Test Discussion Episode 16: Oa Under Siege feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Welcome to the official feedback thread for the Oa Under Siege solo mission! Post on here for any questions, bugs, and all other feedback! Enjoy!

The Black Lanterns will beware your power!
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

During the final fight with Hal, is Monk supposed to stay with you the entire time? I wiped and went back and he was gone.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Same thing happened to me. Had to go back to the respawn. He popped up there.

Also, the 116 pieces from Episode 15 are dropping in there. Don't think that's intended.

As far as difficulty, I ran it at CR 126, and the final fight was challenging. Had to go battle healer. Felt about like Spark of Parallax, when it launched. Perfect, IMO.
    • Like x 2
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Really liking this. I like the whole solo operation thing like we had in Amazon Fury Part II. I played at CR129 (same CR as my DPS on the live server) and I didn't come across anything challenging at all.

One thing I did notice though that the majority of the time Munk just stayed in the background doing nothing while I was attacking adds. He would occasionally do that floating yoga pose with an aoe like Indigo-1 does, and a few staff attacks, but other than that he just stayed floating there.
  5. TLantern Developer

I'll take a look at Munk and try to make him engage with you more. Thanks everyone!
    • Like x 2
  6. Star kid14 Active Player

[IMG]

Love the solo, really fun, Video coming soon explaining what I liked and what I could do without bugs and such, but enjoy this lovely screen shot.
    • Like x 2
  7. BigAl Devoted Player

I had 112 pieces dropping as well.
    The final fight was challenging, but after one wipe I saw what I needed to do and finished it without a hitch. The block hole/star that appears only really hurts when Munk and the adds pin you into it. :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, those were easily avoidable. Hal just hits really hard, when you're CR 126. And when another Black Lantern joins the fight, survivability goes down. Even with counters, I was frequently getting interrupted, which isn't good for Celestial combos. ;) Once I went healer in full DPS gear, it was fine. A little more gear, and it'd be fine to DPS.
    • Like x 1
  9. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

For me when I was in the open world and I was supposed to be teleported back to Oa. It only showed me an "X" on the map, but Munk didn't have any icon above his head indicating that it was him you were supposed to interact with, but that did teleport me when I talked to him.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

He does say to talk to him when you're ready but an icon would help, especially for people who play with the sound off.
    • Like x 3
  11. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

I just finshed the solo....it's ok i geuss but what bother me is why am i helping hal? I think I should rather be helping the black laterns, no explaination from caculator either of why should I be helping hal. Maybe some explanation would be good to add in?

[Or maybe I missed the explantion somewhere?]
    • Like x 2
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Agree. Some folks play with sound off, so they won't hear Munk.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, as with many other storylines, the heroes and villains are teaming up to fight a common enemy.
    • Like x 3
  14. Lara Kelly Well-Known Player

That would be fine...but I think maybe it should be made a bit more obvious? Like Spark of Ion or Spark of Parallax where you can see it's an obvious team up....I think it be more fun that way :)
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

I didn't find anything wrong other than the drops (I'll get into that on the rewards thread). It's not really hard, I had to use a soder with 2 bosses, but that's what I get for being Light and anything being able to counter me, besides that there's really nothing wrong with it, it's not as long as a queue solo, but also entertaining enough to feel like a mission.
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

True. I didn't like that there was absolutely nothing to direct you to the mission. It showed up in my journal, but usually new missions are reported to you via your HUD or voiceover. That would be a good addition to introduce you to the story.
    • Like x 4
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

I noticed that in my Combat Log, i was getting hit by Munk's Flowing Corruption. I know the Environment's Flowing Corruption is the spout of Black Energy on the ground but not sure what was going on with Munk.
  18. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Ran the solo a few times, first as 127cr, then as 129. It was challenging at 127, but not difficult up until the last boss. I died at Hal at least 4 or 5 times at 127cr, just trying to learn the mechanics and trying out a couple of strategies. I eventually finished the fight, but it took every turf mod and shield I had, as well as a flex soder, and it was still a near thing. Running it at 129cr went much smoother...very challenging still (got to keep on your toes for lunges, black hole pools, and adds), but manageable. Probably because I'd learned the mechanics by then.

Minor glitches I noticed, a couple that have already been mentioned: (1) No obvious indicator how to get to the mission. If I hadn't learned about the entrance a couple months ago when the Battlezone portal was opened by mistake, I'd never have known where to go. (2) It wasn't clear to me at first that I could help members of the Sinestro Corps in the open world area as well as the GL Corps. (3) Needs an action indicator over Munk when he's ready to teleport you. (4) In the final boss battle with Hal, he flashes a tell when he's about to lunge. On several occasions, I threw up and held a block, but when he lunged, he knocked me down flat. That happened about 50% of the time. Other times, he'd rebound like he's supposed to.
  19. Unida Dedicated Player

112 gear and the reward box had option of between 2x 98 pieces and an item.

is it meant to be 98 in the reward box? or is it just a trash reward
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Patch Notes say to look in your journal and find the "Hal Needs your Help" ;)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.