Electric Healing and power overwriting

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by blklightning, Mar 8, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

Last night, I had the pleasure of running a few raids with other electric healers. I always think dual elec healing is really fun, but can't help wonder...

Is there any way of finding out if my casting and stacking of Bio Capacitor is overwritten by the other healer doing the same thing? This would mean that we're never stacking, like we think we are, and the <35% heal surges would be seriously lacking. Since it's a delayed heal, it's not easy to simply observe... like Power over Time.

I know that we should be apart from each other while casting Electrogenesis, for obvious reasons; and it makes sense that the small HoT from Galvanize would be overwritten by the lastest caster.

But what about Bio Cap?
  2. BrotherMutant New Player

Only way I know to test easily is to get three friends together and do a 2 on 2 duel to test it. You and healer #2 set up capacitor at the same time, then let the other two friends attack one of you till the safety net(s) go off. If you see two healing numbers (in combat log would be easiest), then you are BOTH setting up a net (which would be PIMPS in my opinion). If you do try this, please try the Invigorate Super Charge as well (it has its own safety net), and please report back to here for your findings.
  3. blklightning New Player

Bonus to this would be to have one healer geared up and another w/ about half the resto... to confirm the numbers being seen.

This is ultimately a good test to know. Will work on it... sometime.
  4. BrotherMutant New Player

Very good point. Would avoid same number healing confusing things (not likely to happen, but could).
  5. Zeikial Committed Player

they overwrite each other, but it is possiable to get each group member in your raid with bio cap, altho it is random, it is possiable, and to be honest it doesnt matter, with the constant heals its unlikely your teammate would drop that low and sustain that amount of health while waiting for bio cap to decide to kick in, if a add has one shot power, then you will just be one shotted, bio cap or not, this is one of the changes electric healers are asking for, cause to be honest bio cap is just another bio surge with a slightly higher cost in power usage
  6. blklightning New Player

I disagree with much of this. I don't see it in anyway as a more expensive Bio Surge. Bio Capacitor can, and generally, should be stacked. I've seen health bars drop very quickly under cumulative damage and then spike to full or near full as a result of my stacked bio capacitor... one-shots notwithsanding (not even part of the discussion, as ANY heal can't save someone from a one-shot). Anyone of us who uses it expects the stacking to happen and not for our work to result in only a single burst.

So... we'll take last night's Veng run as an example. It was clear that the other healer used biocap and stacked it. But... my use of biocap cancelled her stacking and replaced it w/ my single cast and subsequent stacking until one of her casts hit and cancelled out my stack. This guaranteed that every member of the raid had a single cast on them, but rarely more than that when any of them should have been stacked for a full healh spike in the event of a rapid drop.

Electricy healers are the "Oh, sh*t!" healers of a raid. A stacked bio cap is a perfect example. It's essentially a non-simultaneous mass heal that reacts faster than any person relying on seeing the health bars drop... Safety Net.
  7. BrotherMutant New Player

WOW, I did not know this. And I love my Healer. Gonna test it myself now (no offense, but so far we got two responses that differ; want to be sure).

No one has said specifically, so I am asking again, HOW does Invigorate's safety net work? Can it be overridden by Capacitor or someone else's Invigorate safety net? Cuz if so, that needs to be fixed.
  8. blklightning New Player

I'm still game to now see if my single cast will not only overwrite the resto of another players cast, but if it will also negate the stack as well.

I would expect that Invigorate's safety net works the exact same way. I'd think that even my casting of bio cap would cancel Invigorate's net.
  9. Zeikial Committed Player

Bio-capacitor:

Instantly Restores Health to the most injured group mate and yourself; also restores Health once for you and up to 3 group members if their Health falls below 35% within the next 2 minutes

[Damage Role] Increases all Damage by 40% until the hit counter resets(5 secs)

Power Cost: 285

Uses to Healers: This move is similar to Bioelectric Surge, but also has the secondary effect of placing a charge on you and 3 groupmates closest to you that will heal them should they drop below 35%. Note, like the supercharge that has a similar effect the group mate must still be alive to receive the effect. This charge is noted by thin blue static around the ally.

3. Health Percentages- This is something new to the game and new to what an Electric Healer must pay attention too. Invigorate and Bio-Capacitor both add an effect that will Heal an ally should they drop below 35% so you want to conserve power if you know they have a charge and are close to that tipping point. Don't waste this effect by healing someone close to that marker as there is a reason it was given to us. Pay attention to who has this charge and the environment. If you know the ally is in a position to be "one-shotted" you may want to just go ahead and heal them anyway but if they are in the back of the pack let the effect do the work and save the power.
  10. BrotherMutant New Player

Can't imagine a lot of teammates liking the idea of me letting their health DROP so i can save on a little power.
  11. blklightning New Player

None of this, in any way, contradicts anything I've said. This does not address that Bio Cap can be stacked for larger burst heals when health drops below 35%.

Worse... is none of this has anything to do w/ my original question of power overwriting.
  12. Zeikial Committed Player

Your question has been answered twice, and a third time now, it DOES NOT STACK you just refuse to belive it, go ahead and good luck with your testing
  13. Zeikial Committed Player

and just like with every other power set in the game, your bio cap WILL OVERWRITE the other electric healers bio cap, or you new or something?
  14. blklightning New Player

Oh, FFS!

Actually, yes, I am relatively new... w/ my cr86 healer and cr83 tank.

When we enter raids, we hear trolls asking for vit, so that Power over Time isn't overwritten. We don't like having 2 natures, cuz of the pheromones (even though it can be done). 2 sorcery healers have to confer on who gets to use what power. Yet the electric healers never have this conversation. 2 elec healers STACKING bio cap is no different than wasting pheromones and cancelling Power over Time.

Now... what I'd like to know is why you even got yourself involved in this thread. You've contributed very little to the conversation other than validating an assumption of power behaviors. You didn't know how biocap works and proceeded to education me on everything I already knew about its features. You also didn't address my question. Rather, you gave your opinion of the power. If I wanted your opinion, I'd have asked. If I wanted you to validate my assumptions, I'd have asked.

I do have a question for you... Does this forum have an ignore list? If it does, PLEASE add me to yours.
  15. blklightning New Player

So.... I have to say that EVERY forum post I've ever read on Electricity has people stating that Bio Capacitor is stackable and should be stacked for best effectiveness. I'ts recommended in healing threads to keep it on cooldown. The majority of people who use bio cap do so with the belief that they're stacking for larger heals. This very website is where I got my information.

So... I decided to make a video to prove you wrong. To prove that it DOES stack. What I found is that it does not. I did a duel with a friend. I cast bio cap, let her take my health down until I healed. Then, I cast it three times, and she repeated. What I found was that each delayed heal was for just over 700.

This belies every belief that it stacks for larger heals, as most electric healers are under the assumption that 3 casts of it should have net me a much larger heal, but I have the video and the combat log to prove it.

Of course... what we've also seen in raids is health literally spiking to full after dropping to <35%. Is there a power that heals instantly for 2500 health and up? My very eyes have seen the spike to full, but this duel proves otherwise.

This merits more discussion and research. I apologize for getting super mad at you, but expect you to know that the premise my question was based upon is found in every healing and electric guide there is.
  16. BrotherMutant New Player

Ok, I MAY have a theory to test here.

First, if the Capacitor "net" (hereafter referred to as NET) only activates when you are below 35% health, I think I MAY have a reason two NETS might be firing off.

Here's what I think, IF your health drops below 35% (lets say you have 1000 Health at MAX, so you are at 349 when it fires), the NET fires and you get healed for say 200 health. Now you are at 549 and therefore NOT below 35%.

IF your health drops below 35% (again 1000 Health at MAX, and you are at 149 when it fires), is it possible that TWO NETs fire healing for 200 health EACH? That would bring your health to 549?!

You see what I am saying here? The only reason TWO (or more) NETS would fire, would be if after EACH heal your health was STILL below the 35% mark. Not saying this is what happens, but I for one think if it doesn't, it should. Be way more beneficial for toons with a high Health score (especially tanks, and really fire tanks). Again, proof would be needed, so you really need to prepare. You would have to calculate your health, double stack Cap, AND get hit by an attack that is guaranteed to bring your health far enough below 35% that ONE NET is not enough to heal you back to 35% or higher. Can someone test this and get back to me, because I swear I have seen double, even triple heals on me when my health tanked and I (like most others) assumed it was the other healer healing me?
  17. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

they need to update the ele powers cause it not really good
  18. AIpha New Player

You can't stack biocapacitor on itself and you can not stack it with other electric healers biocapacitor. The only time you will see instant double numbers from biocap is when you use it when they are below 35% and the first did not heal them above 35% then the net will go off and heal again consuming the net.
  19. Zeikial Committed Player

Kids these days, dont pay attention to what they read, I answered your question in my very first post, you wanted to know if bio cap stacked, it doesnt, i stated that, you got your panties in a wad because you disagreed with my opinion of the power itself, calm down your question has been answered multiple times in multiple threads, you created the argument, no matter what no states to you, you wont belive it and will continue to spam bio cap thinking it will stack, ohh yea cr means squat, i could care less about your two cr 83 or whatever toons you have, I also have 2 toons both at 89 both over 100 sp, relax dude its a game
  20. Scooby Active Player

When you saw the instant heal for "2500" that was most likely a crit heal. I've seen on multiple occasions a single heal crit for well over 2500 thus bringing anyone (except a fire tank) back to full health. There's a good chance the heal you saw was a crit heal of bio caps safety net.