1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yes, this is another nerf thread, eog is undoubtedly underperforming when paired with 25% superchargers, and makes raids noticeably easier when used, especially with a second healer. Eog’s meta has evolved to the point that 25 percenters are being ran, fueling the munitions needed for dps to nuke everything in sight, its troubling. Players will literally kick you now if you aren’t running eog, and it just furthers the headache that this meta has created, so something needs to be done. Making it so eog can’t be proced by 25 percenters would suffice, but there might be a need for compensation since everyone has leveled eog chasing this seemingly mandated meta, so offering xp as reparations would be a must
  2. |The 3rror Committed Player

EOG have nothing to do with the raid being easier sorry to tell you i done raid with and without EOG was able to finish them but from what you are saying the raids that are so simple and easy are very difficult for you without EOG? i think that’s a personal problem
    • Like x 2
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Don't see the need for reparations when the meta was self-inflicted by the community, or at the very minimum by the 1%'rs who created the meta for their COUE speed runs where the rest of the community followed suit.

The Devs didn't force that meta, the players did.

I am starting to see more and more of these types of posts after the aforementioned groups have obtained their COUE speed feat. So, now that they have abused the meta to get their feat, it is time to gate keep it.
    • Like x 2
  4. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

LOL it never ends huh? Nerf everything that eventually becomes meta? Players will still continue to kick others that don't follow whatever future tactic becomes Meta.
    Guess kicking should be looked at too?
    • Like x 2
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

My main is a healer and I have the EOG as well as other 200 amazing arts and it's powerful but I have many times completed many raids without it and Lol I actually don't run it often . I prefer my unique style of orb.page and PHR but you definitely don't need EOG to be great pftt lol .
    • Like x 2
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm the same way. If I'm solo healing an elite and we want to go for no deaths, then I'm page/phr/orb. If we don't care, then I'll tac swap phr and eog but that takes a decent heal out of my loadout. If we're running with 2 heals, then we both go eog and that is probably no tac swapping cuz at that point, I can be lazy. Not a huge fan of tac swapping so only do it to comp/ burn feat/ or maybe just the start of some fights and use armory swap instead lol.

As for nerfing it, it does exactly what it is supposed to do and has been for years. Set it up for 5k and I no longer want it at all as I hate my 5k supers for healing. So refund or straight trade for something else that I'd probably not really want either? Meh, leave it alone. Lord knows it will just be replaced by the next meta
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Next they will want something that prevents me from artifacts swapping.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry, but EoG and the powers that go with it have been nerf'd more than any other artifact.
    • Like x 1
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It’s op, man. I don’t care what you’re saying. I have a 200 eog, and I can see the difference between when I’m wearing it, and when I’m not
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s not the case, there’s plenty of other things that found themselves within the tiers of “meta”, yet they aren’t being shackled to nerf threads, and of course, It’s because they aren’t op, unlike the art in question
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I know raids can be completed without it, but eog just makes said raids easier, and it’s noticeable
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

But that's the exact point of any artifact. They all make things noticeably easier, especially once fully leveled. We don't need a 200 anything to beat content but we are rewarded for getting them that high. Eog is even one of those "not the best choices" when under 200. Plus it's pretty much relegated to a tac swap artifact already since it does absolutely nothing while not using a super. Then it does something for 6secs. How about a 5k trigger and 12 of greenies?
    • Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

EOG is making things easier because people are finally talking to each other before it is being activated. This way multiple EOGs can overlap and be used at the same time. This type of communication is actually a good thing.
    • Like x 4
  14. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I don’t think the artifact itself is necessarily the issue, however the toxicity from people who auto kick or harass people that choose not to use it gets tiresome and in my experience it happens often. I think the OP has a point in that regard.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Aside from lfg shouts like "need eog healer coue", I've never come across this and run without an eog healer in pug groups 99% of the time. But I also see "need buff troll coue" and then only see power trolls in 99% of pug groups.

So if eog is in question, why not the buff troll artifacts that do far more overall than eog since the buffs are the duration and eog accounts for like 30secs of actual use in a raid? Players will always shout for metas in lfg. In pug groups, players are generally just happy getting a player that can do their role decently.

This is an artifact that is working as intended and literally works. We have artifacts and other things not working. Those are far more important on the list of "things to do" and like almost every time something is adjusted, something new and bad pops up. This isn't worth risking making players angry, having to issue refunds or exchanges, or risking breaking something else. Imo of course. But yeah, if it's a balance thing, why pick on eog when there are plenty of other things that are far more powerful like amulet/ tetra combo or the "unstoppable" trans strat solar setup.

It's an artifact that works great on any role if a team works together so taking away greenies means taking away orange circles too and that will affect plenty of individual players vs the whole group.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Not sure if you missed the part where I said “I don’t think the artifact is necessarily the issue” but I never said anything about nerfing the artifact. I said the OP has a point about the toxicity of the players, just because your experience doesn’t align with that doesn’t mean others experience doesn’t. Which is also why I specified “my experience” in my comment. I don’t disagree with your point that other things should take a higher priority, I’m just pointing out that the negativity many healers receive when choosing not to run the artifact is tiresome.

Edit: I’m not trying to come off as condescending, but re-reading that it might seem so. I just wanted to open a line of discussion in what I viewed as an issue. I’m usually always the last person to push nerfs. I’d much rather see other things brought up to par to give competitive options than see money or time wasted by something being nerfed to uselessness.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Greens circles are constant, they’re nearly out 100% of the time, because of the 30 sec cooldowns that some of the 25 percenters have, so no, it’s not designated as a tac swapping art since the greens are constantly being proced, also some people are 3 supers, extending the length that greens stay out
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Buff trolls aren’t doing more dmg than constant eog procs
    Amulet and tetra isn’t stronger than constant eog procs
    solar amp, strat, and tetra, isn’t stronger than constant eog procs, heck people, have been choosing other options over solar, and strat is slowly starting to get that same treatment
  19. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

The scrap of soul cloak at rank 200 should be nerfed to hell 5,000 SCS and 2500 can be used to often and make any raid duo and alerts and solos faster the page of destiny at rank 200 can make anyone practically invincible . Every Damn artifact should be nerfed the starting one's should be enhanced greatly and biggly .
    • Like x 1
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No worries and I get it but stopping one meta just creates another. And in the case of supercharge building, if eog goes away then scrap and quislet probably take over so now dps's have to buy more artifacts. Not sure anyone on here has ran scrap/eog/quislet on a battle tank build but my lord. Your tank will be your top overall damage with ease.

And I'm not saying what can or can't do more damage but all of them combined are what's making damage so thru the roof. And all this is still going to depend on group. We can do a tank and 2 heals running constant eogs or we can have a group with only 1 healer using it. That's not broken so any changes affect that group composition a lot more than the 1st scenario. If we're discussing orange circles, that's just the artifact working as intended so nothing to do about that.
    • Like x 1