Elite+

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Now don't get me wrong, so do I! Just not when they are uncompletable (or straight up unobtainable) on my platform entirely.

Not even to the 1% of the population they are designed for...
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

You still have another episode to gain additional stats…and then the conversion to EEG to beat it. Does it need re-tuning?
    Where would your next SP go? I think you have an “old world view” of what counts as progression in this game - like pre-Stats Revamp.

What you’re calling “progression” is what I’m calling chasing “completion.”
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but it's a game of chicken and egg. As we get more of this, you can't get into elite+ because you don't have the SP you are trying to cap out by getting into elite+. It's not there yet, but give it 3 or 4 DLCs. We already have it from things like FFE almost being impossible to get a higher stage (severe or critical) run on at this point (easy or not....if people don't run it...they don't run it), I'd guess TSDE critical and TSWE+ will follow suit as they fall into EEG. As the SP locked in those versions grows...10, 20, 30, 40 SP, that 'missing' SP will start making a difference...meaning you won't get the newest E+ either.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Absolutely! But they won't do it because that would require them to re-tune PC as well, in which we know they won't/can't do without an uproar from the sweaty macro using elitists saying it's already "too easy" over there.

Stat points are even more important now after stat clamp. Progression means exactly how it sounds. Even 1 stat point that betters your character is progression, now matter how you look at it.
    The real question is, if you are strong enough for Elite+, where would YOUR stat point go? Exactly. It isn't needed. So when you say "completion", then a simple feat with a title and no points should more than suffice to a completionist.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

LOL at this thread.

Who cares about feats in elite+, I'd rather it be that than a tradeable item that only serves to appeal to speedhackers and its not extra gear.

You lot are seriously complaining about an insignificant number of feats and suggesting it instead be replaced with cosmetics or titles you'd no doubt rather have more... you lot have no clue.

These feats are enough of a carrot and they're realistically statistically insignificant, you don't need them, at all, they're not even the cream on top of the milk at this point, they're the milk vapor in the air on top of the cream.

If you don't want to get them, then just forget about them.

If the devs want to do anyone a favor, give us the ability to hide feats, then the feat karens won't need to look at feats they can't or don't wanna get.

That is all.
    • Like x 4
  6. BumblingB I got better.

This is where you are misunderstanding the problem and is actually the same argument for Time Capsule feats. "Insignificant" for one DLC, but those feats add up every new DLC to the point that the amount of feats locked out of the majority of players becomes greatly "significant".

At this point, I'm kind of tired of trying to argue otherwise. There are 3 types of players when they see Elite+.
    1. Yay, harder content to do once and ignore forever after.
    2. Yay, harder content I will never be able to get in.
    3. I have this guy that will get me through this. *wink wink*
    There is no one that will want to religiously farm it after they get what they have in there. There will be a few that will help others, but if they had an option, they would choose to quicker route.
    I appreciate the developers trying to please everyone, but at this point, I think we need to reevaluate WHAT the devs want to provide for the longevity of the game. Elite content has and will always be a very narrow population able content. When it was first introduced, it was easier to ignore, since the stat gain was minimal at best. It is not so easy to ignore now. Especially with how scaling and diminishing returns of stats are the higher you go. Then add on that this will eventually be permanently clamped content. Yeah...
    • Like x 6
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Utterly and entirely disagree with this, reason;

Time capsule feats always involve money, even when obtaining via the qwark vendor, even if you buy on the broker, you're still relying on someone to spend money.

With elite+ feats the only thing gating you getting those feats is time, because as long as the properly balance the content when it drops onto EEG then the feats in elite+ immediately become significantly more attainable to a wider audience.

What you lot are unhappy about is an inability to get the feats "now" rather than "later".

That's not the same as a time capsule that involves money because these feats that become more accessible over time simply aren't the same runaway train you want to them to be no matter how much you want it.

If when the content drops to EEG you think they're too hard then you should be speaking up about that and showing it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

SP behind TC feats >>> SP behind Elite+ content

“It’s only impossible if you don’t try!” - guess that HoL vendor ;)
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Time was an argument before the clamp. You think these things will magically become available to everyone when it hits EEG? There are still feats that are downright near impossible now and apparently worse than when it was preclamp, but that's for another thread.

This is an always. There is no later. When the majority of players can't run it, how is this good? They are creating content that can't be accessed by the majority of players. Okay. Awesome. They are putting progression in that content, why? Incentive, because heck, they spent money on producing and balancing it. That's not going to be played by the majority.

Oh and the argument of money on time capsules is probably a better suited of "now" rather than "later". You get free stabilizers during the daily rewards. You eventually can get all the feats from older time capsules. You of course would have a mountain that came out in the process, but hey, "now" vs "later", right?
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You realise I'm the one that heavily railed against Jack when time capsules came out for the exact reason you state, lest you forget, or perhaps you were on one of your game breaks, I don't know... that's where the whole perception meme came from, because of what Jack said to me on a stream.

What were talking about here though is just not the same thing, these feats don't go anywhere and unlike time capsule feats they actually get easier in time, not harder, such is the nature of how this game works, even with the clamp.

People like to say feats are impossible in clamp, but typically present little evidence to ever prove it and when an issue actually does arise it typically does also get adjusted.

Feats are just simply easier the older they get, including elite feats, that doesnt mean though that you can just stroll in to the content like a brainless ameoba though, you still have to try, so in that regard will 'everyone get them', of course not, will more people get them in time, absolutely.

For those that don't they're so statistically insignificant it's of no consequence if we're talking what 3 DLCs a year and maybe what 3-5 SP each one it's just utterly insignificant given the return from SP at the stage they'd even appeal as important to the player.

No, I actually think this is stemming from a completionist attitude giving kickback at the prospect the content is currently to difficult.

Yes it is difficult, it's meant to be, but I'm not sure why you're complaining, it's far worse when they make entry default elite to difficult and lock you not only out of those feats, but the elite gear too.

These super sweaty players need some content to vent out in, this provides it and the reward is pretty minimal, it's not worth losing sleep over.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I'm sorry, but you are arguing one thing and saying the against it in the same post. You are against the time capsules, which you can get it for free if you waited forever, but things that are incapable of acquiring, even if you threw money at it, is okay? Que?!?!?!

I do agree, sweats need something to do for that first week then complain there is nothing else to do for the remaining 12-19 weeks. Keep in mind, which are the vocal minority and the silent majority and who actually puts money into the game. I can guarantee it's not the loud ones. So why are they being catered to? Because they are the loudest??
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The next Elite Plus should literally be impossible at the start. A speed hacker trap. That would be interesting. The devs can put them all on blast and denounce them with an epic ban in a livestream. I'd watch that for the lols.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Bans only have meaning if they are permanent. We all know how long bans last in this game when it comes to mass exploits/cheats.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Im not doing that at all, you just believe I am because, you think they're the same thing, whereas I do not think they're the same thing at all.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Thing is, even if I do want to get them, they are (at least TSWe+) unobtainable on my platform (Xbox) due to many different reasons. They won't re-adjust those instances by platform. Also, at this rate, the content won't be looking much different after clamped, either.
    • Like x 1
  16. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Yea remove elite + SP the only SP that requires skill but dont touch TC SP that requires money :)
    Lets make from this game even biger joke after all max SP gives you only 5 % advantage and its not worth to waste time and money on it.
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I hate adding feats later on in the dlc.
    • Like x 2
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I'm just using your logic on "now" and "later". The Elite+ feats aren't "if you can't get them now, you can get them later" as the difficulty doesn't change, where the Time Capsule content is something if I want it now, I can throw money at it OR I can just wait until later and get them from my daily rewards. The concept of why both exist is the same, incentive for opening/running content. It's the reward that is NOT the same as I can't just throw money at Elite+ and get them.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

With respect you're not getting time capsule feats through your daily log ins, you simply do not get those feats in that manner because of the odds, even the quark vendor is priced in a manner absurdly expensive so as to compel a player go spend or rely entirely upon someone that does.

Elite+ feats do not require the input of money, or realistically require you to gamble, theyre not actually remotely the same thing, at all.

Also you say the difficulty doesn't change, are you saying now that players don't progress and content doesn't by virtue get easier than when released, bold call, wrong of course.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...remove Feats from TCs too. I'm down.

The big difference is that no matter how hard it is to get TC feats, you don't need 7 (or 3) other willing and capable people, who are available at the time, to try the feats. Don't forget...while today E+ might be 'easy' to find a group capable and working on them, good luck coming up on these feats in a year or more.

And it's The Atom. "Luckily I'm Smart"....yes Atom...that is lucky indeed.
    • Like x 2