Electric Dps :(

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ant Tao, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

It sucks how this power we paid for constantly gets the short end of the stick, DPS wise. The stacking with an already large DOT set up time and weak supercharges (circut breaker: why give us critical chance and damage weapon buffs on a might-based power?) need a revamp. GU50 did nothing. Blah* "scoreboard chaser" blah*. Constantly being out-dps'ed is demoralizing to the point where Id rather pvp all day. It sucks being loyal to electric. *Rant over*

My loadout is wired, shockwave, electrocute, electrogenesis, voltaic volt, and mega volt. Anyone know of a loadout that works better for them?
    • Like x 1
  2. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Blah!

Electricity definitely got a short end of the stick.
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

GU 50 power got shafted. Plain and simple. They rather buff than nerf a power. I find it interesting they are quick to update Mental. I see no issues with mental. It normally is able to keep up with Munitions, Gadgets, Ice, and Fire. How about Earth, Sorcery, etc...some of the lower hitting powers really need some love.
    • Like x 1
  4. Veritech Loyal Player

My healer toon is the only one I change powers on regularly. I just came back to elec (my original heal power) from sorc and think it's great.

You're not going to get the fluff damage numbers from hallway trash like some other big crit powers, but it's definitely not weak.

If anyone wants to be a scoreboard fool, try ice or something. There's more to the game than that rubbish.
  5. WinterHorseman New Player

Sign me up to be a "fool" also since I too prefer having valid power options to do the best damage as well.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

A scoreboard fool? It is the weakest dps power. When youre in a raid as a DPS, what is more important than damage? Excuses for the unbalanced powers.
    • Like x 2
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

My only loadout suggestion would be to add arc lightning before electrocute to spreadout the PI more. You do electrify with wired, but I think you need to use a weapon attack on each enemy to electrify with wired.

I agree damage is poor. You are forced to clip HB SF just to be mediocre. Not cool for being modded all might, and other powers don't have to rely on weapon attacks for a significant part of their damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Delta795 New Player

Sorcery does
    • Like x 2
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

Actually Electricity sits pretty well in the powersets atm as shown by the credible testing going on in another thread.
    So who's making excuses now?
  10. not_again Dedicated Player

Please review the entire thread before posting this information as a reflection of the whole game. These test are very strict and in no way demonstrate how the powers react on the live server. These are base numbers to start with to show how the developers have balanced the powers. The players are now recreating these within the same parameters to get the base numbers balanced. Then the discussion will turn to how to balance the powers based on the live servers and how each power is being utilized.

I love this information but wish it was not made public as it is being misused and causing confusion.
    • Like x 4
  11. not_again Dedicated Player

For a true comparison of powers start with the melee chart. Remove Nature, Electric, HL, Rage, Earth, and Sorcery. As these powers can not do there melee damage in any end game raid content. All other powers can do their melee damage at a safe distance. For the powers that were removed you now apply the range numbers and this is where the discrepancies come in.

So based on the charts above the DPS powers per the "Tunso Test" rank as follows:

1. Mental
    2. Fire
    3. Ice
    4. Gadgets
    5. Munitions
    6. Quantum
    7. Celestial
    8. Nature
    9. Sorcery
    10. Rage
    11. Electric
    12. Hardlight
    13. Earth

Also, the test above do not translate to live as they do here. Some power sets scale better. Some power sets scale worse. This is very raw data and until the proper steps have been taken there is no reason to advocate this data as the end all be all of balance.
    • Like x 3
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Fair enough. But know this will never end. There will always be "I'm X power and I can't beat Y power so buff me or nerf it".

If everyone was testing like Tunso they'd be finding the same results he does, not that test dummies and parsers are a true reflection on gameplay and/or player ability.
    I commend all the effort in that thread, but it will lead to dissapointment mark my words.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Noticed how Earth is always at the bottom?
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

Who did the parser info for earth btw?
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Rokyn at Melee range
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's my fault. I did Electricity range and maybe melee. I don't remember. Also, working on Earth range because I hate Scissor Kick.
  17. Fies Committed Player

Atleast Elec is fun to play.
    • Like x 1
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

Womdering how younput quantum at 6 when all those charts show quantum at ir near the bottom. I do remember seeing where quantum was the best power when it came to scaling but all the other charts say its damage is lacking. Just wondering as i havent dived too deep into the test results.
  19. bagofboom Committed Player

Ok, just a thought here, no heresy intended but maybe, just maybe not all powers should be considered for the dps role. HL is primarily a CONTROLLER power with the occasional damage being dealt to supplement the group as a whole. Electricity is a HEALER power also with the occasional damage being dealt to supplement the group's overall damage during content.
    Maybe not all roles should be able to keep up with all the others damage wise. When you make the decision to go Nature or what have you, you are making the choice to be a HEALER 1st and DPS 2nd. Not saying you HAVE to heal but at least be aware going in that you're not going to be top dps if that's the route you choose. You are still contributing to the overall success of the group and there are more important things then who has the highest numbers at the end. It SHOULD be about the amount of skill and benefit you provide to said instance that matters the most. In the DC Universe, the comics and graphic novels, not all hero's (or villains) are created equal. Which merits that not all powers in DCUO should be equal either.
    There seems to be this overwhelming desire to be the high scorer, as all mentions of OP and buff this and nerf that all hinge on the ending leaderboard and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Without going on too much of a tangent I'm afraid it's endemic of a bigger problem socially, but I digress.
    It's ok to not have the highest output point wise, just ask your tanks and healers and trolls. They provide and supply and support and contribute and are ALWAYS at the bottom of the list. But try to run the hard stuff without them!
    Damage is nice but the overall experience and success of the mission is the most important thing, in my humble opinion anyway. I welcome any thoughts or responses to the favor or contrary.
    Long Live DCUO!!
  20. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Many other people and I prefer DPS to other roles. Since every power has a dps role, they should have the same overall damage output with different mechanics. People enjoy dpsing use their favorite power, as character creation is one of the biggest aspects of the game. "It SHOULD be about the amount of skill and benefit you provide to said instance that matters the most." Damage is the dps'es primary benefit to the instance. Competitiveness between dpses brings more fun to the game between the many people who care about damage on the scoreboard. Some people actually want some kind of competition/challenge while going through content. It is a scoreboard after all. I dont want to just mindlessly run through the same instances simply for marks. That gets boring and repetitive. People grinded feats for extra stats just to be easily out-dpsed because of balance issues (applies to all roles).