End LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

TC collections and flawless Nth metal should drop from last bosses in LPvE as loot. How many people would go back to farming LPvE if this was a thing? (even if it's in a group of 4 people spamming batarangs or light claws ).

I know this would not be a fix for the grindness of LPvE but it would fix one of its main problems, lack of reward (and queue times). To somewhat fix the grindness all the legends should be buffed, I feel like a cr30 instead of like a legend.
    • Like x 2
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Right?! Lol

“Save the cheer-leader, save the world”

...trying to do my part to make a world a better place, passing on a laugh/smile one person at a time... :) :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

LOL no you don't. Those few SP attached to the ENTIRE LPVE-grind is NOTHING compared to content-feats you can get by actually playing and not asking for handouts. The content-feats have more than enough feats "required" for your toon's progress, not to mention the rest of the feats in this inflated SP-pool we got currently.

You WANT these feats, that's all it comes down to, but you don't NEED them for your toon's progression in other content.

With that said i'm fully for ideas and suggestions that makes this grind a little easier on us in general, but to outright hand out these feats is a ridiculously selfish suggestion.
    • Like x 4
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

To be clear, Feat points and Gear are part of the progression.

Coming back to the OP, if they have time to make content, to Time Capsules, to Buster Bundle, to Artifacts and so on, I ask myself why they don't have time to Revamp LPVE or end it? Why introduce a content that nothing helps in the game? So, end it or at least revamp it.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

They, the feat points, are attached, are 45, so, we need. Same to Time Capsules to mention an example, there are feats attached there too. But it's up to you, as already said, to get or not get those feats. My simple suggestion is: In the last 1 or 2 years, LPVE did not received any improvement, so, end it or revamp it.

So, in your logic, if I said: "End Time Capules", you say: "You're selfish."
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Keep throwing out suggestions, I’m all for making it better. Currently it gives people a reason to buy legend characters, or play Legends PVP. Some people like to play as an Iconic, but will not play PVP. So it gives them something to do. There is a benefit, just maybe not directly for you specifically...

LPVE just isn’t high on their priority list, it’s not a matter of them “not caring,” and phrasing it that way probably does more harm than good.
    • Like x 1
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’d resist using those words, but yes. Only because it ‘appears’ that you’re only taking into account your playstyle, feelings, and/or opinions, and not accounting for how others might play, feel, think. Do you have a dictionary?
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's 4,5 SKILL POINTS. You don't need those for further gameplay and progression, you WANT them. Big difference. If you want those 4,5 SP this badly, grind for them like many others did. Again, there's nothing wrong in coming up with suggestions to make the grind a little easier on us in general, but to outright ask for a straight handout because you WANT them (you don't need them) is selfish.

Oh, and please don't bring logic into this... Because LPVE feats are entirely different from the TC situation where there's over 45 SKILL POINTS attached to RnG.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s nice to have company in the Saturday morning rabbit hole thread...lol :p
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Logged in just to say.....no. I'm definitely not being forced to run LPvE. Unless I'm not seeing the gun held to my head, or was I excluded from some sort of hypnosis? I got all my team up feats and then droppped it like it's hot

The only people feeling forced to participate in this train wreck are the die hard feat hunters that need every last bit of sp in the game. I'm almost at 350, I'm fairly comfortable where I am.
    • Like x 6
  11. Dene Devoted Player

My guess is jt is just not on their radar.. kinda "don't care" but more like "other priorities"
    • Like x 1
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

1) Legends Duos and solo instances.

2) team credit: everyone gets credit for all the iconics included in the instance not just their own.

gives a little variety. speeds up the process. encourages pre made groups.

that or just shut it down.
  13. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

lol stop
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

I like both of those ideas!
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

So what about all those grind feats we got ? I mean gather 20 k they gave it for free and its ok? but those LPVE its not ?
    Where is the logic ? :) I h8 devs for this but what you gona do ? One day we will find all those SP in MP becouse when money talks ................
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

While LPVE is not (by far) the best part of the game it DOES give you something to do when you are bored and a way to flesh out a few feats, so I would keep it.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why in god's name would it be a good thing to take away LPVE? If you don't like it, here's an extremely easy solution: DON'T PLAY IT.

Or do you mean that you'd like the *feats* for LPVE removed? Which is *entirely* different from removing the *content*.

Which is to say, again, you'd like to take things away from other people because you don't want them to have an earned advantage you don't want to grind for yourself.

But the solution is: DON'T PLAY LPVE, not take it away from everyone who likes it simply because you don't like it.

Presumably you'll object to this simple solution on the basis that then you won't have the SP other people have.

But that would be baseless: you're not entitled to unearned Feats, and you're not entitled to take away parts of the game from everyone simply because you don't enjoy that part.

If you don't like something like LPVE: don't play it. But destroying stuff other people like simply because you don't want them to be rewarded for it is plainly unjustifiable. If it's the feats you object to, at least object to them, not the content itself. Content that you don't like existing is not actually a problem for the devs to solve. You have the solution to that one in your own hands.

That said, I absolutely agree, at least, that LPVE runs should be severely nerfed; they generally take around half an hour, and sometimes more if there are clueless noobs running -- which there often are. Whereas Mepps has said they're intended to take "five minutes," to which I can only say that clearly none of the devs ever run LPVE on live, because I've NEVER seen one done in less than 15 minutes, and half an hour or more is common. (Dox is the worst; most of the time you get people trying to win an unobtainable and non-existent EO feat and simply dying and quitting.)

If they actually took only five minutes, there would be a great many fewer complaints. That LPVE takes far far far far far longer than it should is a criticism I do agree with.
    • Like x 3
  18. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I think everyone knows my opinion considering I make a LPVE thread about every other day. I despise this content because of the feats attached. Not necessarily the content itself. We have been fighting the LPVE battle for a few years now. And no adjustments have been made. I despise the feats for this content. And I love this game. But when I do t even want to touch these feats something is wrong. And I consider myself a grinder.

Devs this isn’t even funny anymore. Something needs to be done with this content. You would save me and a few other people a ton of time if you would just let us know these would never change. Then I would drop it and not make anymore threads about it. The content hasn’t postental, but as of right now it stinks badly.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't know what DCUO you play, but on mine they haven't made a new LPVE map in well over a year, possibly more. There's no current investment in creating LPVE and deleting content that exists isn't going to magically magically make other stuff appear.

There's simply zero benefit to "ending LPVE" other than to make sure other people don't have SP you don't want to earn. Period, end of story.
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol lol ^-^ Great job .