EG7 INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JAN 1, 2024, TO MAR 31, 2024

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostknight, May 16, 2024.

1. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Looks like Daybreak & DCUO are the "golden goose" for EG7.
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

"Top tier global third-party brands:
    o DC Comics from Warner Bros. with continuing pipeline of content from blockbuster
    feature films and TV shows."

well now that's just funny :p
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I want a bigger allowance!
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Too Busy milking dcuo?
    • Like x 1
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's just insane how popular DC Universe is for Daybreak and how much population there is and income even though stats revamp isn't well received especially with the implementation of artifacts. Stats revamp was dead and pve was about to die before they decided to add artifacts neither were a good choice but something had to be done to save pve
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Perhaps it's more of a matter of the population in general not having that much of a problem with the issues you mentioned. You and those in the circle you converse with regularly may have problems with those decisions, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a universal sentiment among everyone.
    • Like x 8
  8. Wiccan028 Active Player

I'd argue it's perhaps more nuanced than that. I am pretty sure currently the money getting throw at this game is by people who want to be on top because that's their personality type. Which means that they will do whatever they can to make that happen. Problem is, to a degree that isn't fully sustainable unless you manage to get more people in with the same exact mindset.

That personality has existed in the game since it launched in 2011, I'd argue if they had retained more of their player base the game would be even more successful.
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Do you mean the Stats Clamp of 08/2021? Stats Revamp was in 2017, and it was by far the worse thing to ever happen to DCUO. The Stat Clamp is not liked by me either but I can at least avoid it by not playing EEG content.

I almost quit the game in 2017 because of Stats Revamp, and I would have if my sister hadn’t talked me out of it. The Stat Clamp of 2021, which we are living under now, had stifled my desire to try to progress. Progression is now literally gatekeeping to the next DLC or to play with certain snobs in Elite content. Thanks to the stat clamp, I don’t enjoy playing the game as much as I use too. Getting stronger & progressing was my main driving factor in the game and now that has been taken away from me.
    • Like x 2
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Stats revamp is the clamp you'll notice end game has always been clamped if you do not block one shots you will almost die moat of the time or even be one ahotted. All they did with early end game eps is set tge cr to the max of that ep. Being almost one ahotted or getting one shotted wanat well liked by the player base and it took forever to beat content without an experienced group up. We went from one shotting to being one shot it just to make a lot more money out of us it had nothing to do with balancing the game
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Once again the CEO of Daybreak is obsessed with making H1Z1 a thing. We get it. Fortnite beat you even though you were there first. Wanna know the reasons why Fortnite beat you? But nevermind let’s just milk DCUO for everything and add more microtransactions. This company ffs. :(
    • Like x 6
  12. CGEMINI Committed Player

BOOHOO. This game is still selling like it or not. With all the many things wrong with this game and it still prevails tells me everything I need to know. Y’all aren’t going anywhere even if they don’t fix anything. Stop whining they know what they are doing.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

In case you are wondering, as I know a lot of the people who posted in this thread didn't read the report based off their posts, but...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

These are the important parts of it. Daybreak as a whole is still the bread winner and the brunt of the money. It didn't specify how much of it is from DCUO and how much is from things like EQ franchise. It did say they were able to sell off the Planetside IP, which gave them a bump in money.

Note that Daybreak as a whole has been consistent across the board. (200 high and 181 low) It kinda amazes me that they still consider it as not reliable source of income. Even when Daybreak apparently lost money last year, they still threw it under the bus. Especially when Big Blue Bubble had the worst drop of all. But who knows how they like to spin stuff to their products.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sollace Well-Known Player

DCUO brings in just as much and so little content for DCUO, or even less. See how you're being thanked...

So finally, there's enough money to release new powers, it's about time!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

Eyy that's what they do with our feedback and suggestions lol
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not with mine. :cool:
  18. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

They way they are handling this game is more like "crapping rocks" then the "golden goose"
    • Like x 3
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

That does not correlate to game population, because the amount of people who throw money at the game is insignificant compared to the total population.

If any of those mentioned issues were actual issues, and not pseudo-facts that the other guy came up with because HE doesn`t like those aspects, then the game population would be much smaller.
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I am this personality type. I want to be at the top of what ever I do be it in real life or here on a MMO. I love reaching the top and enjoying the benefits. It was a big part of how I had fun in DCUO. I also felt the need to prove as a female gamer that I was just as good at playing as any guy. I still feel this need but it isn't as important to me as it was now that I am older.

I accept my fault in contributing to this madness financially, and I apologize.

Having said that..., I no longer push myself in DCUO nor do I go crazy buying the Replay Badges to get top gear the fastest any more. All because of how progress has been nerfed in this game. I admit, I was foolish for paying all the money that I did just to be a the top the fastest before everyone else, like I was in some kind of race to get the best possible CR. The launch of Episode 41 made my foolishness known to me and how all my efforts are in vain.
    • Like x 1