Confirmed Elite Weapons buffing might but not precision.

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Illumin411, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I bought the elite (277) Dual Wield weapon for DPS role today. When checking the stat window after seeing the circular proc animation under my character’s feet, I noticed that my might stat was increasing the appropriate amount and for the appropriate duration but my precision stat remained unchanged. I verified that the elite weapon proc was the only active effect. I then tested this under all of the following conditions with identical results to what I just described above. All testing was done without any active buffs or effects, either in Patchwork Themyscira Open World or inside the solo queued from the On Duty tab.

- Proc with weapon combo
    - Proc with weapon tap
    - Proc with tray ability power
    - Proc in combat with attack hitting an enemy
    - Proc out of combat with attack hitting nothing
    - Neck armor with Relentless Precision mod removed
    - All affinity granting armor removed
    - All armor removed
    - All artifacts removed
    - All augments removed (was using Wonderverse precision adaptive augments)
    - SP respecced to 0 allocated
    - Weapon removed from all armory imprints
    - Weapon returned to armory imprints
    - While each of the available weapon white mods were installed (individually).
    - With Wonderverse flex soder buff
    - With Compound Omega buff
    - in Troll role (vit got buffed)
    - With a few random weapon styles different from my current style (misted double short swords)

To recap, the buff effect for the elite dual wield DPS role weapon was proc’d in each of the above conditions and each time My might stat increased by 2% for the correct duration before returning while my precision stat remained unchanged. I also asked a few leaguemates who also have an elite weapon for DPS role to do a quick test and each one experienced the same results, no precision buff.

Considering the weapon description, information shared about it while on test server and the Current Abilities window specifying that it should be a buff to might AND precision, I personally am assuming this is a bug and not intended. However, one does not need to possess the gift of clairvoyance to predict how the timing of this bug will only compound and exacerbate already-circulating conspiracy theories surrounding precision DPS in wake of the recent changes to Flurry Shot, Doomspin and the Relentless Precision neck mod. I guess what I’m saying is, y’all might wanna prioritize and jump on this one. Pitchforks are bad, mmmkay?
    • Like x 4
  2. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

not working for me either
  3. Batuba Developer

Found the bug internally. Currently testing a fix
    • Like x 3
  4. TheEnquirer Active Player

Batuba, can you look into reworking / fixing the elite weapon stat perk? I'm a battle troll and damage is my primary focus, but I'm receiving Vitalization when I switch to Troll role, even though I bought the DPS Elite Weapon for those specific dps stats.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Awesome, thank you for jumping on this one Batuba. It’s much appreciated.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I love battletrolling whenever there’s an opportunity to do so which is pretty rare in groups. I did hold some hope that the weapon’s mechanic would be able to detect your actual primary stat based on how you’re specced, regardless of role. However if I was a betting man I’d have bet pretty hard that it’s tied to role and as it turns out, I’d have been right. I suppose if there’s a silver lining, while it would have been nice if it worked well with hybrid roles, you can at least be thankful you’re not a resto based fire tank. They get the short end of the stick every DLC.
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

Also it doesn't count for 4th elite affinity bonus ( type D)
    I just bought it for my villain hl troll , took elite hands off ,while wearing the weapon, type D elite affinity bonus didn't appear.
    I put my elite hands back on, the Type D elite affinity bonus was there...
    I also heard that elite neck and elite rings also are bugged, don't count for elite affinity bonuses.
    can you also check on that?
  8. Batuba Developer

But it works for the other types?
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

On my tank I have the weapon, neck, and rings... plus the OP legs and waist from BOP and Metal: Part II, respectively. Everything else is drop gear. My Types A, B, and C affinity mods are lit up. Hope this additional data point helps. :)
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I currently have elite weapon, one elite ring, Op waist and OP legs equipped and no other affinity bonus granting gear, so four total, and both Affinity A and B are activated as they should be. I do have a leaguemate who was saying in League Chat yesterday that his 4th affinity mod was not activated but that it should be. I wasn’t in proximity to him to inspect and visually confirm what he was saying though.