Earth Tanking possible aggro issues

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Lacedog, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

while running the t6 alert, i was earth tanking today with the new changes. there seem to be line of sight issues with jackhammer now where there werent before. i would jump into the middle of a bunch of amazons fighting and hit jackhammer to juggle/gain absorption/aggro. if an ally amazon was between me and an enemy, they would not be affected at all. that was not happening before gu37.

also, i would juggle some enemies with jackhammer, obviously hitting them with the might damage and the aftershock damage. once they were not juggled any more, they would immediately attack my allies.

another issue i saw was earthen grip acting a little funny. same kinda thing as jackhammer where it should have gained aggro but they attacked other allies. also, where i would definitely have pulled those same enemies before, they were not being affected by the power at all.

these enemies were not in the middle of an attack combo. they were attacked by me, the tank, first. i cant think of any other reason these occurrences were happening besides a bug somewhere.
    • Like x 32
  2. Radium Devoted Player

The second issue might have something to do with the first issue.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

my line of sight issue? if thats what youre referring to for my e grip problem, i should be more clear. an enemy right in front of me, nothing in between, wasnt acting normal with egrip, no pull, no gaining aggro, nothing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Sure your Dom is still over 1500 after your respec? That could explain the CC issues. Not the aggro, though.
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

2400ish, yeah i think that part is covered. it was actually a bit more than i had before the update, thats how i knew it was there.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, there goes that idea. I've yet to get on since the update. I'll check it out.
  7. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

I only experienced what you said from the last boss of the t6 alert
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

im mainly asking if anyone had seen any issues as well. the juggling of adds than immediately leaving me for an ally would clearly mean i had enough dom to cc. it also would mean there is also some kind of issue/bug here.
  9. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

Ive had an issue with earthen grip not properly taunting enemies
    • Like x 2
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

before with epicenter, i always jumped to make sure there were no LOS issues, and it pulled everything in range that could be pulled. but jackhammer always hit might damage on anything in range without jumping. (minus that "cool" new hop we do at the start of JH)

today we ran the alert no problems, but i wanted to clarify if maybe i was lagging or something, or there was a bug after the update.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

if you were having some kind of issue, first make sure you were properly geared/specced, then post here and upvote this post. its the proper way for the devs to take a look at the problem.
  12. Radium Devoted Player

Gotcha, just trying to troubleshoot.
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

yeah, it was pretty great seeing jackhammer in action, then having the issues i had. i was on a big high down to a little bit of a low.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Definitely sounds bugged, like the old aggro problem. Wonder if it got rolled back during the update. Remember, we had to damage a target, then taunt, for a while until they fixed it?
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

yup kinda what i was thinking too. hopefully it gets looked at soon.
  16. Clutch_GT New Player

Yeah eGrip is definitely off didn't have an issue with JH ironically but what seems to work is hitting an add with a weapon combo -> taunt with power. It's a work around for now.
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

yup, so it definitely sounds like the aggro issue when dlc 9 came out.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

that makes me curious if the other tank powers are having similar issues.
  19. Clutch_GT New Player

I think Ice is I got FF by Saint Walker hard even though our Tank did taunt him in AnB. Fire seems unaffected.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, though to tease out, because if players are hitting the targets before taunting, they won't notice. Same reason people weren't noticing before. Some folks lead with a weapon attack, like a lunge.