DW Range Damage- W.i.T.??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TK PUSHA, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Cadens Dedicated Player

This. Its all about ego. There are several weapons that are perfectly capable of competing with each other. HB, Rifle, DW. But they dont wanna settle for someone who gets higher numbers with another weapon, so they ask for it to be nerfed, instead of improving their game.

I can understand when people complain about a power being out of hand, but a weapon??? When anyone can use it??? Sure you can say its "unbalanced", I have before... but to make threads about someone anyone can use?
    • Like x 1
  2. Thatguy New Player

Lets go there, since the crux of this issue is DW splitting not its single target damage ( if you read the thread). 3000+ on 3 enemies so fast that the grenades nearly touch in mid air. While you're praying for crits on a 2 second charge I've already done the 6-7 grenades you agreed would equal one DW throw.

DPS is damage per second. That involves dividing damage by time, not just spazzing out over a big number every 3 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

If you are seeing grenades "nearly touching in mid air", someone is either macroing, or using a glitch. Or you are just exaggerating greatly. Hard light does it the fastest normally, and that is in between every fan construct and a jump. Those are phantom, sure, but def not "nearly touching". In fact, they are slower than if you just stood there and tapped triangle.

You will also not get 6-7 grenades off in the time DW gets 2 charges off. Im not talking about waiting for the weapons to return to your hands. You throw DW and clip with a power, and you see massive amounts of damage on every target, in a HUGE cone. Rifle only has splash damage around the target you HIT, and, the rifle can actually MISS if the target moves.

There are so many simple things you fail to even realize that your argument is laughable. Also, id argue that a player that is good with HBs, will compete with you blow for blow when more than 1 target is involved.
  4. Thatguy New Player

Most channeled moves can be clipped so fast they can't be seen for phantom triangles. An ice DPS using all 3 of such moves at his disposal will get pretty close to touching grenades.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Ego or not, why do I have to use those three to "compete"? Melee weapons would be great if I could melee. :( Plus, even if I could, the two range weapons listed and dw are still a better faster option. Out of balance is thy name of weapons. All weapons should be always viable in ALL situations. There should NOT be one superior to the other. They should be EQUAL. :( I really hate this recent "adjustment".
  6. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

DW, HB & Rifle aren't out of balance. DP, 2H, Sheild, Bow, 1H, Staff, MA & Brawling are out of Balance for PVE and i stick to my story. Seems like quite the oposite is true when it comes to pvp though.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

In comparison, they would be considered out of balance within itself. Rifle, which do you think is better, going all the way to Mortar or just tapping range for Grenade?

HB, hold? What Hold. I want to get to the tap afterwards.

DW has had several nerfs, but what's good about it is the range hold.

Yeah, they all are out of balance. They need to all be equal. That is to say, I don't want them to not be there and only spamming powers every second only, but they need adjustmens.
  8. Burnt New Player

Much more risk with smoke bomb being that you're in their face when it hits. No comparison.
    • Like x 1
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Folks on are the right track in this thread but "re-balancing" DW will only cause people to move back to HBs and Rifle exclusively or whatever charged BB melee weapon attack reveals itself.

In reality, the problem is the range combos for all weapons, except maybe HB, are not viable for DPSing end game content. If the Devs want to design a combat situation which forces players to stay at range, then their needs to be some depth to the range combat system. Hold triangle on FotM melee weapon or tap triangle grenade launcher is anything but depth; It's the antithesis of it, as far as the weapon combo tree goes. Simply nerfing the DW or 1H or Staff or whatever they've done before isn't going to really change anything. There needs to be a wholesale paradigm shift. Frankly though, I am not sure how it's possible without drastically changing the whole system. Maybe it's just a matter of removing the cast bar on some ranged combos and truncating the duration on the rest?
    • Like x 3
  10. Thatguy New Player

For a DPS, losing damage is risk. DW can be interrupted at 99% charge for 0 damage. Smokebomb at least grants you the 5 taps beforehand.
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

lol ur right i was on supply and buffed but it wasnt a crit ... imagine if i crit omg btw icebash +buff+supply +troll buff = 25k crits and not splited ... in the new raid !
  12. Burnt New Player

And who exactly uses it in end game content? I've never seen it
    • Like x 1
  13. Thatguy New Player

Lets not pretend. If I named someone, would that matter to you?
  14. Little Sister New Player

What does W.i.T. mean ?
    • Like x 3
  15. Zpred Dedicated Player

If people are just using duel wield to compete in PVE... Then sorry they are fruit loops, why on earth is there so much competition with team work vs the environment.

If people are using it to do more damage to get content done/faster... Good luck to them.

If people are getting killed by it in PVP... You need to get faster in your lunges, but you deserved to be knocked out if you let this happen :D

No one is forced to use dual wield at all regardless of what it does in a hold charge, it's your personal preference, I think what the main concern is, not the fact of duel wields loooonnng hold charge damage does, it's the fact of what other weapons don't do in similar comparisons, there's no point going back n fourth Nerfing and buffing the same weapons everytime, I'd rather they spent some time on a whole weapon revamp, look at whats doing too much damage, look at whats not doing enough damage, damage vs speed, combo taps vs damage, hold times/vulnerables vs damage and so fourth.
    • Like x 1
  16. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

i figured it was - What I Think
  17. Burnt New Player

You're right, it probably wouldn't. To tell the truth I don't even know why I'm going back and forth with you on this. You're comparing a melay attack with a range attack and the topic of this thread is range attacks so your point is moot. I will bow out here with peace and love. Have a good day
  18. Aqua New Player

Normally I would agree but they usually nerf one weapon (1h) then just buff another (dw), at this point maybe if we leave it alone they'll stop buffing one and nerfing another and just start looking into buffing them all lol
  19. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

exactly.
    i would like to have choice between weapons that should be doing similar damage.
    the main variable should be range vs melee dps, which is what the whole update was for.
    somehow DW was just skipped over while every other melee weapon got the nerf.

do i have a problem with people using DWs currently? no, my main uses them anyway.
    the issue here is that i dont want to feel forced into using just one weapon for all my toons.
    sure, i could just go with another weapon, but why would i choose something that does HALF the damage of DWs?

balance please.
    weapon choice should be determinate upon a multitude of varying factors, but not the overall damage output.
    damage should be balanced.
    range weapons should have the best range damage, melee weapons should have the best melee damage.
    pretty simple.
    • Like x 1
  20. The Hornet New Player

All this, except I'd prefer to see Bow's trick shot get the bump, not arrow storm. TS is the better clip IMO.