Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i do not exactly know the formula behind mitigation .... i know about armor piercing and how it varies by tier ... but idk exactly how to get mitigation...
  2. Cream Corn New Player

It varies by mob as well as tier. Generally accepted max was 60%, not sure if anyones done more testing to pin down the exact number. My math assumes you're always at 60% armor piercing.

Defense x 0.4(maximum armor piercing) / 71 = % dmg mitigated.
  3. Kierinsu New Player

Even when I was a healer I never beat him either... you Seph and Ruka the ONLY tanks I never beat
  4. CandiTactics New Player

Can this be brought back to life, plz. My earth tank(TerraTactics) is a cr98 w/ 86 rings, 86 neck, x2 86 armor, and the rest 85 armor.. all modded with expert mods.(dom/health, dom/prec, dom/power)...
    . I can't run Paradox. :/ loadout is

grasping hand, epicenter, totum, reinforce, jackhammer, tectonic break.
    I am VERY familiar with Pi and damA, and I can keep at least 50% up at all times. BUT, I get owned by any of the first 3 bosses, never made it to the last boss. Not once.
    I guess I'm asking, is it me and my ability, or can Earth just not make this raid?
  5. AIpha New Player

At the top end gear and sp you won't notice a difference. This topic was created when Nexus first came out and you could most definately feel the difference. T4 Ice Tank was not the same as a T4 Earth tank attempting the new raids. It wasn't even close. In Paradox you generally want to stay ranged tanking. You'll find staying range to be much better.
  6. Rusvek New Player

Love this thread
  7. iDjango Active Player

Been awhile since I been on this forum due to the most part I took a break from the game, although this is going to be a 3 month response, hopefully you can read this clearly. I for the most part can remember most of the incidents I got bashed for being an Earth Tank in T5 raids, also I didn't just say my friends, I said pugs and even sometimes my own league memebers from back then too. Also who cares if this was a "personal rant", for the most part this "rant" you say I went on seems to be the only way to get these devs to listen, other wise they will continue to think nothing is wrong with there game and wont do much to try to improve/fix the problems in it. People are gonna have to learn that in order to get things fix, you might sometimes have to go on rant or for me this was more being firm and serious about the problem with earth tanking granted there was some anger when I first typed my post behind it to. Another thing is not to fear the devs and the power they think they have by banning from the game and forums.I say don't be afraid to speak your mind otherwise they will just walk all over you etc. Btw Acid and Vinegar may smell bad but it might be too much of smell to handle to the point where something has got to change about that smell and it cant be ignored anymore. >=)
  8. iDjango Active Player

I actually have a pretty good idea, I hope to get your take on this Alpha. I was thinking the devs could just completely abandon the whole pet tanking idea. This may seem like an Ice copy cat but I like it for the most part. I say give us shields like Ice but instead of reflecting damage we just absorb it to take less damage and of course after using/stacking our earth shields over time, we get a cool earth armor that flakes off over time as we take damage, in other words just make this power work all on damage absorption with after shocking but by using shields that absorb and make the shields mechanic's work like ice shields. We could have our own shield that absorbs damage like how reflection works by absorbing the big 3 attacks/hits and its durability is based off of our dom, another example would be like winter ward, we could have that shield and have earth pebbles or something floating around us to absorb damage, you might say gem stone does that but I feel gem stone is more like cold snap because it only last for a few seconds. I'm still thinking of stuff of how earth wouldn't be a complete spin off of ice but they could take ideas from ice and make earth still its own power but work better for future content so we players of the earth community wont have this kind of problem again with the devs listening to us. I feel by doing it in a similar style of ice, we could get better break out moves and cleanses for PvP and PvE, have more/better shields to help us survive longer, of course cool and better animation effects, and it would also allow us to combine our two power trees so earth tanks can tank better instead of choosing between two different types of load outs.
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

You can already do absorption tanking just fine. Let those who want to use brick or crystal us them. No one is forcing you to grab them.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Alas I disagree with you! You could very well use the crystal shield and use the shield of the more icons powers mod of healing that you will have a great result. And still use the pet along. I personally really like the pet. Just like the totem heal more life pet. This has help a lot. Outside it would be good if the pet was also healed by healers normally.;)
    • Like x 1
  11. PaperGirl New Player

Range Tanking ? D

Are you sure you tryied Tank role 1 time ?:rolleyes:
  12. PaperGirl New Player

Exactly , this make me laugh and also annoy me very much , all those players asking for Ice Tank only .

They don't even know what is a Tank , they don't know the differences betwwen the 3 Tanks powersets .

Ice is the weakest while you are in block but also the easyiest to play due to very short casts for shields , the reflect and the mobility .

Earth is the strongest while in block .

The only big problem i have with earth is when you are blockbreaked by Sentry or Ravager , earth doesn't have a skill to remove COntrol effect and this is a big problem imo .

But there is no problem to Tank in any situation with Earth , it just requires a much better TIming , and you need to pay more attention .

I'm tired to see the noobs shouting for Ice Tanks in lfg ...
  13. toast Well-Known Player

Unstoppable frees you and others of control effects
  14. PaperGirl New Player

Nop if you are on the ground after a blockbreak for exemple , you cannot use Unstopabble .
    • Like x 1
  15. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If you are acro you can use launching roll. It also returns power if you are CC'd.
  16. iDjango Active Player

Here's the thing though, I shouldn't have to, nor do I want to use a power that's not apart of my power tree in order to Tank/protect myself such a hard light shield, I believe that's what you are getting at. Don't get me wrong though I do use Hard Light shield but the thought of me having to go out of my power tree never leaves my mind but hey gotta get the job done right. Anyways, when it comes to Totem its really only good for agro holding, it doesn't scale with my resto and therefore doesn't heal crystal or brick for anything top number I've seen is like 50. I have nothing against the pets but to be really honest the pets are only good for PvP, Brick for 1v1s and 2v2s and Crystal for 4s, 5s, and 8s. If the devs continues to leave brick the way he is, he will just continue to get one shot in future Dlcs to come, and he wont serve to much of purpose anymore and as for Crystal....... do I really need to go there?, Lol. That's why I say if the plan on revamping Earth just kill away with the pet tanking and just go straight after shocking but with shields, so pretty much get rid of Brick, Crystal and Totem and replace those 3 with earth shields that work like ice shields but instead of reflecting/stop incoming damage, earth shields would absorb/stop incoming. Over all I respect your opinion and I don't expect people to agree with me, im just simply replying is all so please don't take it the wrong way, Lol
  17. iDjango Active Player

Tbh you really cant, before they nerfed T5 as a whole, I will agree absorption tanking was slightly better the pet tanking but at the same time it to had its issues and 50% wasn't enough and unless they do something about that, absorption tanking will continue to struggle in future dlcs, because I feel when T6 or maybe even when the HL dlc that's coming soon, the devs are gonna make the enemies in there hit super hard too and then all Earth users will be right back here trying to get the devs to see how Earth isn't doing good all over again. Not once did I say im being forced to use brick or crystal so yeah, don't make it seem like I said im being forced to use them.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

aftershocking is fine. getting knocked out of jackhammer before completeing aftershocking is not. not being able to juggle anything without a PI is not fine. having both brick and damage shift in your loadout and not doing anything of benefit after their initial use is not fine. and thats just the tank side of things.
    • Like x 1
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Then that's you. I can do earth tanking just fine. And as for nerfs, the only thing they did was increase the window between one shots. If you can't use earth then don't, but that doesn't mean other's can't either.
  20. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Actually I understand your request. What I can say is that there are useless powers that could be withdrawn instead of pets. We have powers that no one uses in any loadout. Neither in nor DPS Tank. And in this case that it would be much more interesting than its withdrawal take something that someone uses. About PVP. Many say that the golems only serve to pvp, but in pve I use good and not complain. I believe that everything is a matter of habit.