Earthen grip doesn't pull in alerts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DoctorP2, Feb 17, 2018.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

It's the strangest thing. My 224 earth toon's earthen grip pull works great in solos, duos, raids and open world content, but the minute I'm in an alert....nothing. It does damage, according to my combat log, but the stone hand doesn't appear, and there's no pull whatsoever. I've been testing this in lowbie content as well as end game...Trigon, Brothers in Arms, you name it...absolutely no pull, even on the weakest adds. Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on?
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Are you running in tank role or DPS? What is your dominance?
    Also.......
    At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower for crowd control effects to be effective.
    The recommended Dominance for an Alert, Raid or Operation is needed to affect opponents in that content when using power based control effects.
  3. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Running dps role and I suspected it might have to do with dom. I think when I checked it, it was a little less than 700, which isn't exactly stellar. What surprises me is that I can yank 224cr adds in Earth 3 open world with ease, but piddly little demons in Trigon (lvl 60ish?) are totally resistant.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's mostly because you are DPS role assuming you have DPS gear which is lighter on dom than tank gear.
    Try switching roles with the same gear & see what happens.
    Then maybe a bulldozer cola to get extra dom boost for 30 minutes.

Also,
    Single open world NPC's also have less stats.
    Stats go up on all NPC's in an alerts just as stats on all NPC's go up in a raid as well.

Here is the dom needed for some alerts T1-T6

• Tier 1 Alerts: 1000 Dominance
    • Tier 2 Alerts: 1150 Dominance
    • Tier 3 Alerts: 1350 Dominance
    • Tier 4 Alerts: 1700 Dominance
    • Tier 5 Alerts: 1950 Dominance
    • Tier 6 Alerts: 2200 Dominance
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Open world, solo, and duo enemies have no Willpower so you can control them even without Dom. In alerts and raids you can only control enemies if your Dom is higher than their Willpower which is shown as Suggested Dominance in the On-Duty Menu. If you can control enemies in endgame raids as a DPS without passing the Dom check, report it as a bug because that's not intended.
    • Like x 2
  6. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

All pulls are a freaking joke, bosses are immune, even Xa-Du can only be pulled a couple of times before it's ineffective (not that pulling him out of the light matters since he'll just heal anyway).

While we are talking about what is over the top stupid, why is just about every boss mob attack being an AOE, attack, farting or just moving a massive push/pull/interrupt. It's just moronic.

Sure you have super powers but you are to damn stupid to know how to keep attacking after being pushed the 5,000th time.

And what's the silly deal with the movement slowdown for any old reason, oops got to close some creature that 200CR below you but they threw a rock and now you're out of your fast movement mode.

Seems the same ineptitude is displayed here as the fake effort to stop cash sales. Honestly, you broadcast efforts to stop them but it's worse than ever. Would you keep going to the same mechanic that said he changed you oil but didn't bother to drain the old oil out before putting the new oil in? <Ignore the obvious damage from too much oil.>
  7. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

How are you 224 cr almost end game and don’t know the way dom works?
    • Like x 1
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

Its called a CR boost, crazy idea the devs had :)
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What does Dom have to do with pulls?
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Willpower of enemies...
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

/sarcasm
    • Like x 1