Dev Discussion Ep43: Dark Knights Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Red Five, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Party on Mr. Wayne, and welcome to the official thread for Episode 43 rewards feedback and bugs. We will be checking in and fixing bugs as often as possible. Thank you for taking the time to help us test our newest episode. You guys rock!

New Rewards
    • New Currency: Death Metal
    • Gear suits based on Death Metal Batman and Death Metal Wonder Woman
    • Adaptive Augments: Anti-Crisis Amplifiers
    • Death Metal Guitar of Omnipotence
    • v43 Generator Mods
    • New feats for style sets, Augments, Generator Mods, and the OP item
    Standard Episode Upkeep Changes
    • Skill point cap raised from 310 to 325
    • Game wide gear dropped from Omnibus maximum item level increased from 290 to 305
    • Added Death Metal D.C. destination to Urgent Warfronts mod and sorted locations alphabetically
    • Origin Augment max rank increased from 312 to 327
    • Unlocked Pristine Mk 17 Exobyte crafting recipe
    • Episode 39 Missions no longer reward Solar Credits
    • Added currency conversion boxes to ProbeTek VendoBot 2000 vendor in 31st Century Metropolis
      • Convert Solar Credits into Source Marks
      • Convert Source Marks into Time Beacons
      • PC Test currency box still grants Solar Credits for testing this
    • Reduced Time Beacon cost of Ep39 Adaptive Augment Catalysts
    • Removed Episode 39 gear from Catwoman Vendor in House of Legends
    • Added Episode 42 Omnipotence items to Catwoman Vendor in House of Legends
    • Tempest Fuginaut Vendor:
      • Removed Episode 38's level 265 "Ruthless" gear
      • Added Episode 39's level 275 "Emerald" gear
    • Added Thrall of Ekron style set to Emerald Empress vendor for Source Marks
    • Added "Cosmic" gear to Omnibus loot tables
    Quality of Life Changes and Bug Fixes
    • Omnibus Reward Box now lets you choose a gear piece, and then grants you the following rewards from the Omnibus episodes:
      • 1 Collection item
      • 1 or more Fortifying items for Augments or Omnipotence items
      • 1 Base item
      • 2 of the following: Compound Omega, Token of Prestige x 100, or Victory Token x 100
      • Chance at a rare style item from the Omnibus boss loot tables
    • Contemporary Tech gear items added to the Omnibus gear drops
    • Fixed many gear items to use a square icon instead of a circle when not equipped in a Trinket slot
    • Reduced the Empyrean Aether costs of Wonderverse Boon Catalysts
    • Doctor Fate vendor now sells the Avatar Bombardier Variant Head Style for 100 Fate Tokens
    • Higher Mk Pristine Exobyte recipes now unlock as the player's CR increases, so you don't have them all at the start
    • Like x 1
  2. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Why increase the amount of SP's by 15? Do you guys realize that less and less people care about accumulating Skill Points? Sometimes I really don't understand your decisions at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Have to agree. Some feats give way too many points in relation than they would've had way back when.
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

Omnibus Reward Box

^^^^ this change is fantastic!!!! If anyone knows poker and dnegs with his "more rake is better" meme. well i can honestly say, "more loot is better" :) this is a great change and i hope ppl are thankful for it.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

God, I'm really getting drained by the generator mods every DLC. Something has to give, because it's so costly to build the .4s and then immediately the trash .0s are better. It's devastating. Is there really no way we can have the system revamped to the fortifying system like origin augments are? I know you are trying to revitalize the RnD system that was introduced since GU8, but honestly, it is a clunky system that is more frustrating that useful. If you want to overhaul the RnD system, that would also work, but as it is, these mods are for one character and one character only. (Would be nice if we can craft to account bound.)

Love the changes to the Omnibus rewards. That way we don't have to choose between advancing our gear or that OP collection.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

The 31st Century loot boxes from the open world still have the unattuned 279 gear and not the Omnibus 305 gear.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Please can you add a description to elite renown on how much renown it grants the player? At the moment it's guesswork unless I consume the renown (which I will do at a later time).
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Gas prices are cheaper than this vendor person! Why such the ridiculously high prices?!?!?!?!?! If they don’t come down half way, I just ain’t playing this easy recycled content.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

The other day we queued for Omnibus in my league and we got Convergence of unmaking regular, we noticed that it's still dropping 280 gear instead of the omnibus one. I don't know if this has been mentioned before.

Thank you.
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Full gear cost is 780 marks.
    Or 815 if you also buy a trinket.
    Kinda makes it ~55marks/gear item if averaged.

After weekly reset I can get 40 marks. Yay. (Reg content)

And if you play 1 day a week… 780/40 = 20 weeks or 5 months just for a full set of gear!!

Everything (give or take) basically went up by 150% compared to the standard costs.
    Chest is 60, not 90
    Back is 40, not 60
    Hands is 30, not 45
    To name a few

This is quite ridiculous. Did someone leave a multiplier running and thought it was correct? There is no way I’m spending that much for something that is just ‘+2’ higher than purple gear. This is a major turnoff. I definitely don’t even want to log in knowing how inflated this dlc is. Smh
    • Like x 1
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Are you counting the 9 extra marks from the 5 mission?
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Do those even grant marks?
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yes 3 per
  14. Salurian12 New Player

I also find the costs increasing. Death metal guitar is 25 and the needed cat, which you need to buy at the vendor is 40 death metal each. It's 10 days dailie missions for one cat alone. In past episode gause fields were 35 marks. So increase of 5 marks there. Thats roughly 14% increase. I know inflation is running, but 14%?
  15. sebfm Well-Known Player

Just wanted to ask if it's on purpose that the Bat Metal chest has weird clipping with the skin which makes skin appear a lot where the chest has the neck part. BTW, other than this "little" skin issue, the skin is awesome :)
  16. IonHero Committed Player

Kinda disappointed that the King Robin Ring, isn't an OP/Omni/"All Roles" ring, like the other movement altering rings.
    (To Clarify, King Robin Ring box has you choose the role of the ring that comes out,

Legion Flight and Speed Force rings have
    the Defense, Health & Dominance from a Tank ring of that Item Level,
    the Vitalization & Dominance from a Controller ring,
    the Reforestation from a Healer ring,
    and the Might and Precision of a Damage ring)
    • Like x 3
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Style feedback:

The styles we got this episode are insanely good.
    Both the Bat Metal and the Amazon Metal styles are exceptionally detailed.

We usually get styles of that quality only in time capsules recently. Very impressed.
    • Like x 4
  18. Godkingzero New Player

Has anyone else experienced this issue in episode 43 the creation energy catalyst for the adaptive augments is not dropping in any loot box not for weekly daily or 2 player 4 player or 8 player anyone else have that happen?
    • Like x 1
  19. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Devs. Any comment on the high inflation of vendor prices?
    • Like x 1
  20. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I'd like an answer to this as well. Everyone in my league has been complaining about it. The elite chest, for example, is 110 marks. I went back to the last few episodes - in LOD it was 85, and in Flashpoint 55. Why is everything so pricey?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.