Fixed earth brick fortify golem

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cutie, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Cutie Level 30

i noticed that when i use fortify golem the gem shield isnt actually shielding the brick golem
    • Like x 6
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Can confirm. This bug was supposed to be fixed a few updates ago but doesn't look like it stuck. Will try to post a video.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Not that a don't believe people but this is something that 100% needs a video or not worth posting. Test server is down or I would have done it. Go to doomed metro, sit in the spore pools and have his health drop and then hit fortify golem and record and post the result.

Like this
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been Messing around with Brick recently (few days ago) and tested him in Thanagar.

The Video you posted is rather strange since not only doesnt the Shield actually Shield, but Brick doesnt heal himself after a couple of seconds - wich was happening on my end in Thanagar.

It wasnt a great heal but it was there after his Health dropped to 75% or so. Every time i tested it.

Something to look into aswell?o_O
  6. Batuba Developer

Looking into it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vindex Active Player

I can attest to this as i main an Earth. The Gemstone Shield animation on Brick was there, but the damage mitigation/absorption wasn't.
  8. p3rfect dark_pc New Player

I can also confirm this as well as hitting fortify golem and neither the power or health bar move at all and I cant believe you guys still haven't fixed the pets hud disappearing
  9. Batuba Developer

When you see Brick not having shielding... is this when brick is directly attacked or is this from the damage you take that is transferred over to brick?
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Both. The shielding will not protect him from incoming splash damage or transferred damage
  11. Frog New Player

The reason Brick isn't healing himself in the video is because he's not in combat
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's nice that my new computer allows me to record moar vidja. Sound is crap though.

13. Batuba Developer

In these videos, it shows brick not shielding itself from damage transferred. Which is how this ability works as of right now. If you use a self shield and go into that field in DoS content, you'll notice that brick takes no damage. Also, during the fight there with Steel, he is directly attacking the player and is behind Steel, away from any cleave damage. I'm looking at what it would take to change the design to where shield would absorb damage you've transferred... however that is not how the ability works at this moment.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

From the understanding we had, fortify is written to give brick a shield. That is what we are wondering. At 1:29 you can see brick just get the fortify shield and was then attack by an aoe attack. That attack brought his health down without shielding him from neither attack, transferred or incoming.

Are you saying that fortify is not supposed to shield brick at all?
  15. Batuba Developer

What I'm saying is that the ability is built to absorb any damage that Brick takes directly (aka AoE, or NPCs punching Brick). The damage transfer from player to brick is considered indirect damage which shields do not absorb. Fortify Golem also grants 67% damage mitigation from direct damage, an absorb shield for 100% of Brick's health, restores power and heals brick if in combat.

That damage you mentioned at minute 1:29, the player has Fortify Golem off cooldown and not active yet. When you see those double ticks of damage, it's because that is damage transferred from player to golem (which splits the damage transferred in half in order to bypass fractions of damage)
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks. I guess we were unaware of what was the goal of the power.
  17. Batuba Developer

I am cleaning the ability a little so the healing is more reliable. Currently sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. This should make it work (hopefully :p) 100% of the time.
    • Like x 3
  18. August Moon Well-Known Player

so , with every fortify golem activation ,brick will now heal himself, instead of jack-hammering , throwing shockwave claps and staring at the boos beat my face in?
  19. Batuba Developer

Fortify Golem is a player centric ability that does not affect Brick's AI.
  20. August Moon Well-Known Player

so the change is going to brick specifically and what he does with his power bar ?