Earth Pet AM Bugs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dogico, May 29, 2015.

1. Dogico Loyal Player

I'm not making this thread to complain, I'm making this thread to increase visibility of three bugs affecting Crystal, Earth's dps pet and Advanced Mechanic. Made a report on one of the bugs about a week ago

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-459

but I may not have worded it correctly. I also posted the videos in the pet AM thread but I'm not sure if any of the devs are reading it. Anyways here are the three bugs I've found again.

As far as Crystal's Epicenter missing, Rokyn has said that it misses when Crystal is outside of 12 meters of her target. Haven't heard any confirmation from a dev if this is intended or not.
    • Like x 8
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

She actually even misses at 12 meters, she has to be super close for the hit to register. About 5 meters literally.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

Let's get some answers. Would be nice for a power to be fixed before we move on to others.
  4. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

Thanks for doing this work, Dogico.

My earth toon is already doing great damage as is and if that's not counting some percentage of missing damage even tho I'm hitting fortify - with this corrected I'll see a gain with no change in my rotation. Yay.
  5. Deathmike Devoted Player

The power bar bug is really annoying.

Deathmike out.
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

4th bug is when the pets health AND power are not visible and you don't even see that she is summoned. Happens for brick as well. Super annoying, especially when doing the despawn method.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Happens to Fury as well.
  8. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Same bug as before and it's highly annoying.
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

I haven't gotten her to miss against sparring targets but she will miss enemies in everything else, from open world content to raids. When you mentioned her proximity to enemies is causing the miss I began to monitor that more closely when I dps. Maybe I don't have a large enough sampel size but I can't really see a pattern as to whether Epicenter will connect or not.
    I've seen that one as well. I consider it the same as the static power bar since the end result is similar, i.e. not knowing how much power your pet has.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have never seen Crystal use EPICENTER. I have seen her Powerbar go down but no ability used. This is when Crystal and I are next to the boss in a duo; she sits there, power is used but nothing happens. I'm literally right on top of the boss and she is too...Nothing...

Using Fortify Golem; about 50% of the time it repowers her; the other % of the time it does NOTHING...

With these glitches they should have left Crystal OP until they could resolve them. It is crazy that I'm dependent on her for damage and that is with basic attack that do less damage than Sidekick Robot still and Striking Stones.

PLEASE FIX CRYSTAL....

By the way, instead of EPITCENTER make it Shards or RumbleCrush....
  11. Veritech Loyal Player

Do you have effects turned down in settings? Could be why you've never seen epicenter.
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm on PS4....I never see her use it...NEVER...I see Striking Stones regularly...Prior to GU47 I did see her use Epicenter, but not since GU47.

On a side note about my prior post. EpiCenter mainly used by tanks, so give that ability to Brick and give Crystal Shards or Rumble Crush...
    • Like x 1
  13. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Epicenter is not the same animation that players have. Crystal pumps her fist up and a circular brown effect pops under the target NPC. Striking Stones animation is similar to the players animation for Handblasters Pulse Beam. So she doesn't necessarily have the same animations as us.
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Try going into a hideout and place a target across from the computer mainframe, all the way to the wall. Pop a DoT and cast Crystal from range (by the computer) and watch her miss with epicenter from range. If she starts moving in too close then resummon her. Look for the fist pump she does and watch the number not hit.
  15. Dogico Loyal Player

I'm not sure why you're not seeing Epicenter at all. Even when Crystal's Epicenter does no damage the animation still shows. You must have a pretty epic bug going on.

Create a line of sight issue? I may not be reading it right.
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

No we're just trying to make her attack from range and then watch as she moves in closer and watch her miss her attack. At 12 meters she should be missing and at close melee range she shouldn't.
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

Ok I was just reading it wrong. I'll give it a try.
  18. spord Developer

Thanks for the info on Epicenter. I found the problem that would cause her to miss her target. Also there was a bug that would cause her to not cast Epicenter when she was at her max range from the target. So in some cases people might not see her ever use it when she was at range.

As for the pet UI health bar bug, we can not reproduce it and so it makes it hard to track down. If anyone has specific steps they can have us use that would help.
    • Like x 11
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'll get on tonight and come back with Repro steps for you if nobody else has by then. I know how it happens when I play, I just can't think of it off of the top of my head.

Thanks for looking into these issues.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thank you for your response... Nay I ask are you guys still keeping up eith the dev discussion ? If so first I want to sayignkre the buckering on thevlast few pages of it... Please don't close it cause if that... Also are you guys taking into consideration on some of our suggestions to nane earth a little mire enjoyable and some if our quality if Life issues?