EoG’s SC power should’ve been for Controllers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Seriously, why healers, already heavily tasked with the survival of the team, need now to be a SC battery when a CONTROLLER is much best fitted for this task?
    • Like x 7
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or Troll vs Tank.

Tank - "Hey...I'm spamming greens....get all up in my junk and a bunch of bosses to build your SC, make sure to bring all your adds, pets, allies and turrets too!"
    Me - "Nah bruh....I'll stay back here by the healer"
    • Like x 3
  3. Kreachure Committed Player

eog should probably be nerfed a bit or reworked in general
  4. Achikah All About That Base

While I do full heartedly agree and don't necessarily like being a SC battery while soloing, I do like elite runs where the two healers complement each other. It reminds me of the dual troll days- one would stat out and specialize in PoT and the other more recharge heavy. It's fun going into a group and asking if they're EOG or main healing, or who's doing what- adding some tactical fun to runs.

However, I do agree. Having a troll with support EOG effects would be awesome. It may take away from a buff art slot, but it'd help the healers by letting us have another heal in place of one of the 3 SCs, which would be nice in solo healing instances.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

There USED to be a time - not so long ago - where Controllers used Scrap of Soul Cloak which increased our Group Shield's usage and frequency.

It could be argued, though - that Controllers' Group Shields only provided Group protection for a few seconds as well as replenished power pools. Unfortunately, there is less of a need for SOSC. I loved this artifact and it was VERY useful at one time just recently.

EoG? Well, it can be argued that it replenishes ALL SC's. This then, in turn, can be utilized for various other uses - such as either damage OR Group Shield replenishment.

Now WE / Controllers have had to ditch the SoSC art in order to Buff DPS damage with a trio of Damage - specific artifacts. Good luck in getting EoG slotted to Controllers. Our plates are ALREADY full, lol - full of "Exactly What" can be debated Ad Infinitum........................................

But don't speak out TOO much about these changes.......

[IMG]

You'll ruffle feathers.

Be thankful that - SO FAR - Healer's inventories are only being conscripted for ONE Art (EoG).

Controllers? At Least TWO slots - sometimes more.

Let's not even TALK about Inventory Swapping, lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

I am increasingly becoming open to getting a FOURTH Artifact Inventory Slot - perhaps for Controllers and Healers?
    • Like x 1
  7. Tolly Committed Player

Personally, I'd be more in favour of having a new power/accuracy boost artifact fairly, but in an EOG style than a fourth artifact, I think we're already far too assisted as it is, between allies, augments and artifacts.

I'm not sure that it will help the balance of powers at all, where the same powers are always allowed to be first and the same ones are always last and nothing is done about it...
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Speak for yourself, some still use it :oops: Not everyone plays absolute meta :D
    • Like x 4
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Oh, absolutely....

SoSC is on my Battery Controller - along with my BoP and Rao.

I just find myself using my Buff Controller Armory more and more the last few months.

Every now and then I find groups with DPS that seem Power-Hungry but unfortunately I don't see that too much anymore.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Gotta admit, buff trolling with healers using EoG is lots of fun when you can spam them power shields XD
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I just can't give up my soul cloak scrap. i have a few different builds to play with depending on the group I'm with.
    Basic is the Cloak, the Claw and Tetra. I have my might/power maxed with everything else going into health and vit.

If the group I'm with is good on power management I have an alternate build with the same arts but my health is maxed for the might buff. If the group is very good with power management I will swap out the cloak for my (forget if its the amulet or the power harness) for the extra precision buff. This produces sweet results but again...the group has to know what they're doing. Nothing like everyone crying for power when they know the artifact you're running to make them hit harder cuts off your power dump...

The worst thing is most players won't care or notice what you're doing unless they're constantly at zero power.

As an aside does anyone know if the elite mainframe mod power strategist works if you have the claw equipped?
    • Like x 1
  12. Ergotth Committed Player

Personaly, if it comes to two healers, I think the real complement they truly give each other are when we have a Burst and a Summoner healer together, which means a healer that is Electric/Celestial/Nature and a Sorcery/Water (I do hope the next healer power is a Summoner to balance it) since the Burst can cover up for any heavy hits we take with ease but the summoner will keep the HP topped through constant barrages. EoG throws a wrench to any decent healing Loadout just so DPSs can complete the bossfight 1 minute earlier. If it's wise to group up next to the healer! And most endgame content proves its NOT, making EoG actualy counterproductive.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a reason it is the way it is.

The orange eog circle grants power and even buffs the stats of anyone else with a R200 EoG equipped. Thats the main focus of Trolls nowadays. Buff stats.

Without EoG, healing is a cakewalk in the majority of content. It is already at a point where its as easy to heal than it is to troll. This used to be different back then.
    Anyway... Im glad they gave healer another task besides keeping everybodys health up.
  14. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Perhaps Healers and Controllers should - "take a day or two off?" Since it's as easy to do these roles as you say.

Let's have the tanks and DPS do SM.

I propose a "Healer and Controller Strike", then. I bet that would go over REAL WELL right now - with Survival Mode active.;) :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Ergotth Committed Player

They didn't give healer "another task", they burdened healers with an unwanted chore. Also, Trolls can already buff damage by reducing enemy's defenses and with the Claw artifact, so helping recharge SC feels more like the icing on the cake of damage support! EoG would be more fitting for healers if the area helped reduce damage since healers rely exclusively on barriers that have their own limitations for that (And Celestial's Consecrated Ground SC that SUCKS so bad Water can literaly do it better with Aegis).

"healing is a cakewalk in the majority of content"
    [IMG]
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Artifacts are primarily to switch up the playstyle (At least that was the dev argumentation upon first implementation). Also, Green EoG also heals, wich is much closer to what a heal is supposed to do so i dont see your point.
    I can only talk about my experience but i may have generalized the ability to heal content and judged others based on my own standards. :)
  17. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I like the fact that they gave Healers more things to do. Honestly, I do think Healing is pretty easy... it's only hard when other roles aren't playing properly and just taking too much damage. Which sometimes you can heal through, and is when full healing comes in handy. But running with decent groups, it's nice to have more options as a Healer. So far it's green spam and battle healing, would be nice to have more.
  18. Ergotth Committed Player

oh I can agree on that statement, Artifacts are pretty much like Passives classes have in other games, and I do appreciate how they work, how they are not class-limited to some extent, and I admit I did forget Green EoG also heals, although I would like the word of an EoG healer to tell me how good it heals. And hey, I could very well alternate Transformation with EoG! Once my SC is depleted, I put up Trans et-voilá, more crit heals until I can use a SC again!

So yea, I'm kinda warming up to this Artifact, but I stand to my point it feels more fitting for a Troll to do such thing.
    • Like x 1