Earth Tank pull problem

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LowFlyingMoon, Mar 31, 2023.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I ran Metal II: Damage Control alert twice on my cr390 Earth tank. Both times I tried pulling the first adds that appear - the ones that slowly walk towards the teleporters - and nothing happened. I used Earthen Grip, I used Mesmerizing Lasso, I used Epicentre - same result - they kept walking. The other type of adds that appear later in that fight I can pull just fine. I thought maybe the first ones just can't be CCed, but the last time a DPS next to me was able to yank them with the Lasso (I think, not sure why he would have it in the loadout, but that's what it looked like). I was also able to stun them with a consumable.

My tank has all tank gear and Dom augs, over 100 SP in Dominance and nearly 18k Dom clamped in Metal II content, so what gives? I can't find anything online about this problem and it's not the first time this kind of thing happened. Previously when running God Of Monsters regular raid I tried pulling Phoenix away from the cluster**** of adds in the first "boss-fight" and roughly the same thing happened, but there was another tank there, so maybe that was an immunity thing.

Any thoughts? Because I'm fairly new to tanking and I'm not going to bother with the role, if I have to wonder whether or not my powers will work in each instance I try tanking for the first time....
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some enemies are scripted to have immunity or high resistance to pulls. Those metal infected Lanterns for example have to be burned down before they reach the portals. A tank is completely unnecessary for that first half of the alert.
    • Like x 1
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes, that's what I first thought - and I have no problems with that part of the alert on my DPS toons - but I saw them being pulled a few times by a DPS, so how did that happen? Is it just an RNG thing?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been a long time since I've been in there. I just watched OC's test video it looks like damage them first to stop them and then they can be pulled. Mechanic based.
    • Like x 1
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That sounds right. And come to think of it - that DPS might have been wearing tank gear and not know about DPSing, which would explain the Lasso in the loadout and abysmal damage - lower than mine, although that's not that uncommon in EEG.