you please clarify this statement? Did you receive the Black Energy Tendrils base item from an Episode 16 Investigation? Or are you talking about the one from Episode 15? The intention is that it is a reward for the Episode 15 Briefing (Indigo Tribe) and also in the loot table based on feedback and us wanting players to have access to multiples.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  10. NayrTheWise Active Player

I'll login and check when I get home. It's possible that I had completed the episode 15 briefing (That's from the duo?) when testing then, but hadn't actually made it to the mailbox to collect it. I remember I had two pieces of mail, one with the tendrils and one with Munk's tattered cloak or something like that. I was assuming I had completed both a new briefing and a new investigation so had two, but maybe I just completed the one new one and the other mail was an uncollected one from earlier. I didn't delete the mails, so I should be able to tell when I get on again.

(And I'm glad it's in the loot table, it's cool and it definitely needs to be possible to deck a whole room out with them)
  11. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

Thanks for the reply!

The Tattered Top is the intended reward from the In Blackest Night investigation during the Oa Under Siege mission, so I think you're getting the correct rewards.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Liked it for the most part it's what I'd expect for a solo. Some issues/questions:
    • In the Metropolis portion one of the fallen lanterns converted without a timer showing as I was fighting (but hadn't downed) some black lanterns. Is that working as intended?
    • I like that you can teleport from Munk but it took me a second to realize I had to talk to him again. After talking to him the first time I went right to the green pad and waited for it to light up. Not a huge issue but didn't seem consistent with other parts of the WoTL content where you use the pads to get around. NOTE: Just before sending this I took a second to read above and saw that inline with some other comments.
    • The black lanterns after you return from Metropolis seem significantly more difficult. I would think this is WIA as you now have Munk with you but just thought I'd mention it.
    • As always with a solo it'd be nice to have a repair vendor accessible in the instance. In this case you can return to the battlefront vendor easily enough so it's not a huge issue though.
    • Like x 1
  13. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the feedback. In Metropolis some of the lanterns will convert almost instantly, while others will take a few seconds.

What's unique about Munk and the Indigo tribe is that they all have the ability to teleport from anywhere (they can teleport others as well). I wanted to use this as an opportunity to add a little DC canon to the mission :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ik now some folks have mentioned it but is it possible to have the Talk Icon above his head? Some folks dont have audio up and his talking doesnt show up in chat so those players might not understand to talk to him again to teleport back to Oa
    • Like x 1
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I suspected that and noticed that he teleports if you get ahead of him in Oa which I thought was a nice touch. With that in mind, I might suggest removing the pads altogether from the rooftop. At the end of the day most ought to be able to figure it out regardless but having them there is a bit of a disconnect.
  16. NayrTheWise Active Player

Yes, that's what happened. The e-mails I have are "The Whole Spectrum", from Hal, commenting on how now that the Indigo tribe has appeared we have everyone, from 21 days ago, and "A Light in the Dark", which is the new one. I just hadn't been back to a mailbox to collect the tendrils yet. Sorry for the confusion!
  17. NayrTheWise Active Player

A further, fairly important bug... T'Larto drops a T7 loot box when you defeat him. It has 112 gear, sometimes a mark, sometimes a bombshell poster... and it doesn't appear to lock. You can defeat him, get the box, then just leave the instance. If you wait for the instance to reset, he'll be back, and he'll drop another box. I just got a third box from him in a row.

I know there were other comments about loot tables not being accurate, but wasn't sure if this one fell in that same category.
    • Like x 1
  18. NayrTheWise Active Player

I went ahead and completed it. This time Hal was in the room fighting the black lanterns when he should be, and the timing on Munk's clearing the corruption from the lantern seemed better. I did, however, notice that the scratchy "black lantern noise" in the instance doesn't go away after he clears the corruption. It seems like it should.
  19. Star kid14 Active Player

Hey everyone Star Lad aka Star Spangled here to share my experience finally in Corrupted Oa.

* What I liked
    eh.. I'm no fan of missions, so not too much to like lol.
    but I enjoy Black Lantern animations. so +5

* What I hated
    How many lanterns you have to help in metropolis

* Bugs
    Monk shows off his teleporting ability when first fighting Hal Jordan and after wiping he just magically fades in and attacks him.
    • Like x 1
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

You've got me confused here. You loved it, but didn't love it?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.