Earth's Earthquake SC Possible Oversight

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dogico, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

The head mod for Earthquake says 5% sc is returned on cast and then 1.25% per subsequent aftershock. Earthquake can aftershock three times so the total sc returned is 8.75% rather than the 10% associated with other 10000 supercharge. Is this intended? Also while testing numbers it looks like Earthquake when fully aftershocked does twice the damage of Entomb; imo Earthquake's base damage should be higher since it's the slowest cast time of any sc in the game (to my knowledge) and is interruptable.
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Well, since its a 100% SC when full aftershocked, it should do more damage than a 50%. But Entomb is still the better option to use for both ST and AoE. Entomb's only drawback is that its damage is all over the place in raids. Non-buffed sometimes it'll hit the boss for 500k, others it barely scratches 100k. In fact on last boss of COUr the other day, I did a supply/trinket buff hit Entomb and I saw a 90k hit. But I did the same thing on the Eye fight and hit just under 850k. That SC is all over the place at times.
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Atleast when you use entomb you know you will get the dmg you built time for. Cant say the same for neo venom that super change is by far the most unreliable supercharge in the game. At times you won't even get 90k off of it becsuse the bosses are doing all kinds of stuff now. like stopping or returning dmg or you have to hold block for 10sec or move from a one shot or pick someone up or go grab something. And you have to think about being countered all the time interrupted and stunned. I can think of 15 things that can go wrong with neo venom in the 15sec you have to do dmg with it. I bet you can't say that with entomb atleast u can use entomb 15 times in one boss raid fight not neo venom. with all the crap mechanics going on now entomb for the win for sure
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

5. Dogico Loyal Player

I am not sure the exact damage range of Entomb but based on eye tests it doesn't seem wildly inconsistent.

I know Earthquake does more damage than Entomb, my point was I don't believe it does enough damage. My tests came had Earthquake doing about twice as much damage as Entomb, even though Earthquake is significantly slower and has the potential to be interrupted. Also the whole not giving 10% sc back is a problem.

Those are all problems Earthquake suffers from, even moreso because it's an attack that can be interrupted, not a buff.