Earth Battle tank vs Atomic

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dethstryke, May 11, 2018.

1. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

I somehow wound up with two toons that are atomic battle tanks. I love the survivability that Atomic battle tank has. So I'm considering switching one (my main) to earth. I'd like to play the same way, still a battle tank, but need to know how viable it is before I drop $10 to find out for myself.
  2. RLManuel Committed Player

I battle tank with my earth character all the time, in any content(except in some elite raids), use brick and make sure to keep him healed and powered(totem and fortify golem), it’s power hungry but if you have high sp and good mods it will be no problem.

One loadout I use is: Totem, fortify golem, jackhammer, earthen grip, jemstone shield and earthquake.

I say use brick because to me, it’s not as squishy as stone skin and because I don’t want to look at stone skins awful animation.
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I suggest that you level up an earth character to see if you like it before you buy it.
    • Like x 3
  4. L T Devoted Player

I really don't recommend fortify golem without a pet of some sort.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll probably just roll an earth ton and give it a shot.
  6. RLManuel Committed Player

Lol I didn’t even see that. Thanks.

I was talking about brick tanking and forgot to mention brick in the LO... lol
  7. RLManuel Committed Player

I meant.
    One loadout I use is: Totem, fortify golem, jackhammer, earthen grip, jemstone shield and brick.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

So brick over crystal for battle tanking?
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

in that loadout brick is tanking he is just pulling them together for brick while he pew pew pew
    • Like x 1
  10. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I have both an earth battle tank and atomic battle tank. Dmg wise earth battle tank is stronger. As stated above can be used in most content except maybe some elite. (The way i spec, and the loadouts i run on both earth and atomic battle tanks).
    If you have two atomic toons i say take the plunge and switch one to earth. I think you will enjoy it. Other then the repetition of jackhammer its fun and you can always as a tank go percussion base and do the whole bow to smokebomb combo also.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

So I took the plunge today, and I'm seriously impressed at the damage possible in tank role with this power set. I have less survivability than I did as atomic but substantially more dmg.

Thanks for all the tips and advice!
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I don't understand, do you want to DPS or Tank. Cause if you tank, you have to have more survivability. Let the DPS do the damage, you just keep their attention on you so they can survive to keep hitting them.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Battle tanks don't need to worry about keeping two sets of gear. Save time and inventory space.
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I don't save items I don't/can't use like snowman trinkets, form change trinkets, etc...

Only things in my bank which I expanded to the max is my PVP gear, DPS gear if I'm in support armory or support gear if I'm in my DPS armory, and crafting supplies. Anything else is a waste of space. Think about what is in your bank that you don't use nor will you use thats just taking up space.

And if you keep gear in your inventory, your needing an armory.
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

he was writing, how surprised he was. Remember you're moving beyond the first and most obvious details. When he discovered, how good the damage earth pet was while he were tanking.. The earth pet is called Brick golem.

"Now you know.
  16. appocolyps Committed Player

Barring the smaller radius change on JH i believe everything else is the same since i made this!!

P.S. i also tanked the current at the time (i havent played for 3 or 4 months) elite raids with this setup!
  17. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

So the biggest reason I want to hybrid tank (battle tank) is that I play on Xbox. I used to play on PS4 but my console died. It's a struggle to find groups a lot of the time, but as a battle tank I can do a lot more content solo than I can as a dps or regular tank.
  18. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

I'll check this out when I get off work tonite, thanks for posting it!
  19. Dixa New Player

would you please detail your loadout? what weapon did you go with? i am assuming from the video title you are hybrid but i can't tell from the video what your weaopon is.

i am returning to this game i haven't played since it first launched and this crap is extremely confusing. I do not want to waste time rerolling characters or concepts that did not or do not work, there are too many mmorpgs on the market today to waste that kind of time anymore.

20. appocolyps Committed Player

I have since changed my hybrid damage tank to prec based and am now unsing bow into smokebomb WM, this allows us to get more survivability from Brick instead of using JH and stoneskin, JH imo is only good for adds and trash fights whereas i prefer to do big damage to the boss and JH always falls short in this area.

My new Hybrid build is as follows, Specialize into Hybrid, take all of the crit chance and crit damage SPs first, then put everything into Prec, after you have full prec start putting into health. I have 300sp so it helps, this build is much better the more sp you have! Dont forget to get your WM combos and movement mode!!

The loadout is as follows Brick, fortify golem, reinforced, gemstone shield, soothing sands, the pull is last slot (cant remember name).

Rotation is as follows, fortify golem clip into reinforced, SB WM (tap tap hold) until fortify is off cooldown, continue sith SB WM until reinforced is off cooldown.

Use pull when needed and soothing sands if you get countered to get you back up on your feet quickly, shield if you take a big spike of damage!

All seems simple but what makes us a cut above the rest is the use of trinkets etc, use Orbital srtrike when available, and also use a DPS trinket and supply drop at the same time (when possible) for final slot use Damaging Field devices so you have a second shield in your loadout for emergencys!

Red mods should be prec health, blue mods prec health, yellow mods power prec (or resto prec for stronger shields)

White mods as follows, neck Fortified assault, chest core strength, back breakout protection, hands max damage, feet deadly block, get reinforced III in head mod too!

Any questions feel free to ask!