Dysfunctional Counter Mechanics

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ChaosInternational, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ChaosInternational New Player

Okay, my first problem to report when I came to the forums was dysfunctional counter mechanics. It's not within my capacity to upload a video or the like. It seems no matter my specificity, this issue goes on unabated. I can't detail it any further and my forum peers have offered nothing but grief in trying to resolve this.

When I say the counter mechanics are dysfunctional, here's what I'm experiencing:

-being countered long after the window of opportunity has closed (3+ seconds)
    -countering opponents long after I missed my opportunity (3+ seconds)
    -matching the animations and not being able to counter.
    -being block broken after I lunge to counter
    - being lunged out of blocking
    -spamming a bb on a blocking opponent for 5 seconds without them flashing blue
    -not being lunged out of a bb and visa versa

Every facet of the counter system has cost me losses in PvP as well as given me a few free passes. There are times when things seem to be working accordingly but those instances are as few and far between as ones where counters don't register inspite of my ability to properly execute them. I don't have connection issues, I rarely disconnect or even lag so I doubt latency is much of a factor.

Tap block-lunge and I eat a bb midair or even after I've landed the lunge
    Tap range-block and I get lunged out of my blocking stance.
    Weapon combo clipped with grandeur and I get blocked out of grandeur which also seems to cancel it.

This isn't "general gameplay" so here's a dedicated bug thread for anyone else experiencing similar instances.
    • Like x 5
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I haven't had any of these issues if they are indeed happening outside of the counter windows on PC. I'm going to chalk this up as hardware issues for the ps3 which is indeed the platform the OP has been playing on.
  3. denverweise Well-Known Player

I've had all of the same issues, but alas...I don't think there's a way to fix it. PS3 just can't hang anymore, the inevitable push to console switching has come full swing and the issues caused by the PS3's performance will never be addressed. Just to be clear though, I only run into these issues when dueling in open world and in pvp instances, sometimes fluxuation in connection speed could go unnoticed, but still affect closely timed mechanics
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So to clarify you are also on the ps3?
  5. denverweise Well-Known Player

6. FameYack Committed Player

I enjoy Legends: Total Fun,

It is incredible how three simple basic countres can give birth to a wide array of strategies,

I hope someone with video uploading capabilites can addres these issues for a more propper inspection,
  7. ChaosInternational New Player

It feels like you've hit a wall doesn't it? Out of nowhere, your animations feel like they're 3 steps behind.
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Based on what I've read around here, this really is platform based. If it isn't too much of a problem for anyone on the ps3 to record gameplay that would be very helpful here.
  9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

The disparity between what is happening on screen and what the counter window reacts to is PS agnostic.
  10. lanternknight Committed Player

It is a problem on the ps3 and the ps4.
  11. Skopos Well-Known Player

About a month or so ago i jumped into a 1v1 arena started fighting an opponent who was predictable but every single time i countered him he would gain immunity i thought ok I'm on ps3 and maybe I'm lagging, so i restarted my ps3 and rebooted my router jumped into another 1v1 arena and it happened again at that point i said ok I'm done and took my game off, morale i feel your pain.
  12. Newsflash New Player

Kinda. I would say hardware based though as I'm on PC and have these problems daily. It's hard to really know when things are working or not taking things like dodge and immunity into account.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Are you on the ps4? I've yet to see a video of this happening at all but it should be very simple to upload a video from the ps4.

Specs for your pc if you don't mind me asking?
  14. Newsflash New Player

Quad Core Windows 8, 8 gig ram.Nvidia GeForce 610 GT 2 (please don't laugh :p) Running DCUO on almost minimum settings at 1440x900 (widescreen monitor so I have to). Connection is 30mb DLS cable.

Case PSU prevents me running a better GPU without replacing it. I reckon I've got a mixture of latency + GPU lag.

Every time I've scrimmed Clutch or Wixxer they said "you're lagging" heh.
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I am officially pissed of now. Take away the shields stun and knock back. I shouldn't have to break out of a stun and then break out of a knock back right after.
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This thread has nothing to do with the obviously broken crowd control. It has to do with figuring out why certain people's counter mechanics are not working properly.

Curious, have you tried to run it in windowed mode?

Also, try running this and let me know what you get for upload and download speeds.
    http://www.speedtest.net/
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

For the sake of getting the rest of you in on this, run this really quickly. Just want to see what your upload and download speeds are compared to mine.

http://www.speedtest.net/
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

13 ms latency, 19.44 Mbps Download Speed, 5,93 Mbps Upload Speed.

I know I am not one of those you mentioned, but I do encounter strange things with the combat mechanic counter moves from time to time. For instance, I lunged an enemy today, and after I hit him, he blocked. I got knocked down by his block as if my lunge was countered even though he had not blocked until well after I lunged him. USPC.
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Are they not connected ?
  20. Newsflash New Player

Never tried it in windowed no. PVP would be hard like that as I have very poor vision anyway.

Ran 3x tests

Ping: a) 6ms, b) 6ms, c) 23ms
    Upload a) 31.31 b) 31.33 c) 31.36
    Download a) 2.02, b) 1.97, c) 1.96

DCUO running in the background while I did this. I don't have aclue about any of this stuff or how to calculate my latency.

Thanks for helping out and looking into this as well :)