EP 38 sodas

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Stanktonia, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So no ones going to mention how problematic these new sodas will be for the new content, especially the variant that gives you 100% super?
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

If anyone else wondering here all the soda:S
    [IMG]
    In regards to your question once you use the soda it goes away and it only works out of combat and i dont see it as a problem :)
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The hippolyta Ambrosia is gonna be awesome to have in case of teleport crashes.
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Depends on the content difficulty, really.

Since you only can use it Wonderverse-content, the only instance this is gonna be even remotely relevant (if at all) is the raid.

Now, the normal version rn is so incredibly easy that I actually couldn't care less, if the whole group went in there without anyone using a Supercharge.

That basically leaves the elite raid (when it is published) where we can look at the SC consumable. The reasons, why I don't think this will have a huge impact are the following:

- You can only use it out of combat. If you're a decent player, you won't use your SCs on petty add groups anyways, so you usually should have full (or almost full) SC at the beginning of each encounter.
    - Rn, there are already ways for almost infinit SCs with Eye of Gemini and 25% SCs from Healers. Not the best use, for sure, but yeah, it hasn't made any impact so far, has it?
    - If you manage to activate the consumable post cutscene or after you get rallied, it is nice, yes. Having basically two more SCs per combat-phase is neat. If this actually poses a threat to actual challenging gameplay, I'm certain the devs could keep you infight for a whole cutscene as an easy fix. If you count on extra SC after a k.o. in an elite fight, you're doing something wrong ^^ Best case will be no deaths at all and hence you won't be able to utilize the two seconds out of combat after a rally.

- Yes, there probably will be players who can utilize it very well but in the end, the amount of players that will complete elite only because of these consumables will be small in my eyes. Most players simply will either succeed anyways or fail anyways depending on how good they are and how well they play together.

The rest is not problematic at all:

-Athena: We had breakout-consumables before (deluge, never really was problematic)
    - Aphrodite: extra Soder....why is this problematic? If you take two spikes that require a soder in fast succession, there's something else wrong there ^^
    - Hera: Sounds like a mini buff like the Halloween Consumables, but all in one. Still, only a portion is relevant to a single role anyways.

Now, there are just my opinions but since you said you find them (plural) problematic, maybe you can elaborate a bit more?
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

There’s nothing more to elaborate on really. People are already complaining about how easy elite is, and being able to increase the consistency of supercharges will make the leniency that’s being complained about even stronger. You’re basically getting unlimited supercharges, and that I’m itself is going to make the content easier
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You mean, you can start each encounter with a full supercharge bar, right? Because "getting unlimited supercharges" generalizes the fact and makes it wrong o_O
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Since we’re playing semantics, I guess I’ll reissue my statement. So you’ll essentially have unlimited supercharges especially with Gemini, soul cloak, and generators in play.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

So like you do now? ^^ I mean I see where you're coming from and I see the issue. I'm just looking at it from somewhere else.

If I'm hungry, it doesn't matter to me if I get two rice corns or three. It's still not enough. If I'm hungry for actually challenging content, I'm not mad that they "made it easier". I'm still hungry for challenging content.
    The problem is the washed down kind of elite content we seem to get every now and then. PW wasn't elite and it was too hard for too many (or let's say, it couldn't be steamrolled by everyone, that seems more appropriate). The outrage about some actually good content like DWFe was huge because people struggled with basic movement.

If we would get a 100% out-of-combat-sc-generator ppl would still fail hard in CTe because they can't stand still, watch out for one out of two colours or do a little dance like two steps left, wait a second, two steps forward, two steps right, two steps back (basically).

I have no issue with any of the consumables. The only thing that really changes is that groups struggling and thinking it might because they need their SC now don't have to go outside of an instance to generate SC or to ask healers to bring EoG. They can just quickly refill their SC before every fight. That's it. Good groups will beat content anyways with or without more SC. If they think content is too easy (now) it's not because of the consumables. The content would probably easy without them.

On another note: I'm nature might dps. Without SC regeneration it is difficult (but not impossible) to maintain Wolf forms throughout multiple add groups (that are spread out) and still have at least one Gorilla SC for boss fights while building up for another.
    If something goes wrong and there was a wipe, I sometimes would simply spam Voracious Plants and Serpent's Call to get a new SC again. If mind controlled your toon would exit form or re-enter it on it's own. It's annoying. I can cope, sure, but the fun of nature to me is somewhat diminished by losing SC for reasons you can't control. So from that point of view - neat consumable. Not essential, not game breaking at all. But these are just my two cents.

I somewhat fail to paint a picture where these (since you spoke about "them" and not just one) are just out of control and too strong for anything. :)