Embarrasing...SM Diary

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritasum, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

So I ran SM last night. It was a good group and pretty much breezed through the first 2 rounds. Then I got kicked.
    There were 3 dps including myself. I am Munitions and the other 2 were Quantum. I was aware of the scoreboard. The 2 Quantum were ahead of me by 10 mill +

Admittedly, I was playing it safe since I've only tried SM twice before with failed groups and so I'm still learning the mechanics and what to watch out for, etc. The 2 Quantums were good players as far as I could tell (not just #s). The way I was playing, I should have been in 3rd, but not by those proportions. Until recently, I have not had any trouble keeping up with any powerset except Ice and the occasional Gadgets. I know now Earth and Sorcery are also very strong.

I'm not a scoreboard chaser, but it does affect me when I get kicked from a perfectly healthy group. It could have been just a bad night for me or whatever, but I guess I'm posting this to see if others have more insight or constructive input.
    I can adjust and play riskier by getting in closer using 50 cal. Splosion as far as I can tell is hitting significantly softer recently. And it may be simply time to rework my loadout. Regardless though, I'm not sure what I could do to at least make up a respectable difference on that scoreboard. It just struck me as way lopsided.

I saw the kick coming when they weren't starting the 3rd round and I looked at the scoreboard. IMO, it's a lame move, but I can obviously see why it happened.

Anyway, short of going back to Quantum, any input would be appreciate. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. tinoman Dedicated Player

quantum the best bar none for sm.
  3. Veritasum Loyal Player

Apparently, looks like I may only be able to offer my trolling services if I want any more pants or base items.
  4. Sarcasm Committed Player

Ah its okay you'll get a lot of dps love in the new Trigon raid.
  5. tinoman Dedicated Player

i know that sucks i went into sm with my 137 gadgets and just got murdered by quantums. so he went quantum too. lol
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Anyone else read the title and think, "Should have said the safe word!"?
    • Like x 2
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

BumblingB "Question" where exactly does the raptor tech back piece drop? i have been running all the batcaves expert and the inner alert for a year every weekly reset and can't see to get the back to drop. Neither do i see anyone else get it. Does it even exist anymore outside of lockboxes.:(
  8. Avian Dedicated Player

What loadout are you using with Munitions?
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

10 mill is alot and I mean Alot. Sorry but if I was the healer I would ask if you have a good troller set because at that point you are the weakest link.

Scoreboard is destroying this community.
    • Like x 3
  10. Veritasum Loyal Player

Hehe, Hadn't thought about that. But yeah.

Anyway, not sharing my safe word with you.
    • Like x 1
  11. Veritasum Loyal Player

I agree it's a lot. Which is why I made the thread. As I mentioned, this is a first (at that ratio). I'm not the best, but I'm often top dps (that's pug groups though so take that with a grain of salt).
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I don't remember, I am still missing the shoulders. Kind of gave up at this point. Kahn needs 3 people to run and I don't remember which of the caves has the shoulders. I'll just wait to see if the lockbox drops it.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Then again if you were playing it safe and were at a midrange you are losing alot of damage considering munitions is mostly close range for its big damage.

Perhaps you were playing it too safe.
    • Like x 1
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Every time anyone mentions Survival Mode! Lol!
  15. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Shoulders drop from OMAC batman in Sub-Con. I solo'd it for 47 straight weeks before they dropped for me. :D So many unbreakable stuns :(
    • Like x 2
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I received the shoulders in Sub-Construct last week from OMAC Batman.

Back is supposed to drop from Riot Control Prototype in Outer Caverns and Brother Eye in Inner Sanctum.
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

I use KI, RG, 6B, 50 Cal, Splosion, Biggun

That has been the loadout I settled into after trying many different combos back when the power was first introduced. In SM, I am swapping Splosion for Survival. I'm thinking I may benefit more from swapping biggun for a Shield super to help group. But obviously a risky move trying to help group in ways other than scoreboard. Biggunun does seem to help on the adds at least Rd 1 & 2 though.
  18. Veritasum Loyal Player

I'm sure that's a chunk of it. It just stilled seemed like a lot, lol.
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

Depends what the other Quantums did since there is a new Quantum glitch going on your damage might be right, theres not ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Simon Phoenix Active Player

How is the scoreboard destroying the community?Without tthe scoreboard they would have been stuck with him for a lot longer.Ran a DC reg earlier and I was out dps'n a dps in troll role AGAIN!!!The scoreboard shows us who's not doing there part,if the Devs remove it cuz of ppl like u it will be the final nail in DC's coffin.