Earth Battle tank vs Atomic

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dethstryke, May 11, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Very nice. I love seeing people working on hybrid roles.
  2. Tat Level 30

Will someone please post links on atomic battle tanking. I want to learn more about it.
  3. SupesUpp Level 30

Don't go leaving ice out of the discussion. That's also a fun battle tank ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You can battle tank, but it's different with ice. At least the people I've seen do it. It does comparable damage to a earth battle tank.

Earth is going to be king of battle tanking purely for jackhammer. You have to really work for your numbers with atomic.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Going out on a limb, but I doubt you'll find any type of guide on this. It's not something everyone should do, until you know what your doing tanking. Knowing your power inside and out also helps. Not all powers work in all situations. Plus, it does help to have high skill points.
  6. Tat Level 30

Prime, thank you. I appreciate your insight. :)
  7. FALLEN-ONE Active Player

Earth is much stronger. Like 50% stronger for pure battle tanking. Just have brick out and jackhammer to cc the adds. I ran JH/Epi clipped with unstoppable/dash attack/brick and either soothing sands or gemstone. Jackhammer the whole time, until adds get immune from chronos if running elite then rotate shields while still jackhammering and building sc by clipping both epi/unstoppable then if started taking spike damage stop jackhammering so brick can absorb damage. I don’t recommend fortify especially on adds because you can’t heal it if he’s being smacked by the adds and you don’t juggle the adds. Similar to a fire tank. I’d use fortify on solo bosses and clip in with unstoppable. You can spec hybrid if you have the sp, if you max might you shouldn’t have any issues in raids.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Atomic hybrid tanking has better survivalbility and earth hybrid tanks by far do more dmg.
  9. FALLEN-ONE Active Player

Nope, earth in my experience has wayy better survivability just because of cc aspect. If you do it properly you will not be taking damage as earth at all. You just constantly knock adds down then juggle with JH then stun with chronos, rinse and repeat. Atomic is good too it’s just not as good as earth :p
  10. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

I really am interested with the concept of going hybrid and Battle Tanking fascinates me. May I ask what would be the recommended sp to Earth Battle Tank and what would be the most current loadout?
    What would be the mods I need to look out for and would that be all tank gears?

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from the experienced players soon, your feedback would be highly appreciated!
  11. NosferatuZodd New Player

If you are really interested in Earth Battle Tank, hit me up in game. Character Nosferatu Zodd. I've been Earth for 7 years now. (Since Release). There are things I know that others just do not. I'm not a message board guy, so better to contact me in game. I'm a villain btw. Just a heads up.
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I disagree...adds can become immune to earth CCs and earth cannot self heal. Atomic has stuns, CCs, and heals all built into it. So no I disagree...Atomic has superior survivalbility.
  13. FALLEN-ONE Active Player

It depends in what content. In a loqer tier raid atomic is superior and you can do it without a healer given you have a decent amount of sp. In elite with a healer, let’s say Pan E or Hive E if you battle tank it with both there’s no way in heck you are going to have more survivibility or more damage output than an earth tank. Not even worth it for atomic to battle tank those. With earth you can eat scatter shots with Pan E without sustaining much damage and can even live through one shot laser with brick and shield up while battle tanking. You can pretty much complete any raid excluding maybe the latest Elites as battle tank earth and have more damage output than most of your dps in the group. Atomic stun is horrible and isn’t as long as using chrono emitters, all you’ll do is bring more adds in towards yourself, eventually get knocked down and lose your aura because they’ll brcome immune from your inferior stuns or maybe even die with your aura up while being controlled and not healing back.
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The stuns dont hold as long as an emitter but they are constant. They hold the adds pretty well I feel. No hybrid tank is really reliable in elite content period. I feel the jackhammer juggles make the adds immune quicker than the atomic combo pulls. You have to depend on emitters to pick up the slack. I dont have to, if you dont have them your up a creek.