Electric a Why Try DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KDICHU, Sep 7, 2015.

1. mtanasas Well-Known Player

that being said, is Electric better off a pure precision or prec&might power?
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

My testing leaned Precision & Might. My parses dropped when I tried a precision build. Without having the numbers in front of me, DoT classes tend to be leaning Might for yellows and blues and PrecMight for reds.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

Actually, I was thinking they could just add back the burst to Electroburst, and make it mid-range. This would make electric a kind of hybrid burst/dot power, and give it a mid-range all at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This could help if they give EB damage equal to shockwave. They already have the range of EB "midrange" by extending it from 7 m to 12.5 m. Right now if you use shockwave or tesla ball you don't have a spot for EB in your loadout. It would be nice to setup an immediate DoT with EB, then use it for burst while electrocute and wired are on cooldown. But then we will all be stuck with the same dps loadout. I would like to see an increase for DoTs depending on how close you are. I think they already did an increase in quantum damage if you are in "midrange", and are doing similar changes for celestial. Just buff the DoT damage for midrange (< 13m), and also buff PI damage on electrified enemies in midrange (benefits shockwave, tesla ball, electrocute). That way people can use different loadouts.

I would really like testers to stop including melee weapon damage for the balance testing. I know the devs say will make more melee friendly content, but it's not a fair comparison. As long as other powers don't have to use melee weapon attacks for their max damage, don't include those attacks for balance testing. It's OK to have some powers rely on weapon attacks (although I may not like it), but only use ranged weapon attacks during the balance testing for fairness.
  5. Dr Blastwave Well-Known Player

1.) i do play electricity on my main toon check the sig.
    2.) i do have a rotation that is a little power hungry but it works for me and does enough damage to keep me competitive
    3.) Once again check my sig i am no where close to end game content but im still coming in second with people a tier ahead of me.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Nature can get a burst from Serpent Call, makes sense for Electricity to get something similar.
    • Like x 1
  7. DaveFelterbush Active Player

i was completely buffed up cr 136, its pathetic, but just the normal rotation electrocute,wired,electrogen,arc,vb,circuit breaker. but i put all dots out in that rotation left to right then spam solar flare into vb until my electrocute,wired,electrogen is cooled down which its nice because they all cool down around the same time. but on average im only getting around 28k parse no buff
  8. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I did a quick search out of every character, it's the 6th worse power

[IMG]

But I guess it gets much worse at end game
    • Like x 2
  9. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I do not play electricity but I will say their dps needs to be increased substantially. They seem to be power hungry and their output is way below other powers. But Nature and HL are still in need of substantial help as well.

The issue I have with the weapons being so important is that it puts those that actually need to use them at a disadvantage. These powers are depending on being lucky on getting the correct weapon to drop, while the other powers can use any weapon. (A weapon vendor exchange would be nice).
    • Like x 2
  10. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

It is pretty sad/frustrating When you are on a character and the groups says "we need some extra burn" and you are like "sorry, won't be much help....I'm electric (followed by inner shame and an emotional sad face)"

Although I am not a huge fan of DPS'n I do like having the ability if needed and with Electric it just doesn't really seem like an option at all.
    • Like x 3
  11. LF4ce Level 30

To me the worse part is having to shout on LFG and not include your power cuz regardless you having 210+ SP they will not invite you to a group if you say you are electricity. Then when before you get invited you pop a compound just in case you are dpsing so you don't buff anyone other then yourself, not counting on the endless stacks of Nitro you gotta use just to not let them open the huge gap between the worse player in the world and yourself.

Being fully modded, having 4 pieces of elite gear + the buff, 137cr and 215 SP and get beaten in damage by a 134 or 135 any power hurts. #JustSaying
    • Like x 2
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

GU 50 was an epic disappointment to electric players. There was so much feedback given to devs that was completely ignored. They made excuses about "no midrange", and "dps balance" using melee weapon attacks in the electric damage numbers. It's pretty insulting to anyone who actually plays the game to use melee weapon attacks in damage numbers for a real game scenario. Maybe some players like doing melee weapon attacks which is fine, but don't use them to determine the damage for a power for "balance".

Another variable not accounted for in GU50 is the CR differential and damage scaling on live. When people were around CR 126 electric could stay around 25% to the top powers. As the CR scaling went over suggested CR of 132 in current content, the damage for electric has gotten worse and worse. Nature and HL may be in the same boat, but I don't play those powers so I don't know.

Meanwhile electric is last on the list for the midrange updates. I'm not sure what harm devs believe will happen by simply boosting the current electric AM damage. We are only doing 1/2 the damage of top powers at max CR fully modded on live, so increasing DoTs or electrified PI damage will not cause any serious balance issues. If someone does more damage with electric after a buff using melee weapon combos, then good for them. In the real end game content that exists today melee weapon attacks are not a realistic damage scenario.

I know others have said don't worry about the scoreboard and just have fun, which I agree with. I don't believe electric, nature, and HL players are complaining about the scoreboard. The concern we have is that we want to contribute to our group in team play. We don't want to drag out instances for our fellow players or hamper a group in SM. Yes we can heal and troll, but it's not really fair to have damage powers be so far behind everyone else with no concern or attention from the dev team (GU 50 was pretty useless). At least for myself, I would like to feel like I'm not holding the rest of my group back when I dps.
    • Like x 4
  13. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

DCUO is definitely Power shaming us lol
    • Like x 1
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I hope you will all get the update you deserve for Electric users. I always been fire so I understand. I guess WM is better than the AM just like it was with fire.
  15. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

This, along with everything else you said.
    • Like x 2
  16. Stark23 Committed Player

If you want to contribute with your Elec toon you should be Healing. There is no point in DPS'ing with Elec in end game content until it gets another look. I gave up on gearing up my DPS role on my Elec alt long ago, that's strictly a Healing toon until something changes.
  17. DaBeama Well-Known Player

It's aggravating indeed. Has anyone ever see objects be attracted to a polarized enemy? I haven't. A compromises could be to turn off the weapon mastery ecxlusion.
  18. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Why hasn't there been a hot fix? I understand they're completely contempt with Nat/Elec/HL underperforming and that they've put out their new midrange balancing plan, but would a slight buff throw them off that bad?
    I just get frustrated sometimes :(
    • Like x 2
  19. Willpower Level 30

I don't know I am Electric DPS, and I was doing a PVP 4 man the other night (I rarely do PVP and I kicked butt. Got killed one time and then it was me against 3 of the other guys at once and I killed 2 of them and nearly killed the third one before I went down.
  20. L T Devoted Player

By the way, did you ever match Penryn's 20k dps at a Tunso test with Electric? I tried but the best I could get was just under 18k.