EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. Soc Level 30

Me stating facts or the truth, DWF was the truth, you rage quitting was the truth , you implying I am trolling well that's on you buddy.

Content and certain feats if EOG isn't properly balanced will result in a lot of other people rage quitting with frustration, people like me who spend hard earned money on said artifacts then have it nerfed into the ground will no longer open their wallets, these are all just facts. take it however you like.
    • Like x 1
  2. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

My guy, you are purposefully obfuscating the issue so as to pretend you've got a valid point.

This really isn't this hard, go find some decent players you don't know, run the content, try and get the feat, stream it.

I've never seen people lose their minds about such a simple proposal before and make this many excuses, this community be cray lol
    • Like x 1
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Neat way to turn a personal attack into something supporting your own agenda. I almost liked you for a second. I thought you were kinda funny.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Had my popcorn steaming while reading the rest of the thread, but this is exactly what I was trying to say. All I added was for the dev team to get ahead things & sift through the most difficult stuff now so they don't have to hear complaints about it later. Guess I just didn't communicate it well lol.
    • Like x 3
  5. Soc Level 30

We know you laughed, let me know if you still need help with those old feats you still need, I'll be sure to watch for you in LFG, I need a good laugh now and then.

Agenda? well that makes everyone in this thread post about their own agenda nice try buddy :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

I agree, it's just basic quality assurance and sometimes it would help if the players assisted rather than grandstanding.

It really didn't seem like a bad idea to find some half decent people to try and get the feat, stream it for everyone including the developers and see what happens.

That's all I was asking for lol, instead I was met with philosophical arguments about what a decent player is, why LFG sucks, why I suck, why I should find better friends or how to play Harry Potter and magic up extra damage

I was going to have some hot chocolate this evening, but I think I'll add some Irish whiskey
    • Like x 4
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

To invite you... you'd have to be remembered.

And no... some of us just accept that things are the way they are for a reason and don't let our personal feelings drive us to desperately seek a world where golden participation trophies exist for all. That's when you know you've truly lost. Ragequitting is temporary. Trying to rewrite the rulebook so that someone at your level can complete everything is rock bottom. Do you though, man.
  8. Soc Level 30

Look who's baiting I mean trolling now!

This has nothing to do with personal feelings you need to learn to read, I don't care if EOG is nerfed properly < you do understand this part right?

My level, you have no idea what my level is, you know what they say when you assume something?
  9. Mr.W Committed Player

Try not to let it get to you & don't over do it lol. I think I see your main points were (1) for all for us to step out our comfort zones & play with ppl we don't have inherent chemistry with (while they are still "qualified" to run what the group is attempting). & (2) even though we do have to keep the absolute max gameplay in mind you want us to make sure things are still feasible with rogue playstyles that are still very strong (& qualified) for feats & content being attempted.
    • Like x 2
  10. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

I'm glad someone gets it. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Someone willing to stream doesn’t automatically make someone good either. I’ve seen so many players with terrible loadouts say they got their build off of YouTube or some other similar platform. People having issues on twitch does not show if something is generally hard or easy. With such a large percentage of the player base being just bad of course it seems that content it hard. But that’s the thing. Why should content be adjusted around players who can’t be bothered to test something as simple as their own loadout? Some feats should have some level of requirements in order to complete. And that could also mean needing the player to look for players who actually try to improve to complete it. Again, it shouldn’t mean that only the top 1% can beat it. But at least put some effort. When o go for feats I know are difficult I try to get people I know who can do it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Warped Discord Moderator

The questions you’re asking though have already been answered - you just don’t like the answers you’re being given. Mepps has already confirmed that content was never designed around EOG so why adjust feats like Proma’s Anguish post EOG nerf just to cater to those who aren’t willing to put forth some effort and learn how to dps and actually do great burn without EOG?

There are several things dpses can utilize to increase their damage output for those damage check feats (pstone/supply, dks/orbital, henchmen, trinkets, buff consumables such as compound, seasonal cookies, buff colas, etc.) along with gear and good loadout rotation/positioning and of course skill. And the supports can add on to that damage - trolls swapping arts and keeping buffs up and stacking available defense debuffs, tank utilizing dilustel refractor, etc. I’ve also even seen groups get creative and tanks go dps when proma is at like 5% just for the extra burn.

Why am I explaining all of this to you? To show you that there’s a lot that goes into trying to obtain these feats and that it’ll still be very attainable without EOG with a group that 1) knows how to play their role very well and 2) is able to coordinate and communicate effectively.

I just think the whole “This feat will be too hard post EOG nerf. It needs to be changed.” narrative is a bit simpleminded when you haven’t even considered what other factors could be utilized to obtain these feats. And as someone else in this thread stated, not every feat should be attainable for everyone. There are some who will try it even with EOG at their disposal and still fail. But that’s still a player issue, not a content issue. That much isn’t going to change post EOG nerf…
    • Like x 2
  13. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

I just meant you can swap everything else to your hearts content and won't get anywhere near the same results as swapping an artifact...
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

Once you have everything else, the only thing left to chase is feats, basically. Of course it's a choice though. Doesn't make me a completionist because I don't actually want "them all" (looking at SM because those feats don't give points).

The 2nd part was just me making a joke that if the content wasn't being gatekept by those people trying to force nerfs, it's by the idiots on my server not wanting to let me get them so I don't pass their SP again.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

It veered into discussion about adjustments after Proxy wrote that banger of a post that hit the nail right on the head.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It was directed at the entire thread. Issues against the clamp etc etc. All related. What you said suggested that you were striking and waving signs like that crowd. It wasn't that personal. Life will go on. Need a hug?
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Sure. That's why I like the idea of some feats being extremely difficult to get - it means I can play the game longer while still having something to chase, instead of getting them all easily with a PUG, like some people seem to be suggesting should be possible.

Why do you care about a few SP? They literally make no difference beyond certain level. If you don't enjoy the challenge and don't have an irrational compulsion to have every skill point in the game - why bother?

So it's all about who has the most SP, then? Well - I can't relate, because I couldn't care less. I find people measuring d*cks in a video game quite pathetic. I want there to be a challenge for all players, from casual cosplayers, for whom almost everything is a challenge, to the sweaty clipping/swapping/power-switching "tryhards". Some people seem to want every feat to be available to average (or "decent") players, so that they don't have to ever feel, like someone else is better at the game. Seems dumb to me, but then - I don't base my self-worth on video games. I play them for fun and difficult challenges are fun.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

I don't know, but since my server has a low population it's easier for them to do it. I want to be able to get the tough feats, because that's all I have left that I need, but they would rather be toxic than help. Or purposely mess up the feat because they already have it.

It's rough over here. I barely even play anymore because of how bad it's gotten.
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... I don't need to prove anything to you. I'm not asking for the game to be adjusted for my benefit, so that I can easily complete a few feats and not have to feel like others are better at the game than me.

You're the one losing your mind over a few feats you think you deserve yet are not prepared to put work in to get, because they're a few years old. You're the one having a problem with others making the effort and playing "meta". It literally doesn't affect you, or me. You and I don't need those few feats. You've made no argument beyond "I deserve the feats, because I have arts and a rotation and they're from an older episode", which is laughable. Grow up, touch grass. You don't need to be the best at this game for kids.
    • Like x 1
  20. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

To be fair, that's why there is 3/4 levels of difficulty now. Event for cosplayers, Reg for casual, elite for (idk, extra casual?), And elite+ for them sweaty tryhards :p

Perhaps they should just add elite+ to all of the old raids heh