EOG is getting changed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Apr 5, 2023.

1. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

It's a 50% reduction in XP...but the XP is not linear lol, it's exponential, when it comes to leveling an artifact. That's why it costs 39,920 XP to go from 0 to 80, and 1,000,000 XP to go from 160 to 200.
    • Like x 2
  2. Pr0tojay Committed Player

You completely ignored what I said about all the new players under 300 skill points needing it too. Again, it doesn't matter about how many people were using and abusing it or the art being nerfed in the first place. That is not the main point here. The point is doing it specifically after x2 arts which makes it a blatant money grab.

I just searched right now on Youtube and there is literally just ONE video from 2 weeks saying it might be nerfed. I'm sure had it less than 800 views that week, so I should have listened to a vid with less than 800 views? Lol come on man.

All we had to go by was pure gossip and nothing else. The average player is not going to be award of threads being deleted on the forums. Why is this so hard to understand? People on this thread seem to believe that it's normal to be aware of deleted threads. Here's a shocker : It's actually way more common to NOT be aware of them.
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Ok Thank you for the explanation. I was under the wrong impression this whole time lol
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it's a 2x week, like we just had, you'd go from 0-200, but yes...need the cats and seals. On average you'll probably burn 10 or so SOP and 3 SOC, so like 20 bucks of seals. An unstable SOC (USOC) is a Seal of Completion that will expire in a week. We've gotten them in the past, generally when they want to encourage people to level something up to take advantage of the seal. But it would basically translate to $5 off the $20 you'd be spending on seals.

I'm not saying it would be 100% no loss....but if people really did just go out and 0-200 their EOG and as of the change would want something else, a 2x would allow for that change with no Nth cost at least. It's not perfect, but it would be something to rectify things.
    • Like x 1
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes, 50% of XP. Rank 100 art does not require half of the XP of rank 200, only 5%. Nor does it have half of the benefits of rank 200. Dividing ranks by half would be ridiculous.
    • Like x 3
  6. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Congratulations superstar with all your max eogs. But according to you, I should max dps before support roles? What in the world? Lol.

First thing you do is max your support, especially if you're a tank. People seem to always need a tank. I am ice. Ice has a nice eog loadout as a tank. Youtube it since you don't seem to be aware of it. I had mystic and manacles at 160 and I maxed those out. I chose to also max out EOG from 20 to 200. I had to spend 700 mil on nth metal cache and $30 to get my dps arts to 160. I would not have needed to do that if I definitively knew eog was being nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

lol bad players want EOG useless? Come again, the bad players needed EOG to make themselves appear better than they are.
    • Like x 6
  8. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Ok in that case, yes this would help.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No...not ignoring that fact, just again. It's this whole 'perfect storm' you've concocted. It's totally believable that there are new players who are just now deciding to level some artis. And it's 100% likely they are working on a Trans, Strat, Solar, Quizlet...OR EOG...

And as far as the video thing goes, I guess I was referring to Obsidian Chill's last video on 'what artifacts to level' where he talked about EOG being questionable due to possible changes coming. No details in the changes, but it was pretty obvious he was avoiding recommending EOG for 'reasons'. And yeah...many people DO look up his videos when deciding on things like this. I mean not in YOUR example. Those people just jump in...grab their CC and buy EOG. But some other people...yep...they might have.
    • Like x 2
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Don't you know? Bad DPS with an EOG standing next to 5 good DPS and an EOG healer = good DPS. :)

I'm not surprised many people are upset. They leveled 1 OP artifact and though they were "the sh*t". Now "the" is being removed... :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

EOG needed a change, it isolated the healers who didn't use EOG from content. I've seen groups in lfg need EOG healer for xyz content.

I'm just curious how many players in this thread actually plays a healer? If you do how many healers feel they need EOG to complete content? Content was being completed for years without any artifacts. Even when artifacts were made, content was being completed before EOG artifact.

So what is the real issue here?
    • Like x 5
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

No. EoG has been out for years. There might be a very small number that leveled that artifact during this bonus week.
    Why would they wait until bonus week in the first place if they didn't think they bonus week was coming, because they didn't think they were entitled? Oh geez, they did wait until the entitlement week. Their stupid mistake.

Every business out there has some shady practices. Does it suck that the change happened after a 2x, sure. That sucks, but the developers are not required to tell you what they are working on. I bet that, right this very moment, they are working on something, that someone is going to complain about!

I'm personally glad the artifact is taking a hit. I honestly wish the hit was much worse, because too many DPS rely on this artifact to be even semi-competent (by getting extra damage from people they drop under).

I usually avoid the circles people drop now, so when I demolish them in damage, they don't think they actually did good. Learning a power and learning it's mechanics is something that needs to be brought back. Not these cookies cutter loadouts that rely on circles.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

When VVD got nerfed and people got compensation in the form of a free lvl artifact up to level 200...know what happened? right .... everyone fed the vvd into any other artifact ... and they stopped using the artifact even in niche builds ... if they would say about the nerf EoG, before double xp ... that would also happen with EoG ... and so there is a chance that waiting for the next double xp people will be able to find a niche for EoG...
  14. Dene Devoted Player

it has everything to do with it - the art was created ages ago, has evolved to a point where it needed to be fixed and now has been. Just like so much in the game.

noone in this thread, that i saw in all of the pages, said they got it just last week and are angry - this thread is just back and forth of people discussing it

I don't think i'd choose death over admitting the Devs were wrong in doing something - I've said they were wrong in many instances, just because I do not constantly hate on them 24/7 like others on these forums does not mean I am loving them 24/7 either.

It is not black and white - this isn't all or nothing - with this issue. Of course they need to make money, I just do not believe they purposefully planned it like this to make a few dollars and then anger ppl like you. Opinions are not excuses, they are literally just opinions.. if you genuinely feel wronged then put in a ticket, or write to them directly.
    • Like x 4
  15. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I’m a heal main and been a heal main since I started the game. EoG isn’t required to complete content it’s just something that makes healing actually have some form of challenge. As you said they made content pre arts so those of us who soloed pre arts have the skill to complete it. “Full healing” is incredibly boring as there’s nothing to really do. EoG gave us something to do that was majorly beneficial to the group and since it restricted access to abilities you had to be careful on your Loadout.
    • Like x 2
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Exactly Thats the point. Actual players that are skilled have become less valued because everyone can be good with EoG.
    • Like x 2
  17. The_fair_1 Committed Player

I mean sure some used EoG to appear better but true skill vs no skill you could see the difference no matter EoG or not lol
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And when the game shuts down then what are you going to do? You lose either way. Get over it.
    • Like x 1
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Kind of a weird way to look at life. If the world ends, you'd lose your house, car, etc, as well. This game could go another 10 years for all we know. Just because something will eventually end doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned with it in the here and now.
    • Like x 5
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Kind of weird to complain about something you don't own or have any control over. I'm waiting for someone to produce the gun that was aimed at their head that forced them to rank up pixels on a screen. First-world problems, am I right? Yeah I get it people are upset they can't spam supercharges anymore ok it could be a lot worse. The sky is not falling. The world is not ending. No one killed your dog. So let's hurry this boo hoo woe is me bs up so we can prepare for the next personal crisis.
    • Like x 4