Eliminate Stabilizers event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Brit, May 28, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

Day after day, I log in to do my Stabilizers, and I get AFK partners. Whatever. I take it.

Now today, after 11 hours of server instability so intense that tons of us are still incapable of logging in, and with the team apparently content to go home for the day and just call it 'good enough', now I get the privilege of missing out on my Stabilizer event for the day.

That Stabilizer event is one of the Paid Benefits of my subscription. Missing it for one day nets me the same numbers as if I was Premium for three days. It's small. It's stupid. But when many days that Stabilizer is literally the only thing that makes us log in for a game where we've exhausted all the content for the week, taking that away approaches one of those 'final straw' moments that causes people to snap. Especially when this is just the icing on an instability cake of being unable to login, on top of months of d/cs that occur roughly every 30-45 minutes.

But I digress. The Stabilizers event.

- Stabilizers is ridiculously easy. It's utterly failure proof.
    - Stabilizers is incredibly fast. It does not require any significant effort from the players.
    - Stabilizers is a frequent area of complaint, flooded with AFK players.
    - Server issues preventing login then deny players one of the paid benefits of their subscriptions, in the form of the bonus stabilizers.

The solution is honestly pretty simple. Let's just eliminate the thing altogether.

Just automatically award each player the appropriate number of Stabilizers based on their subscription status right at the start of each month. Just add it straight to the account, the same way you do our monthly replay badges. There is no real reason for us to run a 60 second duo, stuck with an AFK partner, when the unstable servers will crash us just for queuing or zoning, and the unstable launcher won't let us back in. It's tedious at best.

Just get rid of the instance all together and let us claim our monthly Stabilizers just like our Replay Badges or Daybreak Cash.

I'll survive without the one piece of furniture and the small amount of Nth Metal, in exchange for not having to group with AFK players.
    • Like x 25
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

You do have a point but as we all know it means very little in the grand scheme of things.
    • Like x 1
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Probably not going to happen. The AFK players are starting to become a real problem though.
    • Like x 3
  4. BackintheSaddle Active Player

Are they AFK because of game issues, or just too-lazy to sit in front of their tv and press buttons on a remote?
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

My favorite is when i go into the mission and they spend the whole fight sending me a tell ab how my outfit looks like danny phantom

Im not consistently legendary so i cant really speak on the rewards but i do know that most games give log in bonuses for just logging into the game ( smite is an example) & stabilizers would b a perfect log in bonus for dcuo... often i log in and forget to even run beside when a new capsule is dropping
    • Like x 1
  6. Anri Myst Active Player

While I've not had to many afk players in the stabilizers, I guess I've been fairly lucky in that regard. I usually just blast through it with my highest cr char quickly and don't care if anybody helps. I have consistently had the afkers in every seasonal event instance I've taken part in after they have been out for a week or so.

I sometimes give the benefit of the doubt, maybe they are still loading in, maybe they are on the phone or answering the door etc. But I Have 18 chars, and when this happens daily to about 14 of them it becomes a problem when I can't vote kick them because I'm in combat.

At times I've seen them throw out a single range attack every minute or so because they think they might get autokicked for being away, but they otherwise do nothing until the second the eent ends.

I've now taken to rating how well they leech, giving scores out of 10, a few have even given me a thumbs up for the score I gave them at the instance proving they were there and just didn't want to help.

I admit the stabilizers and seasonal events are usually so easy you don't need much help if any, but its ridiculous that people take advantage so easily with them, joining knowing you aren't going to help is just simply taking advantage, surely thats what friends lists or leagues are for.

I imagine its because repeating the same event over and over is really boring, but theres not to much to do to prevent it.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Threads constantly pop up about AFKers in the stabilizer mission. I run it everyday in USPS and have never had this problem. Now the seasonals I get them once in a while
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I get the AFKers every now and again, not that often. I'm sympathetic when the servers crash and you can't get it done though, that's pretty frustrating.

I'm not phased one way or the other, so am not opposed to your idea so will show support, gave it a like.
  9. AerovengerReturns Level 30

Yes, it’s a waste of time and unnecessary for those who pay subscriptions.
    Let premium players do the duo lol but let us subscribers get them added to our accounts
  10. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

all they have to do for afk'rs is allow kicks in combat, this wont help in the stabilizer event but those things die so ridiculously fast its not an issue, seasonals however like this spring 1 yea allow us to kick in combat
  11. TheOracle Active Player

While I agree with this, their are more important things that I'd rather them take care of. Like the constant crashing, outdated/hated UI, functioning and bug free content....I could go on forever.
  12. Hollows Active Player

I recently had an "afk'r" who actually went inside the arena and sat down while I started the fight. As soon as I saw her doing that, I brought the fight to her dumb *** and flew up as far as I could go, forcing her to fight. After she killed all the mobs and the boss spawned, I joined back in. She sat down again. I brought the boss to her and she fought it while I flew back up.

I do this with every single afk'r dumb enough to spawn in. For those that don't spawn in but sit at the door, I leave. I know it's a quick and easy solo fight, but I'm just not gonna give the lazy pos's the satisfaction on my account. I mean, seriously, 60 seconds of pew pew and you go afk?
  13. BackintheSaddle Active Player

This community is by far the absolute worst I have ever seen on any game I have ever played in my 36 years of life. The biggest reason is that the game is f2p without a psn sub. Wish you had to pay like you do with xbox. Would filter out so much human waste of life. I would rather pay double a month for a sub to get rid of the garbage. Just like I pay more to go to a nicer restaurant in town to have a better experience.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Wait. So because YOU have a problem with stabilizers and people being AFK, and server issues, which happens..because technology is rarely flawless, you feel like stabilizers should just be eliminated. I have an even better solution; Don’t run the stabilizer duo. Ever. Then it’s like you got your way. Don’t try to ruin something that some people like (like myself) when you can easily just not do it.
    People complained that stabilizers cost money, so they gave us a way to get them for free. And then that’s a problem too. Lol If you don’t like it, and it’s that terrible, don’t run it.
    • Like x 1
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Incorrect. OP wants the stabilizers to just be given to you directly without having to do the duo. I wouldn't mind this.
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

Easy fix for the AFK issue is to just make it a solo event instead of a duo. It’s easy enough that people can solo it.
    • Like x 6
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

please see the link at the bottom of my signature. it's a guide on what to do with players that hurt your feelings.
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Nah it's easy enough to do even with AFK players. You're wasting your time getting upset about it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Reporting a player seems a bit harsh for a 60 second headache. Just put them on ignore and get on with it.
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

and yet if I opened a gamblebox and got a phoenix material...and you opened one and didnt...wed all notice wouldnt we...ever prettier capes are important parts of the game now...and always were even during the vendor gear era...the ONLY reason to have "2 Billion" on hand like the NOTmattNOTsuper players do...is the off chance someone can sell you the PRETTIEST cape of all...the one just for YOU!! make it a solo...why the H am i dependent on ANYONE else for my gamblebox currency