Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. iDjango Active Player

First off I can Earth Tank just fine if not better then just "fine", you're not the only one either you know, second not once did I say I cant Earth Tank either, I have no problems now and didn't have too many problems back when both Nexus and Wave Paradox first came out considering I beat them both in T4 gear fully moded with 4 mods and just because I did beat it doesn't mean earth doesn't have any problems, third im pretty they did more then just increase the window between the one shots because Nexus and Wave Paradox are definitely way easier then they were before regardless of gear/Cr. Fourth I also not once said I cant use absorption load out or brick/crystal and that other either users of earth weren't capable of doing so either, im simply making suggestions as to avoid this conflict with earth, hence why this thread is here, just think for a sec, if there truly was nothing wrong with earth, (which by the way you seem to be one of those players that Alpha was talking about how just because you get through something with a power you think there's nothing wrong with it), then why is this thread here in the forums? Again I don't expect everyone to agree with me but when you start putting words in my mouth and try to make it seem like im complaining rather than me coming up with ideas, that's when I have a problem. I mean seriously, look at MAXIMUS, he responded to my idea and his thoughts on it without the need to make it seem like I was complaining and he didn't put words in my mouth either.
    • Like x 1
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

You literally just said absorption tanking wasn't enough. This thread was made when T5 just came out and we had lower stats. Just look at the stats alpha used. The thing about earth tanking is it's percent based. So I will always scale, and with 85+ gear earth tanks have the highest survivability and effective health. When I watch a video I can instantly spot a bad earth tank the moment they take gemstone to max.
  3. mgkaenzo Committed Player

earth is very good but ice has still a better surviviability because of all his shields. And for gemstone shield most of time I don't use it at 100% but when I have the time I use it, most of time I just do it at 3 gem.
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

With the exception of reflex the mitigation from shields isn't that much. I can watch videos of full 87-88 ice tanks take 4-5k for the last swipe from the ravager and oppressor, while it only hit's me, full 85 with only 70sp, for 1.5-2k damage. The difference is when ice get's caught not blocking that makes it better than earth not blocking.
  5. mgkaenzo Committed Player

yh the mitigation is better in ice but the power in themself are better in ice you can have 5 shield in your loadout when you can only have two in earth but the pull is better imo in earth that's why I goes earth in T4. Ice is also faster compared to jackhammer and gemstone shield.
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

Earth is awesome. Just let me knock stuff down without a pi.
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

But absorption can stay up indefinitely, gemstone has the same cool down time as reflect, but has the added bonus of lasting longer when you don't after shock it to max. Only real difference is the 10k from reflect and that most of ice's moves can be used while controlled and give 10% control resistance.
  8. Cream Corn New Player

Shards is amazing.
  9. Clutch_GT New Player

Yeah it's awesome it's a cone juggle but when you need a PbAoE 360 juggle JH and LT is where it's at but they require dazed p.i to juggle. It's not so bad now because of the dazing devices but it's still annoying having to set it up in order to juggle where as Fire/Ice have juggles on demand.
    • Like x 2
  10. iDjango Active Player

*face, palm* I know this form was created when T5 first came out, this isn't my first time commenting in the thread. Again with the words in my mouth dude I didn't say absorption tanking wasn't enough, I said the PERCENT of how much we can absorb wasn't enough. Anyways, that's exactly what im getting at, if the devs don't do something about Earth and how it works and continue to make future dlcs tougher and harder like they did T5, Earth at the start of every new Tier with our low stats etc. will continue to struggle while Ice and Fire (especially Ice) wont have much trouble at the start of every new Tier Dlc. I bet that when T6 comes out (unless the devs make the content easy/sustainable for all tank powers) most Earth users will see the problems all over again and then this thread will have like 20+more pages, Lol. Also I don't think its fair that in order for earth to be good, we must automatically have to be at top max gear because last I checked, when T5 first came out, I didn't have 85+ gear to start with.
  11. Cream Corn New Player

This is actually incorrect. Earth has the advantage under geared. Ice and fire require more stats for their shields and HP where earths absorbtion doesn't scale with gear at all. It takes 50% whether you're cr 50 or 150.

The problem with earth is the small window of opportunity to get that absorbtion back up. Jackhammer cooldown is 10 seconds and absorbtion lasts for 12. So you have all of 2 seconds and only one attempt to get absorbtion back up to 50%. That requires the tank to know the enemies patterns to be able to safely rebuff absorbtion which is where most people fail. Brick can be useful in situations where jackhammer gets interrupted. Pop brick/DMG shift and block until jackhammer is ready again. With a decent healer brick can stay alive for 10 seconds+.
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

"absorption tanking will continue to struggle in future dlcs," those are your exact words copied and pasted.

Absortion tanking is fine and if anything has the best progression for future gear and content. Percent based buffs will never be worthless. Compare all three tanks when blocking, earth can add all dom to defense to reach the 80% cap when blocking with HT mod. Fire can only reach the cap if they are max geared. Ice is already at the cap. Fire has huge health pool and with max gear can get close to defense cap. Ice has shields to absorb the damage they'd be taking normally without if will eventually break. Earth can get 50% absorption or 43.75% with damage shift which will never break, while also having the only shield with the ability to choose how much it absorbs which in turn effectively chooses how long it lasts. I've see ice tanks without reflect take 3-5k form ravager's third swipe, I've seen fire tanks take 4-7k from the same attack, and as an earth tank I take 1-2k.
  13. iDjango Active Player

@Cream Corn. Just as Alpha has stated, that all these stats for Earth when compared to fire and ice sound all great on paper or when explaining them, but in game performance says other wise. Also you're basically saying that because Earths absorption is and will always be at 50% regardless of Cr, that a 50cr Earth Tank can go do T5 raids? I think not.[/quote]
  14. Cream Corn New Player

What happens on paper happens in game. The math doesn't lie. The only variable is the player being able to use the programming to their advantage. A cr 50 earth tank would do better than a cr 50 fire or ice tank hands down. All 3 tanks wouldn't have the hp to survive long, but earth can cut incoming damage by 50% so they'd always take less damage especially with all the big hits in t5. The bigger the damage in the more damage earth absorbs. Ice can only prevent a finite amount of damage and fire relies almost exclusively on healers.

It's the player that chooses the time to rebuff absorbtion. If they choose the wrong time they pay for it dearly. It's the exact same for each tank if they come out of block at the wrong time especially when under geared.

The percent of absorbtion is just fine. The method of applying the absorbtion is what everyone has a problem with and that is what should be fixed if anything. Either more control resistance for aftershocks or quicker cooldown on jackhammer would be enough.
  15. iDjango Active Player

Never said the math (as far as its percentage on damage absorption) for earth were lies, just said the performance of it wasn't what it was put up to be when applied on paper. Just as Ice can only prevent so much damage, Earth can only absorb so much damage, it works both way. Sorry but everyone knows that a 50cr Ice Tank would survive a little bit long then a 50cr Fire & Earth Tank due to how fast it can pop a shield and block. I mean you just said yourself that the method of applying the absorption is the problem because, im assuming your saying its not fast enough, and how I see it is lets say a 50cr earth tank who knows the raid and he/she tries to go to reapply his absorption, since its not fast enough, the next attack due to the Cr and gear, he/she would die immediately while ice could hit reflection or anyone of its other shields then block and survive a little bit longer before dying, hence why ice was the first choice by everyone in the Dcuo community wanted when T5 first came out . However I will agree that it could possibly be the fact that Earth might need a faster method of applying its aftershocks & absorption abilities with what you just suggested. Over all I never had a problem when it came to timing when I need to reapply my absorption, but that doesn't mean I as an Earth user myself that just because I was beating Nexus and paradox when they first came out, doesn't mean that I didn't see the problems with it.
  16. Cream Corn New Player

There is no limit to how much damage earth can absorb except their HP pool and healing in. As long as they're kept alive they will continue to shave off 50% DMG indefinitely. Like you yourself said its applying that 50% bonus that is the problem not the percentage of absorbtion.

It doesn't necessarily need a faster way to apply absorbtion. Some cc resistance on aftershocks would be enough. Maybe even have jacks cool down immediately if the first aftershock gets interrupted. Or maybe even some teamwork would help. Have your healer toss you a shield when you're about to aftershock to give you that extra bit of protection.
  17. iDjango Active Player

To all those that said earth doesn't need a fix or buff or tuning or balancing, don't ever try to say something is fine when its not. This proves y'all know nothing when it comes to powers or perhaps just this game period, cause earths getting the attention and care its been needed ever since T5 launched and will be better once Gu 36 hits dcuo, yeah its been a long time coming, but this further proves that the more people voiced the problems with earth more, it was bound to be dealt with and fixed eventually. So tell me, how y'all feel about being wrong for a whole year or so cause I'm laughing at y'all because again I knew half of y'all never even earth tanked or Dpsed T5 at launch or tanked and Dpsed with earth at launch of T5 at all period. Its like people like Alpha and I have been saying about earth the whole entire time, let this be a lesson to you people who said earth didn't need any type of fixing, know what you're talking about before saying anything about any of the powers on the game in the forums. That is all. #EarthWillBeStrongerAndBetterInGu36
  18. Twilight Man New Player

U sound mad...
    • Like x 3
  19. iDjango Active Player

@Twilight Man-How am I mad? Lol, Earths getting its long needed fix, yeah it took awhile but its happening therefore making me HAPPY. Waita second...oh no don't tell me....... *gasp* you might be one of those people I was talking about in my post who doesn't know a thing about powers and was one of those guys that said earth didn't need fixing and was fine?! Awwww did I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry if I did (sarcasm). LOL people these days. Stop being mad son and be prepared for earths major come back.
  20. Twilight Man New Player

Nope, no subtle meaning, no hidden messages, no opinion of earth fixes one way or the other. I saw your other posts on this...and u do sound mad.

Hell I waited 2 years for Sorcery to change but didnt let it get to me like it seems to have affected you about earth. It's just a game homie chill.