Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's not the drop rates. it's greed. there's nth detectors, exos, & bog-standard prom box styles being punted out for millions. it's blatant market manipulation by the self-same b*stards who got us to in this mess in the first place. & why wouldn't they? I know that they're in a pretty much impossible situation, no matter what they do it's never going to be "enough", but with the ( lack of ) action that they took, the devs made it perfectly clear these people can do whatever they want with relative impunity. they took a bit of money off them. now, they're gouging everyone they can to make that money back. but! it's not against the TOS, so there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

This is a prime example of the Golden Rule of Sales in action: Them that has the gold makes the rules!

In THEIR case, the "gold" is the items they want to sell on the Broker, and they make the rules (i.e. the price they want to sell the items at.)

In YOUR case, the "gold" is your hard-earned in-game cash, and YOU decide how much of it you want to spend for that item!

In the meantime, THEY are paying Listing Fees every time they list that item, so if NO ONE buys it at their asking price, THEY LOSE!

As always, YOU reserve the right to hang onto your money and look for a better deal from a different seller! ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Drownment New Player

Please, put a limited value on Trade cash, like its on broker, 10 bil a material on trade is a joke! And there is no other way to buy it ..400 capsules open and no neon material '-'
  5. delmonte2535 New Player

Hi i open more than 1245 new capsule and no neon please tel me y
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Rules of supply and demand imply that the more rare an item is the more it will sale for. Thus horribly low drop rates have a lot to do with prices. If the drop rates are more reasonable the prices will be more reasonable.
    • Like x 1
  7. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

Ideas for the economy:
    Option 1 - Reset all cash to zero and increase the amount of money you receive in game by a large amount. The more you play, the more money you get. Give rewards for most damage, most pickups, damage received, healing, etc. You basically get more money for playing your role well. This guarantees if you have a lot of money, it's legit.

Option 2 - Reset all cash, then flood the economy with cash. Make all players cash account bound and give all players the max amount of cash. Set cash limits for players and limits on the broker. Also, increase the amount of cash dropped in game to give players incentive to actually run content.

Option 3 - Make time capsules drop extremely large amount of in game cash. People spend a large amount of money on capsules and sometimes have very little to show for it. If someone spends $100 on time capsules, they can at least afford the item they want on the broker. This will also work with lower cash caps and lower broker caps.

I realize these ideas will probably upset some people who have billions but that's not the intent. I've had large amounts of money and have gotten almost every material, chroma and aura besides the void. Items instantly become overpriced in the broker and there's no need to have obscene amounts of pretend money, other than for a YouTube flex. I personally sell items far below broker and not with the intention of undercutting others. I make things more affordable for others. I have given away hundreds of millions worth of items and very rarely see others give anything to anyone.

These are just ideas, because as soon as the broker came back, it was business as usual. The business is old and outdated.
  8. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Resetting everyone’s money is not the answer.

Placing items on the market place for direct purchase is a much better choice. Get rid of the low drop rate time capsules and booster gold boxes. Or if you really want keep them, but include an option to buy the rare items at a higher but reasonable price.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Right, TIME'S UP, DEVS! The Buy/Sell/Trade Forum should have BEEN reopened by now! You're taking way too long to do it! :mad:

So, I just posted the topic I wanted to create about an item I'm looking to buy over in the General Chat Forum, and I recommend that everyone else start doing the same until such time as the Devs turn the dedicated Trading Forum back on! ;)
  10. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I agree with just putting stuff on the Marketplace, but when they did that, it didn't work as well as y'all think. They did it with some Materials, Auras, the new Lair Themes and Movement Styles, and those didn't sell well enough. People balked at the $10 price tags. The common person would rather spend $1 a 20-500 times for the CHANCE at getting it in less than ten tries, than just pay $10.

As for the person complaining about the current 2019 Holiday Collection, as I've said in multiple threads. Something will only sell at a price someone is willing to pay. Don't like the price, don't buy it. Go out and get it yourself if you can't afford the price of convenience. I finished the 2019 Holiday set, by activating the Alternate Army. Got a lot of the pieces, and traded my duplicates to others that needed them and had duplicates of what I needed. Put in the time and effort, and you can get what you want.

You can also use the Brit technique that she shared. Use alternates to build up event/content currency, have a $5 premium account to farm extra Stabilizers. When new "additional rewards" pop up on the vendor, or capsules come out, use the saved currency/Stabilizers to sell convenience to the other people who don't want to take the time to get things themselves.

Or... work hard/smart in real life, so you can have money to spend and get what you want.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  13. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Seems like they took the rarity issue which led to the cash purchasing/exploiting and doubled down on it by making some collection only drop from a single boss. Instead of having multiple nodes with a chance table there is now only one, and that one can only be done once a day without using real world dollars to unlock them.

Just go back to charging everyone a monthly fee and do away with all this rubbish.
    • Like x 2
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if I had to pick, I'd rather do this.
    • Like x 1
  15. Krytin Active Player

I have been a player for a long time near release date. And I took a long break from this game becuase of a few issues the dev's would address. Now I just got back to find the so called money glitch that the had to fix. Ok now I have cash on one ton and can't send it to another. But the dev's still haven't even come close to fixing the issues with inflation becuase of the constant gold sellers. So who else thinks dc must be getting a percentage of the transactions as in third party management. That way they can claim no knowledge about it and get free revenue flowing in.
    Plus why can't I as a member mail myself cash. Isnt it long past due for all of our toons to share ingame cash on the account. We share stabilizers why not the cash
  16. Noah Bawdy New Player

I never ran the mission where the exploit existed. Am I going to be taxed ?
    Also, when will we be able to mail cash again ? I have a Banker Toon that I use to spread my cash to my other toons.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I don't think the exploit was anything to do with any particular mission. If you were going to be taxed, then it already happened.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you'd be shocked how much misinformation exists in game regarding the tax though...

some people think it's a cap (it isn't)
    some people think if you had more than 25B they reset you to zero (they didn't)
    some people think the fact that gold spammers are back means there's another glitch (who knows)
  19. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I am going to be captain obvious here and say that the current event vendor with collections on it for several collections are now selling on the broker for 10s of M to 100s of M. People never check out the event vendors for the trade-able high level collections before just buying on the broker. Of course that still does not solve the drop rate for other collections.

I have an idea too. If the collection is beyond the relevance for an award because you are too high then reduce the source marks required. Paying 400 SM for a collection whose drop will not help you is not worth it. I always check the collections of whether I want the reward.

I would eliminate rare collections all together. That would increase the drops because they are equal with all the other collections.

Just random thoughts.
  20. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Question: is sending game cash of ANY amount to another player through email now verboten? I tried to send a couple million to a friend in need & kept getting a message that sending tthrough email wasnt available to my account level. But I'm All Access with automatic annual renewal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.