elite penitentiary(question)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vermelho BR, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Vermelho BR New Player

how do you prevent amazo from using the shield or take off his shield faster?
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

He will only fully shield if someone is in Healer role. No healer, no shield. He will Defense buff if someone is in Tank role. No tank, no defense buff.

If he is shielded you just need to break it down. If he is defense buffed you can debuff with a Troll or by using Heartbreak (Valentine's Trinket Pet).

It's easiest to beat him with 2 DPS, if you have trouble run a shield for that fight. Good luck!
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

2 dps is definitely the way to go in there. If you e got a sorcery friend, have them use the polymorph super. Turn him into a dog and the fights over before atom bot even spawns. We've done it before my godwave came off cooldown before so that's somewhere near 25 to 30secs
    • Like x 2
  4. kingmonkey Active Player

I've never used Polymorph, and just assumed that any boss would be immune. I'll give it a short today and see how it goes. Maybe see if I can get a screenshot.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As long as nobody is in healer or tank role he won’t get his shield or defense buff. When I queue in with someone in heal or tank role I always wanna tell them to switch. Then I think it might be an alt that only does support and also remember how much I’ve preached about letting people play the game they want to. So I just role with the punches.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

Kill him before he can put up his shield, very simple strategy :D
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It goes up pretty immediately if someone is in healer or tank role to start the fight. Though that does make me wonder if it would still go up if someone switched to healer mid-combat.
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yup, maybe dominance affects it which is why it doesn't work on alert and up bosses? But it will knock queen diana out of reflect too if timed right. Have done that a few times.
    Back on topic tho, it'll transform him and heatwave, have had to do it twice to both before while running with tanks trolls or healers instead of just 2 dps. I was going to try throwing my extra sp into getting my dom at 100 and seeing if that'll make it work on the alert bosses. I'll report back since I'll probably have time to see this weekend.

Edit: since you're also sorcery, my mainstay super is polymorph. If you juice up/ drop supply/ pop soder and have a good buff troll, it crits for 120k and has 4 or 5 chances to crit. Plus I pop godwave prior to buff quislets big attack. It's an unloved super but one that works incredibly well. Poor choice with pied piper's arti tho so haven't/ won't bother with tac swapping that in
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hmm, that to me sounds like somebody forgot to switch on the boss-level form transformation CC fail parameter. Unless there is something very intentionally unique about that power, applying a form transformation CCon a boss shouldn’t ever be possible. Between OP gear and a lot of healers speccing dom after resto due to the healing algorithm, there would be plenty of healers weeeellllll beyond the minimum dom threshold. I don’t spec any dom on my DPS and my taser pull has been yanking the adds around since the first time I ran QPe day 1. Then when you consider how many mental players have ran it in a full troll loadout and the 28K+ dom that goes with that…. Even if the bosses alone were simply set to have a much higher threshold, if this was an intended thing, I feel like more people would be aware of it throughout the bosses in the game and I’m sure at least some would spec to take advantage of it.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I queue in with someone in Tank or Healer I will generally say 'if you are going tank/heal for my benefit, you can DPS if you want'. If they want to do that role, we'll get it done...just slower...but I don't want them running in role only because they think I might need it.

As long as everyone is lunging right away, any combo can get it done, so I don't sweat it anymore.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll have to try this. I've gone in w sorc before and generally like popping GS. Slower but more constant, and I get a few heal ticks if my partner isn't lunging quickly. Poly-ing Amazo sounds fun though. Might try that later today.
  12. kingmonkey Active Player

I gave Polymorph a try today, but I was running with a CR330 villain who had only one piece of elite gear. The fight... it didn't go quite as smoothly. I'll give it a shot under better circumstances tomorrow.
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It does.
  14. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

As was said before it only activates if someone is in the healer or tank support roles so for that fight I stay with my healer armory but d-pad up to switch to damage role and use watcher, cod, wod, ior, rejuvenate, and ritualistic word and switch my weapon to dps dual wield. Or on my tank just use a standard earth dps loadout switching crystal for brick.