Elite Brimstone Excessive Stuns and Some Blocks not Counting to Survive Explosion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Some blocks are not counting when brimstone does his explosion and his source hands/ claps are excessively frequent, with it being about 2-3 seconds between stuns. It makes getting a whole rotation off impossible in the elite duo. Pls adjust as necessary. Tks!
    • Like x 3
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Haven’t experienced the blocks not counting.

I think the stuns are intended and you’re supposed to do the bulk of the damage when prompted.
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I've never had issues with the block, but you get a much shorter window to react than when doing open world bounties. You're probably just too caught up in your rotation to stop quickly enough.

The stuns are annoying though.
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Glad its not just me, was beginning to piss me off
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Getting the block prompt while I'm doing small hops is usually what kills me. Even if I block in time, for a few frames after touching the ground, the game sometimes don't register me as blocking.
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im not the only one having this issue, friends and league mates are having the issue as well. I've seen it happen multiple times, but yeah go ahead and make assumptions shall we?
    • Like x 2
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Don't rotate. Be opportunistic. Celestial barely gets a look-in there to get a combo off, so I switched down to a single-shot only mix.

Blocks do count, but you have to be SO fast. I literally just hold block and pop out every now and then to throw a quick hard-hitting instant, preferably with a DoT, and that feeds off my PI. Bring a Shield.
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Luckily, the button for breakout and block are the same?
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Multiple DOTS are your friend.
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

There isn't really any adjustment needed to the content, but rather the players need to adjust to the content. Rework your loadout, and it's not too daunting.

It's not as easy as QPE, and I'm glad - that was so piss-poor easy it was a joke. The Devs have listened, and now we have a playable, but not stompable DuoE.
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yknow what sucks against brimstones BS rng? Absorb Heat, that has been broken for a multitude of years now where it randomly wont let you cancel it... this is 1 of those fights that my power turns on me the most, getting me killed due to an old bug
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Not really a fan of the brimstone fight. I had runs where I am in and out fast but there seems to be a luck element on when all the eruptions happen and how they get placed. Just had a run where 6 where place so it was impossible to get out. If your in there with a none damage role like a heal the chances of a eruptions getting you is higher as the fight is dragged out or brimstone will stop you when you need 2 block or move. This dlc is really mechanics heavy and unforgiving in some places even in reg.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I've had the occasional one kill me despite me blocking, so I can verify it happens, it's similar most likely to that bug that would ocassionally cause Sinestro to kill you even though you were in the shield.

What's more fun is when you're on the last phase and the adds are all out and you go to block the last one only to get killed by a well timed block break from an add, at that point you're just.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

Adding another problem to this I've just experienced, sometimes his Smoldering hand attack where you get pinned to the ground under a hand and set on fire, the fire never stops at times until it just kills you. I've had it happen multiple times today.. the attack happens so fast when it bugs to where I don't even notice getting pinned or anything, but the fire is still on me with no way to stop it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This happens because the heavy DoT is supposed to only stay on you until you break out of the attack, but if you are hit by the attack while immune to cc effects, the DoT just stays for a really long time. This bug has been a problem since the Onimar Synn fight in Thanagar and the original elite Brimstone fight in BoP.
    • Like x 2
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

From what I can tell the explosion is based on % of his health. When adds spawn o just ignore boss and burn down adds so that there aren’t any adds for the explosion. Haven’t really been having any issue with it personally. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist but I personally haven’t ran into it myself. Lucky I guess. But from what I tell most of the stuff seems controllable.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, that is correct, there are 3 explosions 75%, 50%, 25%

The issue with the adds is usually during the last block, once you're past that you're fine, killing the adds is sensible, but...

You and I both know that's not how PUGs operate and in fact, the burn from effective DPS can be high enough to cause explosions to stack, coupled with a case of too much pew pew pew, which isn't in and of itself a bad thing, issues such as being block broken on the explosions can and do happen.

It's not a content issue and I wasnt seeking for an adjustment, if anything I was having a bit of a laugh about it :D
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve been lucky enough to have gotten bad dps in my runs so I tend to be able to kill the add myself to ensure that no adds are left lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Hit me up later lol, we'll run it and get block broken together :D