Dysfunctional Counter Mechanics

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ChaosInternational, Jul 10, 2014.

1. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

Bravo OP for seeing sense. Countering in pvp has bugged/peeved me to me no end for months.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Pc specs?
    They could be but let's focus on one issue at a time here.

Try it without dcuo running. But those download speeds are horrible. For what its worth your upload speed is much better than mine.

EDIT: If possible, try running it in windowed mode. It'll narrow it down a bit.
    • Like x 1
  3. ChaosInternational New Player

On this mobile device over the WiFi I get 80 ping, 3.2 down and 2 up. The game system is wired and varies around 8.4 down and 5.3 up,no idea how to tell the ping from the system.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The ps3 has an internet browser. See if you can run that test from it.

Honestly, it seems like your internet might be the problem.

Is your ps3 running a wired connection or using the WiFi?
  5. Caleus New Player

I'm on PS4 and I do have these issues and sometimes it's very much latency and not the system itself. On days where my connection is good my counters are on point atleast on my side and on my opponents screen about a second off or less. And I use wifi, if I could ever get a wired connection, I could prove it to be a connection thing more than a console problem.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Well it could be a connection thing or a hardware issue. Probably a bit of each. But I know for fact it is not counters themselves. If it was counters themselves these issues would be much more widespread and would be present regardless of connection and hardware.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

More than capable of handling this game and any other at max settings.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

it also happens on the ps4
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

sweet mother of jesus!
  10. Skopos Well-Known Player

Ping 15ms, download speed 19.93 mbps, upload speed 2.04 mbps
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

People have some really crappy upload speed and ping lol
  12. Newsflash New Player

Ran three more tests without anything running in background:

Ping a) 8, b) 8, c) 1 (boggle)
    Download a) 31.32, b) 31.33, c) 31.34
    Upload a) 2.03, b) 2.04, c) 2.04

I have no idea what these stats mean and how they might affect counter windows (packetloss?).
  13. lanternknight Committed Player

Actually. This has been a problem since before ps4 came out. It started when tap block breakers were still allowed. It was the reason I stopped using Batman and his charge block breaker. Animation took to long for the block breaker not to register leaving me vulnerable to a lunge. It became exceptionally worse when windows were increased. And once pvp mechanics crossed over to pve it was even more noticeable. And even more frustrating.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I had 40ms back with dial-up in the 1990s and experienced less lag online gaming than I do with DCUO. I don't think 15ms latency is going to cause 1-2 second latency in counters. In terms of 30 fps, which is what our brains typically process with video, 15ms is less than a frame. Even at 60 fps, 15ms is less than a frame.

The upload speeds are also more than enough to handle an MMO. The only thing you would need higher upload speeds for is mass uploading files, and then we likely get into a legal issue with copyrights and such. Are you concerned these players might not get you your torrents fast enough?
  15. ChaosInternational New Player

I'm beginning to think blaming the isp and connection speeds is a scapegoat. Unless you're still on 56k, you shouldn't have much issue regarding your connection speed.
  16. Caleus New Player

Note that a grand majority, from what I can grasp, uses a Wireless, that signal gets weaker with every wall between your modem and console (and if they're right next to each other why waste the chance to go wired?) whereas with a wired connection it's only as bad as your cable or the service you're paying for.
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I use an Ethernet wired connection and still experience strange counters from time to time.

I'll make sure to contact Xfinity and pass on that they have great internet service with everything except DCUO. They really should fix their connection with DCUO because that's the only place the connection seems to have issues. I'll make sure to tell them they need to fix DCUO's counter latency for them. Maybe my ISP can do what DCUO's developers cannot. /sarcasm
    • Like x 1
  18. ChaosInternational New Player

I believe I already stated my ps3 is wired. My ping last night was 76 with 7.6 down and 2 up with a few phones connected to the WiFi.
  19. ChaosInternational New Player

Maybe it's the DCUO server itself.
  20. ChaosInternational New Player

Since counters equate cc effects, that may be my issue here. Since cc effects are my specialty, maybe I'm layering too many at once thus breaking both mechanics. A cc only rotation seems to put a lot of strain on the system .

Whatever it is, something's afoot.