Electric damage solo/duo loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LeagueOfV, Aug 25, 2015.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I've posted to some new electric players asking for advice today, but I forgot to mention that I'm suggesting a raid loadout for electric dps in those posts. I have been running the duo every day for my missing 112 item, so I want to clarify the loadout for solo/duos is different. Unless you are in a duo with a controller giving you power, it's not a good idea to spam shockwave clips. You will quickly run out of power.

An AM loadout for solo or duos is: Electroburst, Electrogenesis, Arc Lightning, Voltaic Bold, Electrocute, *Wildcard*

You can setup an immediate max DoT with EB->EG->AL->VB->EL-> weapon clip/VB

After your max DoT is set with the first VB, just clip your weapon attacks with VB to keep the DoT up and do burst damage in between Electrocute castings. The power regeneration is not as good as the old power back, but you should have enough power to keep going through most fights. When gearing up in duos you may need to take a soder or use your sidekick for power during boss fights if you get cc'd and need to use power for a breakout.

You can put Wired in the wildcard spot because it is part of the AM and will keep power regeneration going. Or you can use a shield or healing power (like Invigorate). It's nice to have some healing, shield, or power back when you are the only person, or one of 2 dps.
    • Like x 2
  2. Delta795 New Player

Usually in solo or duo with no controller I replace AL for wired and add circuit breaker. Using wired over AL primarily because it will add the PI + it's more power friendly as it's part of the AM while it buffs might and crit chance %.

If you want to get away form using AL and aren't comfortable with using super charge you can use Electrostatic Pulse Device consumables to lay down PI and add in RS for free added damage as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Van_Gho Committed Player

Thanks for this
    • Like x 1
  4. Jayross Well-Known Player

hey man, thanks for all your help to us newbie elec scrubs lol.

Question though, do you know of a good pvp loadout? I heard that elecs dots (and all dots) were nerfed in pvp but havent gotten into it to actually test that out yet.
    • Like x 1
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

No problem. Electric is my favorite power and I have stayed with it for about 1.5 years now. I have seen lots of changes from the intro of WM to the AM to the power back/regeneration mechanics. Even though we don't have a real melee/mid-range damage option yet, hopefully the devs will get around to it after the current damage "balance".

Sorry I can't help in PVP suggestions. I haven't used my own hero for PVP in over 1 year. I used to do OK with DoTs in 1v1 matches, but honestly would mostly kill people with WM combos while healing myself. I only do legends pvp to get the marks of valor and legend.

You can try asking in the Battle of the legends(PVP) forum. There used to be good help in that section. Good luck.