ELITE CONTENT!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, May 30, 2017.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

If Devs actually made elite content hard and made elite gear stats better than the regular gear. More of a increase than wat it was originally. This could help the game.

Devs could remove the double loot lock for elite and regular. Each raid can have their own lock. Because of the stats increased from the gear, the players will try the raid and those who do complete it will replay.

And it will keep us busy.
    • Like x 4
  2. RNGesus New Player

Sadly I don't think the devs are gonna make content harder just for the simple fact of the people who cry on the forums asking for a nerf.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

The stat boost comes in the form of the elite generator mods the gear needs no extra stats.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Elite Content will never be Elite lol.
    Those days were very very short lived.
    • Like x 3
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

Elite content definitely needs to be much harder. I'm personally fine with the Elite rewards though. Maybe if the style feat gave some points it would be better, but that won't happen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Keep generator mods. The purpose of the gear Stat increase is too make the community WANT TO try to beat the elite raids. Keep in mind with stats matter getting closer we will not be doing the damage we do now. Elite gear should actually be better (stats-wise) than regular gear. Keep all mods
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

No its been that way before and it doesn't motivate people in the way you think.
  8. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Elite needs to go bye bye. It's rehashed content full of one shots. You die your dead. Vendor gear overpriced. No feat attached to style feat. Same gear style with a glow stick on it. Need buy Affinity mods which are outdated and are crap. Going to add renown and make it crazy now, renown page beware! Elite raid gets loot locked by reg raid. Raid progress resets regardless of loot locks. Bugs with loot drops leaking into the other duplicate map (see ttb/ttbm aquaman). It's not new content but it's tallied as content. Not easy to make a group for. Not played enough to care to run it. Once renown is gained, the whales stop feeding. Once feats are obtained, the whales and pugs stop running it. Has no storyline progression in it.

There's a list for ya.

If they want to add some fun into the game, then they should combine the mechanics and balance the damage and stuff. This way it's not easypeasy but has mechanics and keeps you on ya toes. It's like pzr/pze 2nd boss, all they need to do is add the blue crystals and reduce the damage so it's still deadly as it adds a mechanic and awareness. Olyr last boss, add the bird for that extra fun.

Imagine league hall lockdown raid with an elite version: reg has no artifacts aoe, no boss red aura, no first boss aoe; elite has all that stuff. No! It's all in one and requires skill at level to complete as there are several mechanics and situational awareness to avoid high damage to stay alive and beat the raid. This elite crap just separates the feathers from the bricks.

#removeelitecontentfromgame
    • Like x 1
  9. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

people who like challenge will seek out harder content without being bribe because challenge itself is the reward.

so if you offer "better gear" as a reward for the harder content, people isnt really doing it because they enjoy hard content.. they are doing it for the gear. This will only create more 'i'm better than you" or "elite gear or GTFlukO" elitist craphole.. that will only make the problem worse..

elite gear need to go but we need more elite content for people who actually want a challenge.. if you want to reward people for doing elite content, give them exclusive style and title as bragging right or make it drop double loot.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not true, not true. Prime battle ground is a great example. People sooooooo wanted to complete this, just for a better weapon. Most people could not finish it without glitching. Months later, people could still not beat it. They had to get weapons from dawn or vengeance raids. If the reward was worth it and our generator mods are not worth it, more people like myself would do it. Depending on what they do with the revamp and what happens to the affinities. I still might not do them. Most DLC's do have elite feats, but not that many. I can miss a few 10 and 25 point feats and keep multiple hours of my life. Again, if the reward was worth it, I'd be there.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

They can't even motivate me to login now, so, making more "Elite" content harder isn't going to motivate me to login either.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

The last time it was that way people were spam replaying the 1st 2 bosses of elite thrones to get that elite gear. Spending 87 replays to fight only 2 bosses and not finish the raid. I think it clearly motivated players. The broken stuff and glitch in thrones caused a lot of problems tho. But if ya remember that glitch couldnt be done on pc. And i still knew a bunch of pc players spam replaying the 1st 2 bosses. Actually a few of em were my league mates :p
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Elite content should be elite. Should be hard. Every time this discussion comes up people who want easy content say im fine with elite having the challenge and i would never ask for elite content to be nerfed. And the opposite happens. Those same people then request that elite content gets nerfed and want to breeze through it on day 1. Easy=boring. There should be a mix of easy and challenging content so all skill levels are covered. Wont ever happen tho because people want difficulty equivalent to a mobile game :confused: Maybe we should have 1 button raids. Queue in, push 1 button and the boss dies. Get your loot and use the portal to leave. Sounds amazing doesnt it :rolleyes:
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

And the beauty of it was that some pieces were tied just to the last boss so you knew who done it (and got lucky with the drop) and who just spammed the first two bosses over and over again ;)
  15. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

U are absolutely correct. I forgot about ppl spamming first and second bosses. I didn't like it but u can't stop everything. I at least wanted to try the last boss. But that's just me because I don't want to leave nothing left on the table
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

I had league mates who tried the last boss. I did also, i never replayed it tho. But we all know that raid had a lot of issues and the devs themselves even came out and said elite hades wasnt intended to be beaten. People only did it after they nerfed em. I think some groups didnt try fighting em cause they knew he couldnt be beat at that time and they felt it was quicker to kill the 2nd bosses and reque and reset it again. Imo it was all kinda cheesy. But it does prove the point that people will chase elite gear if it is better then the normal gear.

From what i remember it was changed because of people on here saying it wasnt fair that they couldnt get that gear. Ive never understood the entitlement mindset. When i could beat paradox i accepted i wasnt good enough. I could get better or stay the same and beat it later when it was nerfed or i was overgeared. But even now people feel they need the elite gear, that they deserve it. Even tho it really doesnt do much and elite content isnt all that tough. I see me paying my sub as i get to play the game and thats all. It doesnt mean i get every single reward. But thats just me.
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

like when people claim "they deserve the best gear because they beat hard content"? that kind of entitlement?

if you tell me that "i enjoy a challenge" and then the next is "i deserve to be reward for doing said challenge".. sorry to tell you that you dont actually enjoy a challenge cause the reward is what you really after.

as i mention all the time, people who really enjoy a challenge will do it just because they can as the challenge itself is the reward. if you think otherwise, sorry, you dont understand the mindset of people who will play on the hardest difficulty on a game or will play on a handicap (like hunting highest difficulty monster in monster hunter without armor or playing GoW on the very hard difficulty without upgrade)
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ouch. Um, categorically not true, I'm one of those people and I'm always telling them to make elite content harder for you guys.