EOG is getting changed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Apr 5, 2023.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Well that’s in them. Take some accountability for your own actions. Did the devs force you to do any of that? Or did you do all of that because of your delusional beliefs that the scoreboard commands all?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No because they do that everyday not just during sales. They've been cashing in on Eye of Gemini alone for the past 5 years.
    • Like x 1
  3. ¬Eternal Active Player

Of course it would replay badges will take over once again, it would solve the queuing issue for older content.. Majority of the people moaning have used cr skips completely ignoring the old elite raids an the mechanics that go with them even with an overpowered artifact for the past 5 years.
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Yes i have and when they nerf it im gona quit this game and they gona have exactly what they ask for quite fair isnt it .
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Artifacts leave more money.
  6. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

I love yours arguments its helps a lot . People listen to what this guy said dont waste yours money on this "pixels" and "delusional beliefs" no one is forcing you how deep is that :) now its my fault they nerfing EOG .
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The dev in charge of artifacts publicly stated last year that Eye of Gemini was coming up soon on the list of things to do. You lot (not you specifically) moaned and groaned for a bonus XP week for months. Then a post pops up on reddit that no one person could prove was authentic either way gets 'leaked'. There's big chatter. Mepps says none of the changes to EOG have been finalized. That means no changes have been finalized, meaning it isn't finished, meaning there could be more changes or it could scrapped. You lot get your bonus XP week. People have questions about EOG getting changed even though a dev publicly stated last year that EOG would be seeing changes soon... They finalize the changes to EOG and publish them the following week. You lot lose your minds. "GREEDY DEVS!" "CASH GRAB!" "TORCHES!" "PITCHFORKS!" "THEY TRICKED US!"

Congratulations DCUO community you played yourselves. GG.

Now imagine if some ****** leaked a post on reddit showing a new Blue Lantern powerset. Mepps says no new powerset has been finalized. Respec tokens go on sale the following week. Everyone buys a power respec token. The next week they publish a new Gas powerset. Yep an entire powerset inspired by super farts. Now who's fault is that?

And oh I do in fact never doubted you had common sense, that was never in question. The question how can you be so sure about the timeframe? Was it just a guess? Was it inside information?
    • Like x 4
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

You’re right how other people spend their money is their business … so keep it your business then.

If you feel inclined to publicly piss and moan about how you spent your money, knowing full well the repercussions of what might come by the way you spent your money, then be prepared for criticism.

The nerfing of an over performing artifact has happened before … it’s not a secret and was a big deal. Anyone who got burned a second time … that’s on them… anyone who knew of how it happened before… only have them selves to blame for spending their money.

The people who were totally caught off guard by this and had no idea (which I’m betting is few and far between) life lesson.

As far as 2500 supers there aren’t that many out there so I guess I’ll go look to
    See what they were.

But really it should have never worked the way it did that’s on the devs… it should
    Have always been tiered being the more sc built up the greater the reward that just makes more sense.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think Mepps speaks on what ever is scribbled down on the piece of paper in front of him. He's not standing directly behind the people that are rebalancing artifacts. That would be super creepy. So if we ask "Is EOG done?" and he asks them "Is EOG done?" and they tell him "EOG not done" then for all he knows EOG not done and that's what gets relayed to us. The burdens of being a middle man in a sad sad sandwich of lies.
  10. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

And you’re truly of the mindset, that the average player (who doesn’t live on the forums, or DC’s twitter, Reddit, FB, and wherever else. Knew anything at all about a dev not publicly stating in-game (see! It’s all about IN THE GAME!!!) that there were upcoming changes to to an artifact, from a year ago? You honestly believe ppl follow that closely? If you belive that the timing on this cash grab was merely coincidental - why couldn’t they have put up a MOTD for the bonus week. I wrote a scenario type message a few pages back. Why couldn’t that have happened? Why are customers not updated anymore on things that directly effect the game, and their wallets?

Why don’t you put a thread up asking how many people were aware that the afformentioned dev spoke about EOG being looked at a year ago. And not just look to see how many reply! But look to see who replies. How many unfamiliar names reply. Obviously you’ll get the sycophants who never log off the forums jumping to the defence of the devs. But watch how many average players reply.
    Then go ask in-game the same questions, and you’ll be laughed out of the place and told where to go.

No! There was no coincidental timing here. Everyone can see that! They dare not speak their mind though! Through fear of “questioning moderation” is that it? I got warned about it a few days ago. Imagine! In a country like the U.S. (where freedom of speech is so highly valued) c en soring for speaking about a grievance. Imagine even having to break up a word so it shows. Lol! Jesus Christ!
    • Like x 3
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Further proving your delusions.

Did I say it was your fault for EoG getting nerfed? What IS on you is your actions. If you choose to switch your movement mode to chase the scoreboard then that’s on you. If you level EoG on all toons to chase the scorecard then that’s on you. If you spend money on things that are subject to change then guess what.. it’s in there right to do so. Your delusional entitlement has no priority over the balance needs of the game in its entirety.
    • Like x 4
  12. The_fair_1 Committed Player

The issue with this entire nerf is that I’m pretty sure like everyone both high and low agreed that EoG was over performing due to other arts and changes in game. The developers had stated they were looking into balancing etc. so at this point some change will happen but it was pretty much seen as if a change happened it would be balanced. I had seen a “leaked screenshot” of the nerf post made in testing changes. Seeing how monstrously they were nerfing it (in the screenshot) I believed it was false because it would make the art effectively useless and I still had some form of faith in the developers. The post goes live like 3 weeks or so later and it’s all true. The issue isn’t that they’re nerfing the artifact, the issue is just how much they’re nerfing it by. The level of nerf makes me question if it was designed as another money grab by dropping the 2x week prior. Cause even if an art is bad you can normally still find use of it in some way shape or form for decent play. But as of this point the alterations are still too massive and effectively neuter an artifact people paid for or grinded hard in game for.

Mepps mentioning some form of compensation is good, but that also goes to show me that the developers know just how hard they’re stomping EoG into the ground. Also For those that need to hear this, it is a community manager’s job to not only communicate with the community but also take the flak that would normally be directed at those making changes or decisions. If something was mistimed it’s good to let it be known and show frustration (2x right before art changes etc) but there’s no need to direct hostility towards those informing us, the literal saying “don’t shoot the messenger”.
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think a lot of these complaints are from delusional players who believe their wants are more important than balance.

Look at it this way. If EoG was introduced in the form that it will be changed to would people get the art? Answer is yes. The people complaining believe that they should be able to either keep the EoG are near full strength or might away remove it’s sc component. Those are absolutes and that is now how this artifact will be working. This art will still give the group SC. So healers will still be able to feed dps. This is the only way for this to happen. So players will still want EoG healers for raid runs because it is still a buff to sc regen.

So if it was released as it is on test server players would still be leveling it.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No I don't believe people follow that closely and quite frankly I don't care. There could be a giant neon sign in-game that says "DO NOT GET EYE OF GEMINI BECAUSE WE ARE NERFING IT" and some players would just ignore it like they ignore everything else in-game that involves any level of reading comprehension. Do you know how many people read the MOTD? Less than the number of people that come to the forums. You all for sure didn't read the TOS when you first started playing. It says they reserve the right to change what ever they want, when ever they want, how ever they want and if you want to play their game then you have to agree to their terms. You accepted those terms. If you're unsatisfied with the product then stop paying for it. It's so simple.
    • Like x 5
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I find it odd how these folks who were so blindsided, duped, because they don’t keep up with the forums Twitter and in game chatter… some how all figured out how op eog was and flocked to it …. How would they really know unless they were … paying attention to the forums … Twitter… and paying attention to in game chatter
    • Like x 4
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They were going to compensate everyone anyway. The compensation package has zero to do with announcing artifact changes after a bonus XP week. We have already done this song and dance before with Venom Wrist Dispenser.

I let my sub lapse April last year. Their subscription model holds no value for me anymore.
    • Like x 4
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're not actually mad because they feel like they've been duped or blindsided. They're mad because they can't spam supercharges back to back to back to back anymore and just pretending to be victimized.
    • Like x 3
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oh I know why … I just find the the arguments humorous that they had not even a smidge of info to know this was gonna get looked at cause there was no info… yet some how they knew how good this art was.

Maybe if they put the effort into giving the devs actual feed back from the test server … they might even get a .5 increase on the 2500 and 5000 super charge costs.. meet them half way.

But no that want it to work as broken as it was before
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

You arnt gonna quit.
    • Like x 1
  20. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Lol! Of course that’s why people are angry. The sole purpose was to give regen and stack dmg. People (MANY) people, built entire toons (maxed) around this type of play style.
    They had 5+ years to address this. And chose to milk it! Now all of a sudden (after said 5+ years) it’s suddenly too out of control? Lol!
    People don’t pretend to be victimised in matters like these. They feel actually victimised. Like something has been stolen from them. I.e. paying for an art A WEEK AGO! (Let’s just say from scratch) only for it to be nerfed. There’s no pretence there. That’s a real feeling of being stolen on.

Those who’ve built a play style around it, they’ve had that removed! (Or… will) and thusly… have a genuine reason to feel like they’ve been unfairly treated. No pretence!

I don’t get you! You don’t seem (by the sounds of it) that you contribute much (if anything) towards the game. Yet… day after day for years, here you are. Thrusting yourself into another topic that most likely doesn’t even remotely concern you. Do you even play the game anymore?
    • Like x 2