Earth tanking and taunting

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by HealerHollidae, May 9, 2014.

1. HealerHollidae New Player

Been building a earth tank recently and I've been reading in the role in general so power aside I understand that as a tank there is 12 second window to re grab a bosses attention.

My main concern is grabbing and keeping aggro. Is there any specific power that taunts over another or does any power use taunt. Lets say I throw stone for a single target or epicenter or earthen grip.. Wil this one power matter more than another?
    I know earth is based largely off of damage mitigation so when activating aftershock on said power will this grab aggro?

If anybody can elaborate on the role it's self that would be greatly appreciated
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

All tanks grab aggro the same way, pop a power and enemies within a 15 min radius will focus on you. Doesn't work for single target pulls (well it kind of does but not reliably) or single target taunts. And Earth is getting a revamp soon, so just mess around with it for now. Anything you learn about it could become obsolete in a week or two.
  3. HealerHollidae New Player

Yea I knew there was a revamp coming and that's why I chose it partly. But all info I found was outdated badly
  4. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Taunts work depending on the power. If it's an offensive skill, it taunts in an area centered on whoever was hit. If it's a utility skill, it usually taunts centered on you. One exception to this rule is that there is one power that will taunt only the single target that was hit. In Earth's case, it's Stone. This taunt also overrides other taunt effects, so if you hit a boss with Stone and another tank uses different powers for the mobs, you'll be able to separate them from the other.

With Earth, each aftershock also taunts the opponents, so if you spam your Upheaval/Gemstone Shield/Jackhammer a bit, you can guarantee that more adds will flock towards you.
    • Like x 1
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

for now use the pet tanking
    is the best way to tank for now
    after the revamp i think there will be new loadouts