EOG is getting changed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Tolly Committed Player

No one is forcing you to spend money to build artifacts or anything else and you should know that in an MMO game everything is subject to change, whether it is change for the better or for the worse. People have been crying as you say and about this artifact, they were right to do so, because when they ended up claiming it almost by obligation, even for normal instances, it was high time to act on this far too powerful artifact.
    • Like x 4
  2. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Well, it was good while it lasted boys and girls!

Before the nerf:

[IMG]

After the nerf:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I'm gonna post my suggestion again in the Testing Feedback thread - I'm suggesting a 50% nerf vs the 75% nuclear warhead scorched earth nerf that Ranmaru is proposing.
    • Like x 1
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

They might as well have removed it altogether. When a healer/tank pops a 2500 SC, you will refill someone's SC bar by 3% total with the EOG green circle. You would have to do this 33 times to fully fill a team member's SC bar. It took 8 times before (and was stackable). This artifact is a complete and utter joke now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This reminds me of when Game Update 116 became a reality. That too was a day of great wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is the point of eog to fully refill your bar or just give you some sc you don’t have to build on your own…
    • Like x 1
  6. Pr0tojay Committed Player

I don't mind EOG being nerfed. However, what I do mind is nerfing this artifact 2 weeks after a x2 arts week. They definitely knew the majority of the community would be maxing out EOG, they were 100% aware. Yet they specifically waited until AFTER x2 arts week to make extra money. It just seems like a blatant money grab for them.
    • Like x 3
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Well, with this nerf, it doesn't really do either of those things effectively. 3% is a total joke.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And as people have said … this wasn’t a secret, the devs yes didn’t mention anything but this was being discussed constantly in game in almost every channel in all open world about chats people discussed it during instance runs. A lot of people knew something was happening to eog. It had several posts taken down on this forum… if you’ve been around the game the last 2-3 months you definitely heard these rumors. So unless they were living under a rock they should have known better than to pump real money or their built up nth metal into
    It.

With all that said I’d someone has it at 200 and hates it they will eventually have another 2x week it’s inevitable and they can’t get rid of it then.

Lastly have the ones crying about. It being nerfed even tested it on test ?

I personally never used it nor did I feel Pressure to use it. Just wasn’t something I wanted to use.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

3% Is not a joke you are just used to getting ridicilous amount of free SC while standing on a green circle and think thats how the game should function, get used to playing the game properly without getting almost infinite SC. Also the 100% SC recieved a big buff so no they did clearly not kill the artifact.
    • Like x 3
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I didn’t say it was currently balanced and I gave the way to make it balanced. But again no one cares about true balance. The people crying for the nerfs and praising making it useless don’t want balance. I’m in support of a balance nerf aka remove the EoG explosion damage stacking but keep the rest. As it stands rn they took it and nerfed it supercharge regen so much it’s pointless for a healer to use it and then nerfed the damage potential of multiple people using it so realistically only 1 person should run the art at most. The level of nerf that occurred is too much but the whiners that have been complaining about an art that has been the same for 5 some years won’t let up on making it balanced. They want to never see it used again.
    • Like x 2
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yup, agreed. This is not a nerf to the artifact - this is them completely dumpstering it.
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

3% isn’t terrible … I only use the 5% back mod for my head and no eog and my sc is ready fast

Plus there is the chest mod that gives you 5% …

If you combine all three that’s quite a bit of sc built up, if you want to focus on sc generation.
    • Like x 3
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I do not own this artifact. I'm a DPS & didn't need it. I was, however informed by a league mate at the beginning of the 2x Week the Eye of Gemini was going to be nerfed and not to get it.

I am also aware that the vast population of DCUO most likely could care less about the Forum or the information that is posted here. That being said the curtsy of a disclaimer should have been displayed at login about plans to diminish this artifact. It would have been the proper thing to do. Being fully informed, players could then take the responsibility to either invest in leveling it up with this knowledge in the back of their minds or pursue a different artifact.
    • Like x 9
  14. Pr0tojay Committed Player

So, according to you, I should have listened to rumors from randoms on LFG who rant all day about nonsense? Listen to what you're saying. That is not sound advice. Of course I've seen the rumors. I came back to the game like 7 months ago and they've been ranting to nerf it since then. What I didn't see is any posts anywhere on the forums about it being nerfed.

So yes, this is still clearly a blatant money grab.
    • Like x 4
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I will agree they could have avoided people crying about this if they were just open about it before the 2x week that’s an L for digital inc and who ever was the decision maker in that case
    • Like x 2
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I mean I purposely didn’t put anything into eog for my tank build knowing the potential nerf… next time if you or anyone who wasted their nth metal on this, have knowledge of a rumor that isn’t just a simple rumor but devs are actively deleting posts even talking about it when they don’t usually delete rumor posts. They should use better judgment on where to invest their money or xp.
  17. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yup they have the code for certain effects to not stack (supercharge regen never stacked) and they have damage that doesn’t add into explosion damage (orbitals). Now they would just have to design the 20% dmg explosion to deal dmg classified like an orbital. That way it doesn’t exponentially increase by stacking but multiple people can still run it on top of one another and it’s worth it to be inside of them. Maybe some minor changes to damage and I like the idea of supercharge amounts giving various level of buffs etc to make 100% supercharges worth it.

My only hope in this situation is that the devs know that they severely hindered the usefulness on purpose so they can get better ideas on how to properly balance it, but I’ve honestly lost hope atm. It’s difficult with test server as not many people have access to it in terms of PC and then many don’t care to get on test when they won’t be able to keep progress etc. Grinding and testing on test makes the grind all over again on live server boring. So we’ll see if anything at all changes but I currently doubt it.
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Honestly, it was a handicap artifact. Now y’all gotta figure out an actual loadout to use that isn’t all supercharges. Wish y’all luck.
    • Like x 3
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Lmaoo so true
    • Like x 2
  20. Pr0tojay Committed Player

So now your second piece of advice is to basically check the forums 24/7 to see if the mods delete a rumor post. Wow, just wow. I have been using the forums often, but I have never, ever noticed a post removed. To be aware of that I'd literally have to check the forums 24/7. That is not going to happen.
    • Like x 5