Earth dps spec in pvp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by fm0987, Sep 3, 2017.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

Well I know this is somewhat preference, but just curious how people are mainly spec after the revamp for pvp. My "main" toon was light and full precision, but switched to earth shortly before the revamp. Haven't really done any pvp since. I'm thinking maybe set up like pve but idk. Superpowers, might and power, and switch my prec modded gear to might and or might / power. Or would hybrid be better off and balance prec/ might? Also loadout, use pet or shields instead, both, idk?
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Also the weapon mastery point that says increases damage, should i get it? I think I remember people saying it actually lowers damage of combos?
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

Yall are so helpful lol. Is this like top secret information or something? Well, not sure if its the best set up but I went with superpowered and might power spec and mods since I'm using jackhammer. Is kinda weird tho to mostly pftt in pvp. May be better off hybrid and balance prec /might with something besides jh spam, idk. Also, yea, using shield, no pet.
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

Sorry to keep bumping my own topic here, but would it be better to go tank role in dps spec?
  5. fm0987 Committed Player

Stun recovery, breakout mastery worth it? Never really used them before but idk.
  6. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

PvP is dead if you haven't noticed.
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Yea true lol, well i'm premium atm, so kinda limited to af3 (haven't bought most recent dlc, wats it called, aoj?) and pvp. Didn't even really play my last month of subscription before the revamp, jus kinda had given up at that point. Since revamp tho been on a bit, and even though stll af3 level (198 dps) still do like exact same damage pve as higher crs. But guess that was kinda point of revamp, remove cr differential. Depending on what ur trying to q (pvp wise), is usually pretty slow, or won't pop at all. Seems especially a lot of unbalance in pvp right now. No blocking, op powers (mental?, tho not too common, or elec, gadgets maybe, atomic?), shield stacking etc.. Becomes especially evident if you run 1v1s cus then usually you end up against the most hardcore of exploiters.
  8. Bitesize Sammy New Player

No worry's about bumping I understand, now any power is viable in PvP, Earth regardless of any up coming nurfs will be great in PvP, with or without JackHammer.

No one can give you a sure fire one for all load out for PvP of all things, plus we don't know your play style. But since you don't seem to be getting much help and would really like it I'll will do what I can here and explain to the best of my ability on how to help you.

For your PvP loadout try using this in DPS role;

• Gemstone Shield
    • Unstoppable (OR Soothing Sands It heals and is a Brakeout.)
    • Debris Field
    • Brick (Preferably) OR (Hard Light Shield.)
    • Jackhammer
    • Totem OR (Heat Vision Still does DoT has a shorter cooldown, But doesn't heal your Pet)
    Put that in what ever order your comfortable with.

Using "Gemstone Shield" up to 3 times will make your damage mitigation and shield last longer regardless of up coming nurfs to shields. I would only recommend using the full 4 stacks If you are or going to take heavy damage say from a Mental "Stealth attack", or Natures "Roar".

Using "Brick" will save you some HP when fighting one person and do a miner DoT as well.
    If you would rather use something else and don't feel comfortable with "Brick" try "Hard Light Shield."

Using "JackHammer" Is a great finisher if your good at managing your power. "JH" will also help you find hidden players and also does great damage to player pets and needless to say groups of players, It would be best used as a finisher.

Using "Totem Or Heat Vision" are great DoTs for starting off a fighting and if you are good at managing power during a fight also quiet good at ending them!

Now that all being said PvP is all about Countering! It wont matter how much a player spams you if you counter them you can win a pretty hard fight!

Countering players will give you a short 1.5 second invulnerability that could save your life. If you see some one ranging as your being attacked by one player and need some time for your team mate to come back jump at that ranging player to get that invulnerability.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as for your skill points, I don't know how many you have. But I can tell you this, your movement Brakeouts are quiet helpful in PvP as they do give you a small amount of power back.

As for your weapon mastery skill I recommend getting them. The weapon mastery skill does give you a little more damage for the weapon that you use.

As for your "Focus" it would depend on your Skill Points, If you have lower Skill Points "Hybrid" would help quiet a bit as there are weapon combos that would regen power back faster then if you went "Superpowered."
    But this would depend on how much Power you have, as the amount of Power you regen is based on your over all Power.

So if you where to spec mostly into Might/Power from your skill tray you would have a higher power regen from ether "Hybrid Or Superpowered."

The rest of PvP depends on YOUR PlayStyle! If your really good at getting that counter off you will survive more often and vise versa.

I hope I was able to help you with PvPing a bit more. If you have any questions about PvP feel free to ask! :p
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

I'm using debris field, shield iconic, sands, jh, gemstone shield, and the 35%er. altho the 35% seems pretty useless most of the time, maybe should swap for somthing else. With jh spam constantly low power, may try a diff power instead idk.
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

Switched it up a little bit to try out hybrid in pvp, and split my sp between prec/ might. think for pvp wise anyway, liking it a lot better than my previous superpowered spec. Without jackhammer feels alot more pvp ish since not just jh pftt spam all the time. Using debris field, hl shield, soothing sands, tectonic break?, gemstone shield, totem.
  11. Bitesize Sammy New Player

Tectonic break use to be quiet good for PvP, you weren't suppose to spam JH it was suppose to be your finisher, as finishers in PvP are basically asking to be killed.

If you are having a power issue then Hybrid would work best for you. Try Heat Vision and jump cancel it as soon as you hit it in place of Tectonic break, It will still add a reasonable DoT.

What problems are you having in PvP?
  12. fm0987 Committed Player

Well lol, with jh loadout, even full might/ power spec and superpowered focus (240ish something sp), still low on power at times cus yea, tend to spam more often. Even tho jh pretty good dps, idk, just pftt in pvp like that feels kinda out of place, why I was liking hybrid better. Not really having problems per se, earth just seems kinda outclassed compared to some of the more 'op' powers like gadget, mental etc with invis and shield stacking and crap like that. For pvp, gemstone shield kinda sucks cus of the combo.
  13. Bitesize Sammy New Player

Practice power management and PvP will be easier for you, countering is weapon focused anyway, your not "suppose" to kill people with powers only, some powers like you said do but, you should and can still be able to win with just your weapon.

Planing when to use your powers like Gemstone Shield will also save you a lot of power, like how electric players will use there shield to knock you back, or off a node. GS can save you if you plan it right for what works best for you, the best part about GS is its lengthy damage mitigation.

I know its hard to fight people that shield stack, and with power regen thats a bit hard to beat, but if you counter them, even if thats mostly stunning them you can still win. Mental doesn't do a lot of damage. Gadgets Sneak Attack can be blocked mostly, some weird times blocking wont help, but that just needs fixing. Mentals Pain attack cant be fully block but other then that Mental does much less ability damage then Gedgets.

Stunning them would be your best way to go, they will start to panic shield stack.