EOG Healer Questions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

I'm planning on putting together a proper EoG build on my healer, but I have a few questions:

1. How many supercharges do EoG healers run? 2 or 3? Or does it depend (and on what)?

2. What levels should my artifacts be at to accept EoG invitations? My napkin math tells me 160 for EoG (for the 6 seconds) and 120 for Scrap (since 160 has diminishing returns and 200 is largely replaceable by a mod).

3. Is Scrap strictly necessary? I'd love to run PHR and PoD if I can.
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It’s just better to run without that artifact, imho. Purple is a must, page is awesome, and omegahedron is also quite useful. Spec in some power, equip cyborg, and you’ll be emperor palpatine with unlimited power. No worrying about sc’s or eog’s or standing next to people with a deadly pbaoe on them or what sc’s to use, if they will use eog to help you out, crashing and now ya got no sc, just saying, less headache.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You might want to hold off on EoG. Rumor is it's getting some changes soon.
    • Like x 3
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Also (to answer your 2nd question), the people calling out for EoG healers in LFG usually specify that they want EoG at 200.
    • Like x 1
  5. Joybird Committed Player

Really? Not that I doubt you, but I'm surprised. Isn't the only effect of 200 that I give myself 5% more resto, dom and health? I'm surprised that a group would care.
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

and they are generally players that want to be carried that request it or anything really.. If you need someone else to have or do something outside of a role to succeed you probably need to fail at that thing because your not were you need to be.

edit: not talking about you who I quoted just a general statement about those types of players
    • Like x 2
  7. Cingular New Player

Normally most eog healers run 3 supercharges, but you can run 2 also if you need like a shield or another heal. Having EoG at ran 160 is fine as well because 200 is basically the green circle will have the same duration like rank 160 just 5% stats that comes up with it. Also having scrap will help you to spam greens without you running out of supercharge. If you don't have the scrap at 200 then I'd recommend using the extended supercharge until it's at 200. PHR, PoD, and EoG combo is mostly good if you have like 1 or 2 superchage in your loadout, but I'd still run scrap though. I hope this helps!
    • Like x 3
  8. Joybird Committed Player

Thanks! That's really helpful. I'll run scrap, and probably just run PoD (I'll be getting tons of power from the EoG, so PHR is a little redundant). I guess it's one of those things that I can do trial and error for.

I'm beginning to think that a lot of groups don't understand how EoG works. People don't get stats from my EoG if my EoG is at level 200. They get stats from my EoG if their EoG is at 200, regardless of what mine is at. Maybe that's why people are insisting on the 200 EoGs?
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I think some people don't read all the text on artifacts, or just assume that if it's good at 160, it must be better at 200. I'll admit I don't know much about EoG, but I only have one toon that has it, and that toon got it for completing an Atlantis instance (and is an alt).
    • Like x 1
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

EOG | DC Universe Online Forums - Daybreak Games

Daybreak Games
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com › dcuo › eog.3270...

2 days ago — “Who's excited for the upcoming nerf?” Where is everyone finding this information from? Is it on test server? And how bad of a nerf it is?
    20 posts · Not excited, but not scared either. I haven't really poured a lot of effort into EOG. I hav

for march 15th, i can get this to come up in the search menu, but if i click on it, its been removed. ingame LFG is talking a lot about an EOG nerf, but no idea other than they mentioned it was leaked on twitter. but that is 2nd hand info.
    good luck!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. not serious Well-Known Player

It is not the fact of having Gemini at 200 which is sought, but rather the fact of being in super speed to be able to really being able to use 3 super charges at 2'500, acrobat can also but it is not really realizable for the others which will have to be satisfied to use only 2 super charges.
  12. Joybird Committed Player

I'm pretty sure all movement modes have 3 2500 supercharges if they use Pheremone Bloom.
  13. not serious Well-Known Player

Maybe they have 3sc, but they are very impractical or even unplayable in real situations, try by yourself and you would see what I mean.
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes, very impractical: dust-off sends you right up in the air, not helpful at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Just another reason to not use these things. Most are very impractical. Like most of the powers we have at our disposal are quite lame and useless, the same is to be said about super charges. How we equip them, how we generate them, how it needs several arts just to be worthy to use (ie eog, scrap, pied piper, etc), when to use them, then they get nerfed at stats revamp and become more useless at stats clamp content, and yet ppl only want them if you are superspeed with arts at 200 and are most likely looking for a carry.

I’m sorry, but how can one heal if half your loadout is orange?? Priority heal? Group heal? Hot heals? Shield? Wave heal? Special heal? And what supers do ya all use that actually contribute to healing? Do y’all use a scg as well? So a loadout like: 3x sc’s, 1 scg, 1 priority heal, 1 shield? Makes absolutely no sense. I never tried it, never will, so clearly it won’t make any sense to me. This game def shot itself in the foot when it did the stats revamp as I still hate what they did with it. It just feels that they nerfed it all only to sell us artifact’s to boost them up again.
    • Like x 1
  16. not serious Well-Known Player

for my part I find that using 3 sc is not serious to heal perfectly, unless you have a very experienced team, a good compromise would be to lower the time of use of the supercharges 2'500 which do not grant shields to have only to use 2 sc 2'500, as it was planned at the time of the redesign of supercharges abandoned.
  17. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Most of the forum people have an unwarranted hate boner for EoG for some reason. The only objective information here in that vein was that you should be careful about leveling it because the artifact may be changed soon, and the current green spam builds may no longer work. However, as to your actual questions,

1. You can use either 2 or 3, it just depends how many greens you want to spam. If you have PHR, you can heal like 90% of all content with only group and prio (results may differ for Celestial and Nature). If the group kind of sucks then I would only run 2 greens, because they won't be able to as effectively make use of 3 greens, and you might need the extra healing for them (or run weapon buff or something).

2. You only need EoG at 160, for just healing you do not need it at 200 at all. Scrap at 120 is fine, though you may run out of SC if you're running 3 greens. You may need the chest not if you're running 2 greens with Scrap, depending on how much SC you can naturally generate, and if you space out your greens a bit.

3. Scrap not only saves on SC, not also reduces the CD. You may run out of SC when running PoD instead, even if just using 2 greens (you can do Scrap swaps but as a healer I find that pretty annoying). There is a pretty sizeable difference between 2 greens without Scrap and 3 greens with Scrap. It'll depend on the group too, sometimes PoD can carry. Most of the time though, I don't think it's that necessary.

PHR is overpowered, which is why you can still heal perfectly fine spamming greens. Full healing is absolutely overkill and generally useless in most content. Even battle healing is better IMO.
    • Like x 2