Empowering Channeling Mod

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, May 7, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Does the hand mod stop interruptions because I was getting interrupted when use Snuff Off, Fireburst, Absorb Heat and Heat Vision. Not sure why, I was having so much fun on test server working on something.
  2. Brav Well-Known Player

It does for the channeled powers that it shows in the mods description only (before slotting it), fireburst isn't one of them though (gain your own immunity with a breakout trinket or a normal breakout after a counter, even a counter to the npc for a blue/free immunity to use certain channeled abilities that aren't included within the mods immunity benefit). Keep in mind that there is a small window before it starts and toward the end of it that the immunity is not active meaning you can be countered/interrupted right before and after the ability animation.

Also there are certain crowd control effects that can override the immunity like push backs, grounded movement effects, etc that can occur during certain boss fight mechanics. It is still a very useful tactical mod for most situations, especially if you're the one with aggro when running without a tank in certain content.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

OH darn I wonder why Mass Detonation, Fireburst, and Iceblast aren't in the list. I agree it still has it usefulness such as the added 5% defense increase. Was not aware though of the small window that mod had but thank you.
  4. Brav Well-Known Player

Yes, definitely. And if you don't have any useful back mod then the "breakout protection" mod is a nice option that grants an extra 10% defense for a short time when interrupted and your the one with aggro in those non tank runs. You can also farm/earn your own immunity as mentioned above in parentheses (after a small recent edit) for those abilities that aren't included. You're welcome and no problem.
    • Like x 1
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yup it works on absorb heat & heat vision, i used to use it. If u get your solar amplifier to 200 u get empowered channeling for free & can use a different hand mod, but keep empowered channeling too
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like empowered channeling mod because of the 5% defense increase when used and it pairs nicely with the neck mod that gives 10% defense.
    • Like x 1
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I switched back to atomic lol I have no idea why Fireburst, Mass Detonation and of course Ice Blast isn't on the list of Empowered Channeling. I keep being interrupted when using Absorb Heat, Snuff Out, Fireburst and Heat Vision. I think the reason why Atomic exhales in this department is because they get added control resistance with the aura on. It also makes it easier knowing I just have Geiger Beam and Heat Vision on my loadout (since they are included on the list).