EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Again - why? Not being brain dead should not be the bar for easily getting Elite feats - at least not all of them, anyway. If some feats are not possible for an average LFG group of strangers, or require a lot of effort, skill, luck, or even particular tactics and builds - even though I don't have them yet - I personally have no problem with that. And I don't see why anyone should, when there are thousands of other feats to get. Elite is called "Elite" for a reason. The fact, that this particular Elite content is not new shouldn't make a difference.

When there is a substantial number of players who have every gameplay-related feat in the game, except for the few outliers mentioned - I'll consider it a problem.
    • Like x 1
  2. not serious Well-Known Player

In order to correct this artefact as accurately as possible, it would have been necessary to start by looking at the root of the problem.
    The super-speed is disrupting too many things, so maybe it's time to look into it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Warped Discord Moderator

Well for starters, people going for damage check feats don’t just pull random people from LFG no matter how reasonable they may seem as those sort of feats take a lot of time and coordination and multiple tries sometimes. I know for me personally, I either go for those sort of feats with the league as I know their dps capabilities or I do it with close people who I know have very good burn.
    • Like x 1
  4. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

I feel like we're talking at cross purposes because of the extremities we're both using.

If I'm capable of playing end game current elite content then I don't think it's reasonable for me to go in to 3 year old elite content and still have to max my play style to achieve something, even if it is elite.

That doesn't fairly represent my characters progress over 3 years.

If the group has max rank artifacts, allies, proper rotations and load outs then why are we suggesting it should be a struggle, for what?
    • Like x 2
  5. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

You think it's unreasonable to be using LFG to form groups in 3 year old content that less people are interested in now, including at times friends and league members who might already have the feat and be less willing to assist?

I don't think using LFG is unreasonable and again, if the people have max artifacts and so on, why are we still insisting it be a struggle? I'd ask you too, for what?
    • Like x 1
  6. Clear New Player

Lol, it is unreasonable. These types of feats require a certain level of coordination and skill. Elite content can still require a lot of skill to beat, even if you have maxed artifacts and gear.
    • Like x 3
  7. Warped Discord Moderator

A few people have already answered your questions so I won’t repeat what they’ve already answered. Asking different people the same question until you get the answer you want doesn’t justify your reason for wanting the damage check feats adjusted.

I never said that using LFG was unreasonable. It really depends on what you’re using it for. I would say something such as Omega Pardon or Proma’s Anguish would be a no for LFG. And if league mates or friends aren’t willing to help you get a feat because they have it, then I would maybe reconsider your choice of league or friends.

The struggle lies in the player, not the content. Elite content feats (especially damage checks) aren’t meant to be easy to obtain. Even several DLCs later. They won’t be impossible to get after the EOG nerf and will still be very attainable with the right group.
    • Like x 1
  8. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

No it doesn't, old elite content isn't hard to simply beat, the feats can be though.

Im not saying it shouldn't require coordination or even a decent load out, I'm saying it shouldn't require you to be at your maximum, when it was new it should, when it's 3 years old though, no it shouldn't.

And it definitely shouldn't be requiring you to use certain things or artifact swapping.

If this weren't such an issue you'd jump at the chance to prove the point, but no one wants too because they're scared about it.

I've seen people stream some of these things for hours on the internet, stretching the very limits of what the clamped system caps their damage at while using everything in their arsenal to just barely scrape through.

But I guess the problem wasn't with the game it was that their slightly sub optimal builds and refusal to artifact swap made them too trash.
    • Like x 1
  9. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

I'm not sure you're really listening to me and I'm sure you think the same.

The issue with LFG came up originally because I challenged Obsidianchill to form a group in LFG to see how truly difficult it might be with people and quantities he doesn't know.

He thinks it's basically that easy without EOG and I wanted him to put his money where his mouth is, only to find him unwilling for what I think are obvious reasons, in that it's not as easy as it probably should be.

I've seen groups struggle with Promas Anguish on streams, even still, while using EOGs and artifact swapping, you're telling them to self reflect, but what more are they supposed to do?

Imagine their damage into reality? The name reclaim is this week, so dibs on the name Peter Pan and Spongebob.
    • Like x 2
  10. Clear New Player

LOL. what more are they suppose to do?? Yeah there can't possibly be another way, surely? Yes, elite content still requires skill, coordination, tactics etc.

I still don't understand your actual point, I only stated that it's unreasonable to form LFG for such feats in elite content.

You also state that if artifact swapping weren't such an issue I would jump at the chance to prove the point? I never said anything about artifact swapping. I doubt anyone is scared either. You just keep repeating this because the response your receiving doesn't fit your needs.
    • Like x 3
  11. Warped Discord Moderator

No, I’m reading your comments. It’s just kind of hard to follow along because you keep contradicting/repeating yourself and I feel like you’re just talking to talk now so I’ll end our conversation with this.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Some dpses will have to rethink what they’re doing and their strategy for dpsing without EOG because that’s all they’ve ever known. There’s plenty of other sources of damage/buffs out there that will make those feats attainable but it will also require some coordination, timing, and very good burn.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

No one said it doesn't require skill my guy, but have you ever sat there and watched some of the groups stream it outside of your own bubble?

You say there's another way, what other way? Other than a decent loadout and the proper artifacts, you seem to just be suggesting they're doing it wrong while alluding to some mysterious missing mojo.

And no it actually isn't unreasonable to form in LFG, it's not an entitlement to actually succeed, but it is an acceptable tool to use to form a group even in elite. You're acting like certain feats are excluded to friend groups or leagues, that's the very definition of gatekeeping.

LFG groups are just as capable of communication and coordination if motivated.

You lot keep entirely missing the point of the requested exercise use LFG form a group of elite capable players, you don't know, expect they communicate properly, at least have a decent build and go in and try it, see how it goes.

This was never an unreasonable request or challenge.
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Do you have all current Elite feats? Does everyone in your group? Then probably getting that 3 year old feat should not be too hard, if you use strategically tools at your disposal, like voice chat, arts, trinkets, SC etc. I don't know, I haven't tried it in such a group. But I have mules with 100SP and rank 80 arts that completed current Elite content, thanks to being in a group with some decent players and learning the basic mechanics, so it's not exactly a high bar.

Maybe not. But maybe it represents your progress as a player? 3 years is a long time to learn to optimize your playstyle and find above average players to attempt the most difficult challenges with.

Maybe so that players better than me and you have something to strive for and feel satisfied for completing? If I could complete that feat easily after 10 months playing since returning to the game on a new account - just because I have 200 arts, lv10 allies and a "proper" rotation - would that fairly represent my character's progress? And what are players better than me meant to do - leave the game, due to boredom and nothing left to accomplish? I'm happy to wait until I'm better and play with more skilled players and keep trying in the meantime. I don't know about you, but I find playing the game fun and I don't care how old the content is.
    • Like x 1
  14. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

I don't think you're actually reading my comments properly and I'm not contradicting myself

I said they're already doing that, they've got a decent build, they're doing it correctly or definitely correctly enough for content that should be a little more forgiving given its age and still failing or just scraping through.

But you're literally just telling me they should just be doing more or doing it different and don't seem to realize how silly that sounds.

I've also been pretty consistent in my request for the LFG group and the reasoning behind why that's more reasonable than making a group of the games 1%ers to push a narrative.

If you don't need EOG or anything else to beat the feat then taking randoms, but competent elite players shouldn't be such a scary prospect, but you are all acting like it's the Titanic.
    • Like x 3
  15. Soc Level 30

What you said here is so true with myself being a returning player. I took 4 years off to finish college and coming back to DC it has been a challenge to say the least when trying to do older feats.

I don't have a lot of skill points, my league helps when they can and aren't busy with the new dlc but, it has been very difficult because reading this thread so many here are so dismissive of average players.

I leveled an EOG while it was double xp, buying items from the marketplace while I do pay for a membership it was still pretty expensive for myself being just out of college, I get there needs to be a balance but I personally spent $180 dollars to level artifacts so I wouldn't feel left behind and I would be able to participate. I would feel if they nerf this artifact to the point of not being able to use it like I do now, that I pretty much just in a few short months wasted all that money for nothing, while others say you can level artifacts by putting in the time ect, I again wasn't playing for 4+ years and I know I didn't have to as some might say it but you really do need this artifact for a lot of the older hard feats.
    • Like x 2
  16. Soc Level 30

You seem like the type that doesn't LFG, but then again your trying to sell your account why do you even care at this point?
    • Like x 1
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't see you hypocritical in the slightest... but "good" and "competent" are highly subjective and relative terms. You seem to think that "decent" should be enough for old elite feats.

The people you are arguing with have all most likely taken that next step to be better than that because well... they're willing to set aside playing "how they want that is cool and pretty good" for "I want to be the best I can absolutely be".

You aren't going to see to eye to eye with them and that is ok. But... you also shouldn't expect every feat to be reasonable for "how I want to play that is pretty good" just because it's old. You can't have it all if you aren't willing to do what is necessary to achieve it. So I recommend not wasting your energy trying to convince the sky not to be blue because your favorite color is green.

Back to trolling. Git gud, bum.
    • Like x 2
  18. Soc Level 30

Didn't I see you in LFG still trying for the DWF feats? how did that go? I saw you shouting for like 3 days, take your own advice!
  19. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

Feats like Omega and Omega are old, so yes, decent is all I think you should be to get it.
    • Like x 2
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... You keep repeating that, yet you fail to even once explain what the age of the feat has to do with anything. Epic Odyssey is 10 years old, so I should be able to get it by farting on a keyboard, I guess.
    • Like x 1