Electric a Why Try DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KDICHU, Sep 7, 2015.

1. KDICHU Well-Known Player

WTF is with electric DPS?
    IT is literally the worst dps power.
    It got a 1/2 but new AM and need redone my idead

On my 135/173sp Munition DPS I do 22k-26k Damage Per Second on 8 Targets League Hall
    On my 134/187sp Electric DPS I do 9k-12k Damage Per Second on 8 Targets League Hall

Do you see the issue?
    ive tried many different load-outs with Electric ive talked to many Electric DPS's and the thought is the same Not only do Electric DPS's have to to a full Load-out to start Damage but it also does not increase as you continue doing it, the power Regeneration is well Horrible no Disgusting no Laughable no all of them and more. Why Is This? Electric has such Potential the AM was fixed for a Non-Stop Close Up Load-Out just like Ice/Mental/Munition/Gadgets/Rage exedra. but the Damage was/ IS Nasty Bad

Beef it up im sick of it im tired of being on my lower sp less might toons doing more damage than my main.....its honestly sad.

1: Use Polarization Tree for New AM: Burst Damage and a fresh look
    2: Combine Polarization Tree for New AM and Old/Current AM
    3: Just Give the FULL AM including the Dang AOE a HUGE BUFF

3: Electrocute hits 300 x3 should be 2,000-5,000 x3
    Arch hits 2,000-4,000 x1 should hit 10,000
    Voltaic Bolt hits 1,000-3,000 x1 Should hit 15k (when electrified) (4k if not)
    Electro Genesis hit 1,000-3,000 a second x1 but a dot. Should hit 5,000-7,000
    Electroburst hits 2.000 x1 should hit 5,000-10,000
    Wired should Start the AM and work like munitions

the higher damage should obviously be after the rotation is completed once with electrifying damage and electro damage is active ALSO Electrification should last at around 3 seconds longer

Please Like and Comment Electric DPS need to be fixed Yesterday!
    • Like x 14
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I remember back when electricity and nature received their A.M. at first they were labeled the best boss killers bar none. Since then things have changed and now pet and burst powers rule with an iron fist. DoT's can still be effective but due to burst being quicker and harder hitting it will obviously outshine a DoT based power.

Celestial, HardLight and Electricity have fallen in the DPS rankings but are still some of my favorite powers sets.
    • Like x 3
  3. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I know how you feel, You can have all the best gear, best mods, over 9000 skill points and ur still garbage cuz devs hate Electricity, Why they don't add some super giant hit for the first Voltanic hit as 3rd DoT (comparable to Mass Terror/TimeBomb/EMP hit) so we can get some burst for adds, also DoTs dmg is still quite laughable. DoT should be increased/doubled while we stand in 12,5M range, come on devs JUST DO SOMETHING for the sake of how long this power is a joke, elec dpsing right now only calls for mercy and makes ppl cry,
    • Like x 1
  4. Dr Blastwave Well-Known Player

I dont have a problem with Electric DPS. It would be cool to get a buff but im still getting 2nd and im usully the lowest CR. The next time the devs touch any of the current powers will be to nurf them. There will always be that one power that people think is underpowered and needs a buff.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

what loadout are you using? I doubt electric is THAT weak.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

With a standard Shockwave rotation I was getting 20k+ dps at CR 126, and I have alot less SP. I was using switfy's tesla ball loadout and getting 23k+ dps parses. Are you only including the DoT damage?

Here is the thread with my combat parses and swifty's tb rotation video:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tesla-ball-vs-shockwave.258111/
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Can't be real, sure the damage can be inconsistent since there are many variables - DoTs, their refresh intervals, weapon combo, clipping it with powers and choice of powers used for clipping.
    With 130 I can get from 20-29k, depending on those factors.
    • Like x 1
  8. mtanasas Well-Known Player

i thought they would hot fix electric, since they only increased the range and improved the power regen from gu50?!
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electricity only does as much damage on average as the range mechanics of various abilities. The only thing that will bump up Electricity damage is using a melee weapon at melee. Electricity's actual powers only do approximate 14K of it's overall damage.
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

Unfortunately it has been this way for years. When electricity launched it had about 3 months in the sun as a top DPS power....since then.....ummmm its a great healing power...no really....it really is super great for healing....my alt has only been a healer for over 2-3 years now.....and I love healing with him...but like you guys I do wish I could run a solo with him....but that will never happen at its current state. Until the devs tweak it I will just keep running as heal....no other choice really. As a positive note though.....I ran both DC reg and elite as healer yesterday at 130cr....first time for that toon....and it was super duper easy.....first time I ever felt like hey I dont even need the new gear to drop because I can't see how healing this could be any easier.....and it was elite without a tank....some points without a troll as well lol.
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

....oh and since I am well versed in the ways of this forum and its posters....

Only one death in that entire elite run.....the secondary dps took an upper cut from hell (ha see what I did there lol) at the second boss early on before I could get a bio cap up under his hiney.....clear sailing death free trip from there.....although in reality it only further proved that this game doesn't require any more than 12k resto....but they keep giving us more lol.
  12. SnowStar Committed Player

I support this, I never see any electric players. We need a healthy power eco-system. I want to see electric in action
    • Like x 2
  13. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I would love to see electric buffed but it just had it buffed and we know the uproar that was on live.

If your in a run with an ice, mental, pet power, gadgets as an electric player you are coming in last. Burst powers reign in dcuo and electric lacks that in its am.
    Its also the second least used power in the game and that should tell you why. But powers are closer than ever before right mepps?
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Electric Melee nets me an average of 29K on the 8-targets. It not great but it's a little better. Besides deserving a bump on damage, it really needs midrange addressed. I'm betting it drops closer to 26K when switching to Explosive Shot and retuning the rotation. That's bad compared Ice holding on to 31K at midrange.

Weapon: DW

Setup: Electroburst, Eelectrogenesis, ArcLightning, VoltaicBolt/Wired
    Main: DualFlurry/Electrocute, DualFlurry/VoltaicBolt, DualFlurry/VoltaicBolt/Wired

Setup->Main->Main->Main->Main->Main
  15. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

This power set needs a chance to do some damage on a single high health boss,
    or some kills on multiple low health minions,
    before any other power set comes along and makes more damage in one rotation than you do in three.

We all know that Lightning/Electricity DPS is bad, if not the worse, for years now.

It simply suXX!!
    And the DEVs DO NOT care!!

:p:rolleyes:o_O
  16. DaveFelterbush Active Player

you can run solos with your electric toon, trust me. its all about the weapon for electric sadly. :(
    • Like x 2
  17. DaveFelterbush Active Player

and thats you using a weapon a lot, unlike ice where you use no weapon at all. i hit for 30k a second on 8 targets as electric. but I'm using HB and the AM
    • Like x 1
  18. LF4ce Level 30

This is funny! People like you saying the power is good is probably the reason they don't give attention to all the players begging for them to look into it.
    If it's so good and you have no problems with it, why don't you share your secret?
    The massive majority of electricity players are in agreement that it needs to be revamped and if you don't feel like it need it's because one of the three factors.
    1 - you don't play electricity in your main character or the one you most play with.
    2 - you found a very specific combination of multiple factors that bumps your number to an acceptable level.
    3 - you are not comparing yourself with the top DPS of the games.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Yeah, I agree it is. I don't think every powerset is meant to have a no-weapon option. I think that creates imbalances given how things scale, how/when weapons are distributed, and how to accomplish midrange damage in today's world with the official design of midrange not being added to the game yet. I'm hoping the official design of midrange addresses some of that. That said, I would expect powers like Electricity, Nature, Sorcery and Earth will continue to depend on weapon damage in the future.

I'm not sure under what conditions you've tested and got your numbers as some things have changed. My tests were at CR126 in the live spec. I'm guessing your 30K result is a higher CR which would make sense for your numbers. Otherwise your rotation would be interesting to hear.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The first mistake with Electricity is when they removed the burst from Electroburst. So to compensate for that, additional damage was added to Arc Lightning on non-electrified enemies. Problem with that is if you are running with Mental or Gadget DPS as they both can Electrify enemies. Electrogenesis was a truly unique power but that was done away with. Voltaic Bolt became much better though. Revamp of Tesla Ball was an interesting addition to the power set but not part of the AM.

The revamp of the Amperage tree was terrible for DPS. Overcharge was changed for the worst and is currently broken. Circuit Breaker had a good power reduction but it only buffs weapons.

So the AM as a whole lacks when you have adds come in to a fight as you must cast Electrogenesis, the AL, the Voltaic Bolt to spread 2/3 of your potential AM DoT. Oh the adds died already? Too bad.

So what can be done? Giving Ionic Drain similar treatment to Defile could help except that setting up the maximum DoT quickly requires all 6 spots on the loadout. The AM also requires 13 power points, so anything like ID would mean you would have to lose an iconic innate. We will have to see if there are any scalars that will happen with weapons to know what should happen. Electricity needs a lot more than that though.
    • Like x 4