Earth Supercharge Envelope Drops Aggro

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Dogico, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

This video is just one of many instances where using Envelope in tank role causes the user to lose aggro. Envelope is the only SC available for Earth tanks and has been bugged for quite some time.
    • Like x 3
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

I believe even when gu37 was on test, this was brought up. And a green name said that was just how encasement (ice's hibernation or clown box) powers worked. So while sure, it would be nice if they made this tank sc work differently, I'd just prefer something new and useful altogether.
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I hate that it does that. I love the heal it gives and everything but I can use it because of this stupid mechanic.
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

Damn really? So there's nothing to be done about it?
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

I don't think its a bug if I am remembering correctly.
  6. Owl Devoted Player

Developer post on Envelope:
    • Like x 2
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

I am completely ignorant when it comes to coding/programming so I don't know how hard it would be to have encasements hold aggro but it doesn't make sense to intentionally create a tank power that drops aggro. If they know that's how encasements work why bother making the only tank SC an encasement? Make it a shield or something.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

Well, ****. I know the devs are busy but the more I look at the Seismic tree the more disappointing it looks.
  9. Lacedog Loyal Player

Exactly. One of the many things we were still discussing as our wip thread received only 3 green name replies. Including the post to start and the post to end the thread.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

At the time I didn't put as much effort into getting Envelope looked at as I should have. Just now going back and reading the WIP and other threads that mention encasements dropping aggro.
  11. Owl Devoted Player

Note that each Movement Mode has a 25% Supercharge power that prevents damage.
    • Acrobatics : Perfect Poise
    • Flight, Skimming : Dustoff
    • Super Speed : Dash Attack
    These movement powers prevent damage = Dominance + Restoration.
    Plus they are Usable While Controlled and provide Control Resistance.
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

I'll give Dustoff a try. I prefer to not use Iconics or movement mode powers for aesthetic purposes. Like, I use Earthen Grip over Low Pressure even though Low Pressure is the better power.
  13. SavageArms New Player

I really do think earth needs a O **** button that does not lose aggro when tanking.

Earth is the only tank power that does not have one unique to it's power. The other powers have:
    Rage: vindictive
    Ice: ice elemental
    fire: Eternal flame and reignition

simple fix would be:
    earthquake while in tank role to gain 50% absorption on cast of power and 15 to 25% per aftershock.
    • Like x 1